2021 Weddings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anybody else getting married next year? Our wedding is in June.

With the news of the new vaccine being approved does anybody feel more optimistic about weddings?

We’ve put off planning it for ages but now we are getting on with it as we are almost into the new year and it’s getting closer than ever. Our financial situation has obviously changed because of COVID-19 so I’m worried about our wedding not being as nice as we haven’t been able to put any spare money away for it since about May 😞

I’m sort of hoping it still has to be a smaller wedding as that will save us a lot of stress. If I could go back in time I would have definitely eloped and saved the hassle. I hope we manage to pull it off in time 😂

Just thought it might be nice to maybe give tips and advice and help each other out 😊

Reactions: 1
We’ve postponed to April from last June. It won’t happen how we’d want it anyway, but to be honest the excitement has gone for me.

We made the mistake last Jan/Feb time of practically paying off our balance which means the venue have so much of our money!

I don’t know where we stand legally on getting this back. I’m hoping it won’t even come to having to go down that route, but is that wishful thinking? 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 3
We’ve postponed to April from last June. It won’t happen how we’d want it anyway, but to be honest the excitement has gone for me.

We made the mistake last Jan/Feb time of practically paying off our balance which means the venue have so much of our money!

I don’t know where we stand legally on getting this back. I’m hoping it won’t even come to having to go down that route, but is that wishful thinking? 😒
It must be horrible already postponing it once and knowing it’s still not going to be the same this time around 😢

I don’t feel excited at all and I was so giddy when we booked it over a year ago. It feels awful to know you’re paying loads for something that you aren’t even excited about. If I was younger I’d cancel and do it in a couple of years but don’t want to lose deposits and mess around with all this again.

I hope by April thinks might be at a point where you will hopefully get the wedding you wish for! Even if you didn’t it would seem really wrong for them to keep the money when it’s not the wedding you paid for. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We've postponed three times 😭 first wedding was meant to be in May 2020 then we moved it naively to October 2020 and then to May 2021....I really wish we'd just canceled but we didn't realise how long the pandemic would go on for. There is no excitement at all and just feels miserable.

I really really don't want our wedding May, we do not want a small wedding and the whole point is to have a big party.
I also can't see everything up and running for weddings before the summer such as hotels operating, music bands, or food being served on a large scale plus many guest might not want to come and mix.

Legally you have full rights to get your money back. The gov brought in a new law HOWEVER my fecking make up girl won't give my money back, I'm fuming as she has no right.

If you could change it to 2022 which we're hoping to do then the excitement might come back

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I hope we all get what’s right for us. Whether that’s a smaller wedding to reduce the stress, or our money back or an easy postponement to a date waaaay in the future.

It’s reassuring (in a strange way) to hear that others feel the same as I do. I think people think it’s a bit odd to NOT want your wedding to happen. I’d love to get married, but it’s definitely put things in perspective with what’s important.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've got two friends who have also cancelled their weddings from last year and another 2 girls are work who had to cancel. It made me feel better because I wasn't alone.
Remember so many couples are going through this.

Honestly I'm desperate to move it to 22 or 23 but the stress of next year in May just gives me shudders.

We are getting married in September 2021. I don't even want to think about the UK still being in this nightmare come then not only for weddings but the population's sanity as a whole 🤦🏼‍♀️ We've always planned on having a small wedding so if numbers have to be reduced more in order for it to still be able to go ahead if restrictions are still in place then so be it.

The other sticking point is honeymoons, we'd love to have the excitement of having a honeymoon booked to look forward to but you just don't know where is going to be open/ don't have to quarentine there or when you come back etc. Honeymoon will have to be more of a last minute thing or postponed until sometime after the wedding if it has to be into 2022 to travel somewhere.

We are April, I’m losing all hope that it will happen. I don’t want to have only 15 people or compromise so much on it it’s so far from what we wanted.
I guess the next month or so will be really telling.
It has taken so much excitement away from wedding planning, I don’t know what to do!!!!

We are getting married in September 2021. I don't even want to think about the UK still being in this nightmare come then not only for weddings but the population's sanity as a whole 🤦🏼‍♀️ We've always planned on having a small wedding so if numbers have to be reduced more in order for it to still be able to go ahead if restrictions are still in place then so be it.

