Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fly back to England from South Africa later tonight, and despite having negative PCR test results from a day ago, along with accepting the need to self isolate when I do get home, I can't help feeling like a leper to some of my so-called friends.
If you do the right thing ( which you are) you have nothing to feel bad about. Safe travels.

Reactions: 10
Anyone ever wake up in a blind panic? Like I am sleeping and then wake up feeling very scared that my husband could lose his job and then we end up homeless. It is an awful feeling. So done with this stupid virus.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
You say that method is easy but that seems so much more complicated to me, and time consuming.

For anyone doing home schooling and doing some of their own things or just looking for something a little bit different then look at different zoos. I know that Edinburgh Zoo are doing some learning activities and this week is panda based. There are also all the live webcams available if you want to see some animals.
We've got the national marine aquarium on our time table for Friday

Reactions: 2
Had my first Covid related dream last night! Went out with my mum and kids and was mad with her because she took us to a crowded place and I said it was irresponsible 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well, my son is due to be married in June, and they took out wedding insurance as no-one really knows what the situation will be like going forward.
I'm hoping that numbers will have decreased dramatically by the end of March, coupled with a few more million being vaccinated; and that should, hopefully, enable weddings to resume more normality. I feel so sorry for all the people who have needed to cancel their big day. 💖
I hope you are more lucky than us, our wedding insurance was basically useless - would not cover us at all. We have just rescheduled my daughters wedding for the second time to august 2022.

I am concerned, my workplace will not allow us to work from home because we are attached to a warehouse and therefore not an office. We are customer service for a mail order group. Only the most vulnerable are permitted to work from home. They deem themselves as covid compliant in terms of health and safety.
Today I learnt that 11 people are currently off with covid. Another person went home today to book a test after 5 days of cold like symptoms. Why did he not get this checked before? I don't know.
I have already had covid once and don't want it again but I predict to have it by end of this month at this rate.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'll be honest with you, your right but...I've lived longer than most here, experienced some wonderful events and some awful events and I've gone past the 'group hug' / person centered approach to folk so if my bluntness offends put me on ignore.
If you’ve “lived longer than most here”, you would think you would have learnt to use “you’re right” by now, not “your right”, thought I’d let you know so that you can add it to your long list of “experience” that you have!

And yes I know that’s very 😈 of me! Sorrynotsorry!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I am concerned, my workplace will not allow us to work from home because we are attached to a warehouse and therefore not an office. We are customer service for a mail order group. Only the most vulnerable are permitted to work from home. They deem themselves as covid compliant in terms of health and safety.
Today I learnt that 11 people are currently off with covid. Another person went home today to book a test after 5 days of cold like symptoms. Why did he not get this checked before? I don't know.
I have already had covid once and don't want it again but I predict to have it by end of this month at this rate.
Report it to your local authority you can do it anonymously, they will have a covid compliance team X

D15C1129-E256-47A4-BAFD-5C31D5821647.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is there any news on whether you will get further vaccines approved soon in the US, for example the Oxford one would resolve the storage issues at super markets etc as it can be stored in a normal fridge?

Not sure if it’s being assessed yet or considered for approval?
Right now only Pfizer and Moderna are being issued under Emergency Use and are not approved by the FDA. I think Moderna will be offered at non hospital sites as it has different storage requirements than Pfizer and can be kept in a regular refrigerator. I've heard the Johnson & Johnson one dose vaccine may be ready by March? The Oxford one is being trialed in the US but the FDA needs more data from the trials before allowing it for emergency use. I think another issue is enough staff to give the vaccine at vaccination sites. I've heard they want to call on nursing students, military medics, retired nurses, etc to help administer vaccines.

Reactions: 1
If you’ve “lived longer than most here”, you would think you would have learnt to use “you’re right” by now, not “your right”, thought I’d let you know so that you can add it to your long list of “experience” that you have!

And yes I know that’s very 😈 of me! Sorrynotsorry!
If I remember correctly, he’s an ex squaddie who went into nursing when he left the army. I’m so glad he has never nursed me.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
My mam is hoping to get her vaccine in the next couple of weeks, she is 71 and her72 year old friend was contacted yesterday to attend this week. This will be life changing, she is vulnerable so has hardly left the house since March and is usually a social butterfly .

I am going to take advice on whether to get the vaccine, I have a few allergies and been breathless/wheezy but not anaphylactic shock type situation. I am hoping by the time I get a date more information is known about this as I would like to be vaccinated, my partner will definitely have the vaccine.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Quite a large drop today in cases compared with last Saturday.

82C975C6-B5AD-4A1E-AA38-DC245E12BCFF.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Further to my earlier post (won’t post the story for privacy reasons)View attachment 386112
His nose! Hope he didn’t sneeze.

The chief constable took part in our briefing yesterday , walked out masked with the first ministers and took off his mask at the podium to clean his glasses with it 😂View attachment 386120View attachment 386122
Now if I did that in front of him. 🙄
My friend’s neighbour went out for his paper this morning around 6.30 and was stopped by the PSNI who were quite rude with him,and he ended up being ordered to put his mask on even though he was outdoors and not another sinner about.

Last edited:
  • Haha
His nose! Hope he didn’t sneeze.

Now if I did that in front of him. 🙄
My friend’s neighbour went out for his paper this morning around 6.30 and was stopped by the PSNI who were quite rude with him,and he ended up being ordered to put his mask on even though he was outdoors and not another sinner about.
They're steady stopping people where I am .I haven't seen many landrovers about do you think they're not allowed to use them only when really needed, they'd be sat very close together in the back of those .

They're steady stopping people where I am .I haven't seen many landrovers about do you think they're not allowed to use them only when really needed, they'd be sat very close together in the back of those .
Me neither. I saw a police car the other day but hardly ever see those either.

Reactions: 1
Just did another session of volunteering at the local hospital. Most people turned up for their vaccine and a lot of old people are grumpy and ungrateful but most were very nice and grateful. But it would help if people came at 12 if that’s their appt not 2.00pm!
despite what you may read in the dm they are not throwing away left over vaccine. Where I was they are calculating how many doses they need on the last day and calling on over 80’s and health workers at short notice.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.