Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OT but tattle baby arrived safely just after 4 this morning ๐Ÿ’• Although due to restrictions my partner missed the birth. I rang him to leave home and she was born 7 mins later ๐Ÿ™ˆ
Congratulations @Stimpii. ๐Ÿ’–
Hope you and Baby Stimpii are doing well and will soon be home with Daddy Stimpii. ๐Ÿ’“

Reactions: 7
I feel like the UKโ€™s constant gloating about the vaccine numbers is like someone saying theyโ€™re winning a marathon when theyโ€™re only planning on running half the race ๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: 11
I feel like the UKโ€™s constant gloating about the vaccine numbers is like someone saying theyโ€™re winning a marathon when they only running half the race ๐Ÿ˜
Theyโ€™ve got to gloat about something theyโ€™ve been appalling at everything else ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OT but tattle baby arrived safely just after 4 this morning ๐Ÿ’• Although due to restrictions my partner missed the birth. I rang him to leave home and she was born 7 mins later ๐Ÿ™ˆ
Congrats!!! Such lovely news ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Reactions: 3
Lovely news!! โค

Couldn't put it better myself. Hardly any covid cases were around last summer. By this summer tens of millions will have been vaccinated at least once if not twice. There is zero reason to believe this summer will have as many restrictions as last summer. It won't be justifiable and people would hopefully not put up with it.

I used to frequent his pub ๐Ÿ˜‚ heโ€™s a very positive guy and I hope for his staff heโ€™s right.

Reactions: 4
Congratulations! Iโ€™m so sorry your partner missed the birth, hope you can get home soon so he can have lots of time with the baby snd give you support x

Getting a bit fed up of waking up on a Saturday morning and thinking what shall we do this weekend? Oh, yea nothing! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Getting a bit fed up of waking up on a Saturday morning and thinking what shall we do this weekend? Oh, yea nothing! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
Same. Feel guilty that we canโ€™t take the kids anywhere, not that I think theyโ€™re bothered to be honest!

Reactions: 6
Please can someone debunk this/talk some sense into me please? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ makes it seem like the vaccine is essentially pretty pointless ๐Ÿ˜ž
I agree when you put it like that it does seem a bit pointless . What you have to remember though is they will be looking at the overall picture. They canโ€™t say for each individual person at this stage โ€œok once youโ€™re vaccinated you can do what you wantโ€ but it does mean over time, as more people get vaccinated we will start to see drops in cases and more importantly deaths.

Once they can see that cases and deaths are low thatโ€™s when restrictions can be eased.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Does not wanting the vaccine make you an anti-vaxxer? I personally don't want the vaccine, but I'm not against vaccines in general, and I'm all for everyone else having it if they choose to. I guess literally it does, but I feel like there are a lot of negative connotations tied to 'anti-vaxxers'.
So let everyone else protect you, thats jolly good of you ... you are anti vax and they deserve the 'negative connotations' attached to that. There is no logic to not taking the vaccine so don't expect any support for your views :devilish:

• Wow
  • Sick
Please can someone debunk this/talk some sense into me please? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ makes it seem like the vaccine is essentially pretty pointless ๐Ÿ˜ž
Its pretty accurate.
They say the vaccine will protect the person that has it up to 90% from catching it, or if they do still catch it then give them a better chance of surviving it has they hope it will give less symptoms. This in theory will reduce the pressure on the NHS and save some lives.
Even with the vaccine you can still carry the virus and pass it on, so yes - restrictions will still remain.
What we don't know is what restrictions and how long they will last. The government and scientists won't be drawn on that question because they just don't know. The vaccines haven't been tested on a large enough amount of people yet to know, crudely put - they're still experimenting with that bit. So time will tell.
Everything there has been said at the briefings, but rather than flat out 'No', they've been saying they 'don't know,' or 'we hope'

Reactions: 6
For the person asking why you dont hear anything about hospitality and how are they coping. We're coping fine. As long as furlough continues we will be okay. We have a lot less bills to pay now than of we were to open and hardly anyone come in. When we opened for that period of 3 months, we didnt make any money. We lost money for the first time. But theres no point us kicking and screaming about lockdown not rung fair or whatever we because it wonr change anything. We're holding it together because this wont last forever. It's really embarrassing to see other owners and managers kicking off on the news or anywhere because what's the point? What's throwing a strop really going to do? I know a lot of peoples thoughts on furlough are that we're lazy etc but my parents have worked every single day for the last 19 years in our pub. But that's what people dont want to understand. Even when theyve been on holiday, theyve just been on the other end of the phone. Weve worked every birthday, christmas day, new year etc etc. So I wish people.would just think before opening their.mouths

I mean this in the nicest way possible, stop believing things you see on social media. Yes they may be true, but they dont look at the bigger picture at all. It's not a blanket no, it's just that no one knows the answers yet. What if they said yes and then something detrimental happened? You'd be quick to play the blame game. This narratives are pushed by the anti vaxx crew every year about one vaccine or another. Just sit tight and we'll know when we know. While it would be lovely to see into the future, no one can, not even scientists

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wonderful news!! Congratulations ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Some of the statements are true however they are referring to you in isolation getting the vaccine.

It is true to say that just you getting the vaccine is not a magic pill back to normal life, the point of the vaccine is it helps us achieve herd immunity faster and with a lot less deaths.

We canโ€™t get herd immunity until a large proportion are vaccinated and we canโ€™t drop restrictions without herd immunity.

Also with it stopping you from passing it on (as so many people love to say it doesnโ€™t).

This is incorrect to state as fact. The vaccine may stop transmission however there is not enough data to prove this yet, there have been some promising studies but not enough evidence as yet. If it does, then we are out of this mess a lot quicker.

I would also say Israelโ€™s drop in infections post vaccination is promising in that regard.

Reactions: 7
Ahhh congratulations โ™ฅ lovely news! Hope you and baby are doing well and are home soon with your partner xx

So let everyone else protect you, thats jolly good of you ... you are anti vax and they deserve the 'negative connotations' attached to that. There is no logic to not taking the vaccine so don't expect any support for your views :devilish:
I think youโ€™re being a bit harsh....the OP @JodieGreen123 has said she isnโ€™t against anyone else having the vaccine, she personally doesnโ€™t want to take it and thatโ€™s her choice. Sheโ€™s not expecting everyone else to take it so she doesnโ€™t have to. Sheโ€™s saying that whilst she doesnโ€™t want it, she doesnโ€™t object to others having it. She is allowed to feel that way without being judged.

There are numerous reasons why someone might not want the vaccine, we are not in a dictatorship, it is personal choice. Stop bashing someone for saying they donโ€™t want it.

You were the one moaning about people moaning about lockdown the other day, you come across as extremely judgemental and rude in my opinion.

Reactions: 17
Couldn't put it better myself. Hardly any covid cases were around last summer. By this summer tens of millions will have been vaccinated at least once if not twice. There is zero reason to believe this summer will have as many restrictions as last summer. It won't be justifiable and people would hopefully not put up with it.

Is this not because schools stayed shut throughout though, for the majority? I promise I am normally a positive person and try to find the best in situations ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป but surely this is the reason? Whereas hopefully schools will reopen way before then this time!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.