Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have several friends and people I know who work in Childcare and schools and they literally all know the same time as us. It’s all kept really secure
Me and a colleague are literally messaging each other trying to work out whether we'll be in our nursery tomorrow or whether we'll get a call tonight. It's madness.

Reactions: 2
It’s my birthday next Thursday! Naively thought this would all be over by my birthday. Hopefully I can order a takeaway if he doesn’t shut them!
I thought this would all be over the first time boris said we can turn the tide in 12 weeks 😂 think we've all lost our faith in him after that failed promise and all the other failed promises

Reactions: 8
It’s my birthday next Thursday! Naively thought this would all be over by my birthday. Hopefully I can order a takeaway if he doesn’t shut them!
Same here! 😂 my little one is one on Sunday then it’s mine and the other half’s on 15th and 17th.....how naive were we to think things would be done and dusted by now!! 😂😂 And my other daughter’s birthday is back end of Feb so that’s probably up tit creek too!! And we all took the piss at those summer birthdays....that backfired horrifically now as my only hope is a takeaway feast to drown my sorrows at getting old in the midst of this tit show! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Seems like Margaret Ferrier MP has been arrested if Twitter is anything to go by...

Reactions: 7
They're shocking ! we had 1,801 today and I saw earlier 6000 could be on the cards for ROI very soon ,now would be a good time if they were to do it both Islands closed and getting the vacc rolled out ?
I can see schools being shut until the 18th for sure, but his last interview he was reluctant to make any changes until they saw what impact the latest restrictions had 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I’ve just seen someone on Instagram with a few thousand followers claim that the new covid strain is a result of everyone who took the flu vaccine back in September (lots of people didn’t get it till November but ok). She is basically saying that people were injected with this new strain when they had the flu vaccine. Apparently we are all ‘silly cunts’ for not knowing this so called fact that she pulled out of her arse. These people spread more fear and misinformation than anyone. You have to laugh at the ridiculousness they spout sometimes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I can see schools being shut until the 18th for sure, but his last interview he was reluctant to make any changes until they saw what impact the latest restrictions had 🤷‍♀️
Full lockdown for us schools closed for a month , Dublin to contact Belfast after their meeting ..over 6000 cases for the ROI today ...madness.

Reactions: 1
Can’t believe I’ve been so stressed about going back to work today and spent my entire weekend planning for this half term for this to happen L O L love u bozza

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve just seen someone on Instagram with a few thousand followers claim that the new covid strain is a result of everyone who took the flu vaccine back in September (lots of people didn’t get it till November but ok). She is basically saying that people were injected with this new strain when they had the flu vaccine. Apparently we are all ‘silly cunts’ for not knowing this so called fact that she pulled out of her arse. These people spread more fear and misinformation than anyone. You have to laugh at the ridiculousness they spout sometimes.
Who was that?

Well if that were true then I must have an immune system of steel...which I certainly don’t as I am immunocompromised. 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve just seen someone on Instagram with a few thousand followers claim that the new covid strain is a result of everyone who took the flu vaccine back in September. She is basically saying that people were injected with this new strain when they had the flu vaccine. Apparently we are all ‘silly cunts’ for not knowing this so called fact that she pulled out of her arse. These people spread more fear and misinformation than anyone.
What a daft bleep. People like that need to give their heads a wobble.
Margaret ferrier has been arrested and charged for breaking COVID rules a few months ago
What took them so long?

Reactions: 5
This may sound incredibly drastic and I’m sure you’ve already looked into this anyway but could you move in together for a short while? You can often rent flats on a short term lease (3 months for instance). Moving house is still allowed and it would mean you’d be in the same household.
My boyfriend is self employed and claiming state support at the moment and my salary wouldn’t be enough for rent and bills. We are basically a prisoner of the system at the moment as we can’t afford to leave home and his Mum is inflexible (and clingy).

Moving in together wouldn’t be an option with his Mum the way she is at the moment. She is very up and down mentally at the moment and can’t see the effect she is having on us.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I have several friends and people I know who work in Childcare and schools and they literally all know the same time as us. It’s all kept really secure
This 👏🏼
We’ve spent all day changing rooms round, putting extra tight measures in place, trying to help reassure parents we’re open as normal tomorrow, , changing and adapting one way systems, playtimes etc., reassuring staff who need it (me, namely 🤣🤣) getting work prepped for this week... to at 3pm be told Boris is doing an announcement.
Heads and school staff literally find out what’s happening at the exact same time as everyone else. There is definitely no heads up!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Who was that?
Not sure if I can say? She has 10k followers so I think I can. it’s someone called mandajane420_ not sure if her profile is public though. I follow her because it’s like a car crash I can’t stop watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Well I guess I better get the table set back up with a padded mat so I can bang my head off it while home schooling 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My son’s school were planning on opening tomorrow, emailed out with a reminder of procedures and PE days etc (South Glos) but I’ve emailed to say my son won’t be going in. Obviously BoJo will now back me up! 😂

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.