The other sticking point is honeymoons, we'd love to have the excitement of having a honeymoon booked to look forward to but you just don't know where is going to be open/ don't have to quarentine there or when you come back etc. Honeymoon will have to be more of a last minute thing or postponed until sometime after the wedding if it has to be into 2022 to travel somewhere.
We had a really expensive and amazing honeymoon in mind. We were in the position to do it this time last year even if it meant sticking a bit on the credit card for our once in a lifetime holiday. Now there’s no chance of where we want to go letting us in plus it’s in a worse state than us with COVID (California and Hawaii). We’ve also not saved anywhere near as much as what we were doing due to me having to leave my job and partner earning less when he was on furlough 😩 Our honeymoon is two weeks after the wedding so we might be able to book something last minute but it won’t be what we dreamed of. I obviously know this is 1st world problems but we are hopefully only going to get married once and every exciting part of it has been taken away 😞

Hen dos/stag dos as well. I was only going to have a day hen do near home but partner was excited for a city break with all his friends. It’s so disappointing.

We are April, I’m losing all hope that it will happen. I don’t want to have only 15 people or compromise so much on it it’s so far from what we wanted.
I guess the next month or so will be really telling.
It has taken so much excitement away from wedding planning, I don’t know what to do!!!!
I know! I don’t have many family and friends but even I’d struggle with that amount of guests! We’ve had to email our venue today to ask them if they have any advice. We really need to be sending invites out and seeing who needs to stop overnight at the hotel. I’ve got deposits down for suppliers I can’t even remember because it’s been that long since I’ve tried to plan it 😂

We had a really expensive and amazing honeymoon in mind. We were in the position to do it this time last year even if it meant sticking a bit on the credit card for our once in a lifetime holiday. Now there’s no chance of where we want to go letting us in plus it’s in a worse state than us with COVID (California and Hawaii). We’ve also not saved anywhere near as much as what we were doing due to me having to leave my job and partner earning less when he was on furlough 😩 Our honeymoon is two weeks after the wedding so we might be able to book something last minute but it won’t be what we dreamed of. I obviously know this is 1st world problems but we are hopefully only going to get married once and every exciting part of it has been taken away 😞

Hen dos/stag dos as well. I was only going to have a day hen do near home but partner was excited for a city break with all his friends. It’s so disappointing.

I know! I don’t have many family and friends but even I’d struggle with that amount of guests! We’ve had to email our venue today to ask them if they have any advice. We really need to be sending invites out and seeing who needs to stop overnight at the hotel. I’ve got deposits down for suppliers I can’t even remember because it’s been that long since I’ve tried to plan it 😂

I know what you mean, we've got to get save the dates etc sorted and we are like to we play it safe and reduce numbers or keep it as is in the hopes it will all be fine by then. I don't know 😅

I hope it all goes to plan for you!! ❤

I didn’t have to cancel our wedding but we did it on a low budget of around £8-9 thousand by just trying to be savvy, and we still had all the things we wanted. It is doable, so if anyone wants any advice on how and where we saved, just message me. X
We do have a friend that booked their wedding in September 2019 for September 2021. They are hopeful, but they decided to postpone their honeymoon till 2022. The venue, the photographer and various others haven’t cancelled on them either so far.
Good luck to you all ❤

Ah we have st Lucia booked after our wedding in May...the wedding that wont happen. All very first world problems but I don't need the guilt of feeling spoilt on top of everything else 😂
We'll be doing everything back to front. We're now trying for a baby, why wait
In my experience if you want your original wedding then try to postpone. It'll be 18 months plus before we get our wedding from the original date but I've realised it doesn't matter and to hold out until everything is safe.
Our suppliers have been fantastic and moved three times 😪 we're just hoping they move again for a fourth date!

Ps new gov guidelines came out in September to say that weddings that were stopped by the pandemic money rightfully needed to be paid back to the bride and groom

I think I’ve buried my head in the sand with regards to a lot and made excuses about waiting until after Christmas, waiting until they contact us etc. People have tried to give advice but it’s not always that easy when you’re the person that’s poured hours and hours of time into planning. I think I need a spokesperson to speak on my behalf 😂

I know my other half would take the role and I’ve always said no before because I didn’t want any bad feelings between us and the venue, but now we’re leaning more towards just cancelling and making alternative plans, I don’t mind as much!

I really do think I’d feel happier just us and the kids doing a very small thing.

@Barbie2020 we had California booked too and things over there do not look great at all do they?!

