Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry I can’t stop laughing at this. I was thinking of a young child not an almost 18 year old 😂
Ive had lots of quotes on this and no i am not on the wind up, I should have said her age in the initial post as I see lots of parents with small kids empathising with me, but I am not one of you. My daughter is 8 weeks from her 18th.
The funny thing was, she didn’t even get full marks on the scavenger hunt as I was on Teams in the kitchen so that was out of bounds 🙈 Her UCAS application is away, will this failure affect her final grades?! Has the teacher ran out of loo roll and trying to figure out which pupil to hit up? Who knows 🤷🏽‍♀️ But I am not enamoured with the online learning.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I must say I’ve never once washed my shopping, post or deliveries o_O I will wash my hands before and after going out and try not to touch my face in general. I’ve been okay so far guys!
neither have I and I still haven't got it either. In all honesty and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone doing it or anyone who's had covid, or be blasé but I'd rather take my chances with the virus. That would drive me absolutely stir crazy! If I think too much about germs I won't leave the house. I hate people in my home as it is!

ETA: I don't wash my hands after handling things either. I sanitise while out and about, although I've got gloves on as it's 1 degrees here. I don't wash my hands when I come into the house. I'm not trying to be a dick I just don't think about it. Still not had it though

Reactions: 10
My dad was admitted for a minor procedure last week and was negative upon admission.
He is now positive. After shielding for almost a year, the place that is meant to improve his health is the very same place that has compromised it.
I'm sorry, I hope he recovers well.

It's very worrying if people are going in with minor ailments and coming out covid positive. A homeless man outside work had a minor stroke and refused to go to hospital as he fears he'll catch it. People won't want to go to hospital, many already don't but they need treatment.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm sorry, I hope he recovers well.

It's very worrying if people are going in with minor ailments and coming out covid positive. A homeless man outside work had a minor stroke and refused to go to hospital as he fears he'll catch it. People won't want to go to hospital, many already don't but they need treatment.
In a few years this will be the crisis, all those who didn’t seek treatment because of covid and their condition had progressed too far.

Reactions: 2
neither have I and I still haven't got it either. In all honesty and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone doing it or anyone who's had covid, or be blasé but I'd rather take my chances with the virus. That would drive me absolutely stir crazy! If I think too much about germs I won't leave the house. I hate people in my home as it is!
Please don't just 'take your chances' even if you're fit and healthy you can still suffer extreme effects from covid. You don't have to be overly cautious, just wear a mask, social distance and sanitise your hands every now and again. I think the parcel thing is overboard myself, I'm not that cautious but it's not something anyone wants to catch.

Reactions: 1
I must say I’ve never once washed my shopping, post or deliveries o_O I will wash my hands before and after going out and try not to touch my face in general. I’ve been okay so far guys!
It’s a slim chance of catching it this way but it’s still a chance. I wouldn’t criticise someone else for not doing it in their own home, I just get annoyed when I get criticised for choosing to do it! 😂

Reactions: 5
Please don't just 'take your chances' even if you're fit and healthy you can still suffer extreme effects from covid. You don't have to be overly cautious, just wear a mask, social distance and sanitise your hands every now and again. I think the parcel thing is overboard myself, I'm not that cautious but it's not something anyone wants to catch.
I think she meant take her chances in terms of washing down shopping etc not in general

Reactions: 8
It’s a slim chance of catching it this way but it’s still a chance. I wouldn’t criticise someone else for not doing it in their own home, I just get annoyed when I get criticised for choosing to do it! 😂
Each to their own I say! As long as everyone is hygienic in public I have no problem with whatever they want to do 😆

Reactions: 10
I always wear a mask (requirement everywhere here in Germany anyway. In my work it's a requirement outside.) I sanitise when I'm out if I'm going to touch something (although It's so cold here I have gloves on when I'm not in a building). I don't know anyone here as all my family/friends are in the uk so no need to think about mixing and all that. I don't want to fall down a hole of thinking everything is dirty.

Reactions: 3
He pointed out (I’ve said this all along and been laughed at by so many people) that you can not only get covid by standing too near an infected person but also by handling something they have handled!

