Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That graph is only an estimate of people with symptomatic Covid not on pos cases . I think the Gov model theirs on all pos cases both asym/sym?
There's a difference of 9 days here. This accounts for all positive cases. This takes us to 2wks after Christmas where we expect that after the mixing that there would be a massive peak, but the cases have already started to drop. The virus had already had its peak without lockdown taking effect

Attachments

So what are people’s thoughts on how 2021 is going to pan out? I can’t see it being much better than last year.

Reactions: 4
So what are people’s thoughts on how 2021 is going to pan out? I can’t see it being much better than last year.
Yeah - I feel the same. I had high hopes. Now I’m just keeping my head down hoping for a better 2022.

Reactions: 8
I think we’ll be back to where we were in the summer by around April, things will probably open up almost fully by peak summer - maybe not large gigs or festivals but I reckon smaller bars and restaurants will be ok. Hopefully no more “rule of 6”. Probably lots more outdoor events happening to get round the restrictions. I think masks will stay on trains and for vulnerable people, but won’t be compulsory in shops or restaurants anymore.

Then maybe around September/October things may start to get a bit tighter. They might impose rule of 6 again, and go back to what we know as tier 1 rules. Then it’s a waiting game really, is the jab actually that effective? Do we need to vaccinate everyone again? I don’t think next winter will be as bad as this winter but I do expect there will be some form of restriction on our lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Really? Even though we are well on track to have the top 4 categories of vulnerable vaccinated by mid Feb and will have exceeded the vaccination goals, potentially being able to offer every adult in the country, who wants one, a jab by this Autumn?

In the next 4 weeks we should start to see a gradual and consistent drop in hospitalisations and deaths. I can't see how it wouldn't be better than last year when we were basically going about blind.

Reactions: 16
There's a difference of 9 days here. This accounts for all positive cases. This takes us to 2wks after Christmas where we expect that after the mixing that there would be a massive peak, but the cases have already started to drop. The virus had already had its peak without lockdown taking effect
There was a “false decline” of cases during the Christmas period due to delays in reporting etc. This was also seen in the US.

The peak of cases was just a few days ago so it’s not correct to say cases peaked before lockdown was introduced.

Reactions: 2
Just completed the consent form for my kids to have the lateral flow tests at school. No idea when they'll have their first one but glad it's all in place for when they return

Reactions: 10
I thought it would be okay with more people being vaccinated.

After tonight and the emergency cancellation of flights from certain countries, I just don’t know.

Reactions: 3
I think 2021 will start to get better from late March - September.

winter months will be restricted again.

the vaccinations are gaining speed. We are on track to meet the Feb targets.
I don’t think they will lift restrictions until March though.

Reactions: 12
Definitely need to be more positive! This time round we have the vaccine! Positive vibes! We are getting there! X

After tonight and the emergency cancellation of flights from certain countries, I just don’t know.
What happened tonight? I think it’s positive cancellation of flights for the time beingb

Does anyone else though find it weird how near to each other daily Covid cases are?? Like one day it’s 47,688 and the next like 47,432 or is it just me??

Reactions: 10
I’m not going to write the entire year off before we’ve even reached mid January. I think things will start getting more ‘normal’ after Easter. It’ll depend on vaccine roll out to determine how the winter months play out. I don’t think we’ll see the back of masks this year and I think distancing in some public spaces will still be encouraged until next year. But I don’t think it’ll be like this come the Autumn.

Reactions: 18
Can anyone actually remember “normal” life cos it just feels like a distant memory to me now 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 18

They should have cancelled flights back in September. And they should have been testing more people who they allowed to travel. I feel that far too much was allowed to happen, whilst restaurants, bars and other businesses were told to close. It never made sense to allow people to take holidays abroad while others were made to struggle financially.

Reactions: 11
Can anyone actually remember “normal” life cos it just feels like a distant memory to me now 😪
This is the truest thing. I relate. What did we do before this? I can't believe we used to plan, and the only restriction would be whether people were available or not.
I've got used to lockdown, and the restrictions, and I find it helps not to think about what it was like before. I know it's hard, when all you want is to go out and see people. I think I try to just focus on the present.
My DMs are always open if you're struggling x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
No. I can’t remember being able to leave the house care free and seeing what we fancied doing. I don’t remember days out, the feeling when you see your food coming in a restaurant 😂 or the last time I had all my friends in the same room, or hugged my parents. I cannot wait for the day that covid isn’t always at the forefront of my mind and we can be spontaneous again.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.