I think I’ve buried my head in the sand with regards to a lot and made excuses about waiting until after Christmas, waiting until they contact us etc. People have tried to give advice but it’s not always that easy when you’re the person that’s poured hours and hours of time into planning. I think I need a spokesperson to speak on my behalf 😂

I know my other half would take the role and I’ve always said no before because I didn’t want any bad feelings between us and the venue, but now we’re leaning more towards just cancelling and making alternative plans, I don’t mind as much!

I really do think I’d feel happier just us and the kids doing a very small thing.

@Barbie2020 we had California booked too and things over there do not look great at all do they?!
Get your partner to be the spokesman. I did this with my boyfriend. I couldn't face it.
He asked me for a list of people and things he needed to do to postpone our wedding and off he went and did it. It made everything slightly easier.
He is also very easy going whereas I would panic and get stressed.

• Heart
We’re 5th June, and have decided we will get married then with whatever restrictions are in place. Our original number is 120 but we have done 15 and 30 lists, I don’t really want to push in back and know our venue is fully booked on weekends in 2021 & 2022. My Nanna is also in her 90s and is really excited, so I just want her there! ❤

• Heart

We’ve been the same Christmas seemed ages away and I thought we would just deal with it after now it’s got to this point I’m in panic mode! I think you’ve got to do what’s best for you. I’ve definitely realised i just want to get married and it doesn’t necessarily matter about the party, just wish I’d realised this before I booked it 😂

California is one of the really bad states! I just hope now that they are getting the vaccine rolled out things might get a bit better. We said earlier if we have to cancel we might just elope to Vegas when we can and then do California straight after for honeymoon. Sounds better than our original plan lol!

I’m sure things will work out for us one way or another 🤞🏼😊

Ah we have st Lucia booked after our wedding in May...the wedding that wont happen. All very first world problems but I don't need the guilt of feeling spoilt on top of everything else 😂
We'll be doing everything back to front. We're now trying for a baby, why wait
In my experience if you want your original wedding then try to postpone. It'll be 18 months plus before we get our wedding from the original date but I've realised it doesn't matter and to hold out until everything is safe.
Our suppliers have been fantastic and moved three times 😪 we're just hoping they move again for a fourth date!

Ps new gov guidelines came out in September to say that weddings that were stopped by the pandemic money rightfully needed to be paid back to the bride and groom
I don’t blame you trying for a baby now if you’re having to wait for your wedding. I’m almost 30 and wanted to try for a baby pretty much straight after the wedding. I’ve decided I can probably wait a couple of years though for a baby!

I hope everything works out well for you 😘

Hi ladies ♥happy new year. I just wanted to say good luck for 2021!
I completely agree that you have to do whats right for you. We got legally married last year, just 2 guests hence why our wedding will be more like a party when we do eventually get to do it and why we're not desperate to have it until a restrictions have gone.
I would say to anyone thinking of getting legally married to do it. I didn't think it'd be special but it was amazing and a little bit of happiness in 2020.
So if your priority is to be married and perhaps not have a big wedding do it! You can always celebrate in 2022!

Our wedding celebration is meant to be in May. I cannot see it happening so we'll be cancelling or postponing for the third time 😑
If you have insurance read it but also do go on the gov website as new legislation was brought in to basically say weddings that couldn't go ahead the couple are rightfully owed their money.

I'm 37 and just started to try for our first baby. Wish we'd started 12 months ago. My priorities have changed and I've realised there is no need to even think or worry about a wedding. It'll happen but probably in a few years time.

X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m due to get married in June too and unless things miraculously get better soon, I can’t see it happening 😔 same with our honeymoon too which is due to happen straight afterwards. I’m in the same boat with things like needing to sort invites and paying final invoices etc, it’s been so long since I’ve done any planning I’m at a loss of what to do. My friend has had to move her wedding twice and has a third date set for 2 weeks before mine and she & her fiancé have decided they will get married regardless, which I don’t blame them for. She’s even talking about paying for rapid testing for her guests to potentially have a ‘normal’ wedding day.

Whilst it’s a horrible situation to be in, I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like this, whenever people ask me about it I never really know what to say haha! It’s supposed to be one of the most exciting times of your life and it’s sad that it’s all been sucked out of us ❤

I honestly just want to cancel the wedding and go abroad in a year or two. I honestly can’t see things being much better until late summer 😩

We are meant to be getting married beginning of March. We only wanted a small do anyway with family, to be honest we just want to be married, even if it can only be the 2 of us. But I'm not sure that's even going to be allowed...!
Just feels like you're having to delay your life 😕

• Sad