This is why I quarantine my post, wipe over my shopping when it’s delivered and wipe over my letterbox and door handle etc
I’m pretty sure you can’t catch it through your fingertips though so as long as you wash your hands or sanitise after handling things, you’re fine. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable but I know some people were struggling mentally with sanitising everything that came in to the house and developing some unhealthy tendencies so I think it’s important to know you don’t need to do this as long as you’re practicing hand hygiene after touching things (and presumably not licking anything or stroking on your face!)

I do wipe down door handles and other high hand traffic areas around the house more frequently. We do it in work every night as part of our contingency measures so it’s become a habit.

Reactions: 3
Each to their own I say! As long as everyone is hygienic in public I have no problem with whatever they want to do 😆
Completely agree, to each their own, and I do agree with other posters that it can make you a bit ocd 🤪 but I just don’t trust other people’s hygiene....so if someone else has touched something I need to wipe it or quarantine it or wash my hands after 🤣

So here are some things that NEED to happen in England (in my opinion)
- Do all the things Scotland introduced yesterday
- A clear step-by-step of how to get out of lockdowns
- Stop ALL travel in and out of the country unless for essential reasons (bereavement, funerals, permanent residence moving)
- Essential 14 days quarantine for anyone arriving from abroad
- Actually checking the locator forms at the airport
- Hotel quarantines like a lot of other countries have managed
- Ensuring people actually are quarantineing when they should be (regular phone calls, random visits etc)
- Stop taking pity on Boris, this is his fault that the country is still in this position. If you truly believe he is doing his best, you should be highly alarmed that THIS is the best he can do
- Stop saying that however million people are vaccinated because they aren't, you are only fully vaccinated when you've had both doses. It's misleading, I know it's nice to hear but its untrue
- Do more to rid place of fake news. Apparently every single doctor, nurse, scientist etc. in the world are in on this SCAMdemic and Covid isn't real. 2 million people aren't dead because someone said so on a Facebook meme. There is free speech and then there is dangerous mis-information. People need to learn the difference.
- Masks outdoors. No, I don't mean on a walk down your local country park, I'm on about in your local town on the busy shopping days.
- The economy will recover, some people will not
These are unpopular, don't get me wrong. But they are the cold, hard truth of what is needed to even make a dent in the last 10 months. This country needs to do more, it needs better leadership. The virus will not go away just because people are bored of it. Italy are talking about re-opening restaurants as people in the country are bored. Imagine being bored that people are dying? Imagine spitting on a grave like that

Reactions: 8
I’m pretty sure you can’t catch it through your fingertips though so as long as you wash your hands or sanitise after handling things, you’re fine.
Humans touch their faces more than we realise....of course you can’t catch it through your fingertips! 😂

I feel the same. No live teaching at all. One 'check in' Teams call for a year 4 and nothing for year 7. They had apparently planned live teaching but it was pulled last minute for safeguarding reasons. Yet I hear of children in the same local authority receiving live lessons. I have politely questioned this with the school but told that's what they have been told to do.
Our online lessons are just marking 1 of the work sheets, it takes up a huge chunk of the day and my youngest often classes with my eldests so we have to leave half way through. They send us the answers with the work sheet.

Well death shouldn't be 'sugar-coated' - it is the end. No-one is gonna jump off the bed shouting 'fooled ya'. A lot of younger people have no idea what death actually means. Years ago it was normal to have aging relatives die at home and be laid out. Now younger people just seem to think it is like a cartoon or a violent on-line game where they can sign off, come back tomorrow and the same people will be there to kill again. Of course, most young people don't even listen to the broadcasts so why should it be anything but factual and, yes, brutal if it makes people think more about their actions.
I don't think it was necessary to bring age into this at all. It's really rude and condescending. And you completely missed the point

Reactions: 4
I’m pretty sure you can’t catch it through your fingertips though so as long as you wash your hands or sanitise after handling things, you’re fine. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable but I know some people were struggling mentally with sanitising everything that came in to the house and developing some unhealthy tendencies so I think it’s important to know you don’t need to do this as long as you’re practicing hand hygiene after touching things (and presumably not licking anything or stroking on your face!)
Quoting you again as you’ve added more to your post which agrees with what I’ve said in response so I’ll look crazy if I don’t add this! 🤣😂😝

Humans touch their faces more than we realise....of course you can’t catch it through your fingertips! 😂
I was being a bit facetious sorry! Just saying that unless you’re not washing your hands as much as you should there is no real need to be sanitising everything you touch (unless it really does make you feel better I guess). A hand wash afterwards will do.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.