Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll be honest with you, your right but...I've lived longer than most here, experienced some wonderful events and some awful events and I've gone past the 'group hug' / person centered approach to folk so if my bluntness offends put me on ignore.
You might benefit from taking some time away from the thread.
And no, I won’t ever put a member on ignore, I’m an adult, I can converse and behave as such.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It doesn’t matter how long you’ve lived or what you’ve experienced, it still doesn’t give you license to be an hole. You were being plain rude, adding a daft 😈 emoji to your post and everything. If you’re so old, maybe try acting your age.
You can be relatively young and have lived through allsorts of unimaginable things as i have. x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A Covid restrictions wedding sounds perfect to me but I don't like being the center of attention. A small wedding ceremony would be fine with me. I guess it depends on number of guests both for the ceremony and reception. I know some people even pre-corona would have a small ceremony and then invite more people to the reception.

I understand wanting to have the big day but not sure it's going to be possible on a pre-covid scale until the majority are vaccinated. IMO the day is always about the couple. I'm all for a couple getting married at a registrars office and maybe only having both sides parents there. Save a bit of money that way and when things improve with covid pull out all the stops and have a reception at a nice venue. Possibly the same one they would have chosen before the pandemic. The bride could wear the wedding dress she always wanted to wear, groom could wear the suit, get the dresses for the bridesmaids and groomsmen, and the photographer to take the traditional after ceremony shots.
My daughter and her fiancé have already had to cancel their wedding arrangements twice because of COVID. We’re hoping third time lucky as they’ve yet again re-arranged the wedding for the third week in April.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'll be honest with you, your right but...I've lived longer than most here, experienced some wonderful events and some awful events and I've gone past the 'group hug' / person centered approach to folk so if my bluntness offends put me on ignore.
"Person centred approach" ...you mean being respectful?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Please can someone debunk this/talk some sense into me please? 🙏🏽 makes it seem like the vaccine is essentially pretty pointless 😞
The first question I'd ask is 'where has this information (those answers) come from"? Any reputable organisation/news outlet will state their sources. This information looks like something cobbled together by Joe Blogs from Bognor, not something official or vaguely reputable. We are dealing with a new virus, a new vaccine and nobody has all the answers yet - we are in the midst of a complex and evolving situation and some things will only become apparent as time moves on. Everyone (me included) likes some certainty in their lives and at the moment not all the answers are available to give people that certainty. Some people are reacting to this by inventing their own truths and circulating them as though they really are genuine facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You can be relatively young and have lived through allsorts of unimaginable things as i have. x
Very true - I went to school with a girl who lost all her hair aged 12 due to the stress of finding her dad's dead body when she went to tell him lunch was ready. He was working on his car in the garage and just died suddenly and unexpectedly. Poor girl's hair never grew back and she had to wear a wig.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Very true - I went to school with a girl who lost all her hair aged 12 due to the stress of finding her dad's dead body when she went to tell him lunch was ready. He was working on his car in the garage and just died suddenly and unexpectedly. Poor girl's hair never grew back and she had to wear a wig.
We never know what others have been through x Poor girl x To look at me nobody would have a clue either.

Reactions: 7
I feel like people need to remember that this is again about “flattening the curve” so to speak, and at the moment the virus is another tool we have to do that. No, it’s not a magic wand and restrictions won’t lift immediately but once the lockdown plus effects of the vaccine start to filter through to reducing the pressure on the NHS, we can look to open things back up, the same as we did last year. Summer was relatively normal and this year should be at least no worse thanks to the vaccine keeping people out of hospital (and statistically most people who are likely to end up in hospital with covid will have had the vaccine by Easter). Schools reopening will push cases up BUT again people likely to end up very ill will hopefully not be going to hospital with it so the NHS will continue to cope and we won’t need lockdowns or so many restrictions. I personally think schools should be off until April. Ideally we need the NHS to have plenty of capacity in order to give staff the chance to rest and recover AND to start catching up on other services which have been stopped. There’s no point getting it just to “about coping” and then open things up and we take a step backwards. Data from Israel is promising and we’re finally doing what we should have done a year ago with regards to negative testing at the borders (even if it’s not totally foolproof it’s going to help a lot). We just need to be patient and get to spring, the weather will help and then I think we’re more likely to see a clearer timeline of how exactly restrictions will lift and in what order.
If the government and media report it looks like we’re on the right track and things are going well, people will see it as an invite to stop being so careful and following the rules with the “well if it’ll be fine next month then what’s the harm in me doing it now” kind of mentality I know plenty of tired and fed up people will have.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.