Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's what our school did last time and even then they were only allowed to attend on days the parent(s) were working.
Local primary has shut for 2 weeks (announced yesterday) and they are only letting children take a keyworker spot if it's both parents or single parent. I've seen a few posts on facebook about it today.
I really feel for parents who are going to struggle for childcare.

Reactions: 9
I think the reason why I’m able to stay optimistic is because I have had it in my head since the summer that this would probably be at least 2 years.

I expected this winter to be awful (which it has and will continue to be). The vaccine has come sooner than I thought.

I dunno, I remember back in July/August seeing that graphic about how most pandemics last about 2 years and I have sort of just accepted that.

I actually think it’s more naive to think this will never end. Or just very self important to think this will be some huge world changing event in any really significant way. (Like we will never travel or have large events again, etc).

All the other struggles that have come before have made small changes, (wars, pandemics, etc) but most things have endured over hundreds if not thousands of years.
I was exacty with this way of thinking thinking...back in March I had 2024 in my head as when things would start picking up. And you're right the vaccines have come a lot quicker which is Fab. I was expecting this time of year to be awful so I suppose being pessimistic has its virtues.
I am just really pissed off with Boris and this government talking tit and making false promises. In the summer it was the whole 'we will be back to normal' at Christmas narrative which anyone with half a brain knew was untrue and now he's let thousands of children mix today potentially adding time to this impending potential lock down and endangering lives... I honestly don't know how he shows his face on TV

Reactions: 8
I really feel for parents who are going to struggle for childcare.
They may change things this time, I don't know. To be honest the head teachers probably don't know yet either.
How many heads will be on a zoom call with their senior management team tonight during the announcement? Then having to scramble together a letter, getting it sent and organise laptops and tablets for all those who need them.
At least ours got permission slips for loan of laptops signed in October, so one less thing to sort out.

Reactions: 12
I don’t know why these announcements put me on edge. I’ve been watching the clock since 3pm. Dreading it even though I know what to expect 😬

Reactions: 15
I don’t know why these announcements put me on edge. I’ve been watching the clock since 3pm. Dreading it even though I know what to expect 😬
It always does me as well, i cant wait to get home and see whats happning, even though i can pretty much guess.

Reactions: 4
They honestly make me so anxious! I have tons of work to be doing but cant do anything because I'm so jittery waiting :unsure:

Reactions: 7
I'm on stand by if schools are shut my stepdaughter has to come to me ive got the pleasure of having a week off so I will be looking after. She's at the barbie doll age 😞

My manager at work seems to think key worker children in schools have to have BOTH parents key workers. Is this true? I feel like she’s giving false info out.
I would say this is correct too. As it will be work from home unless you're a key worker? For example my husband works and I am a stay at home mum so if my husband was a key worker I would be able to stay home to care for the children if schools are shut. I think it makes sense for both parents having to be key workers as no one is at home to be able to look after the child(ren)
I don't know though I could be very wrong 🤣

Reactions: 1
Why does Boris have to leave it until so late all the time 🙄. Im so on edge this evening!!

Reactions: 13
I’ve been the same despite friends and family telling me I shouldn’t take it so seriously and that it’ll all end sooner than that!
I do think we will see a gradual loosening of restrictions this year though as the vaccine is rolled out. Just not a true ‘end’ for a while yet.

And how soon this ends overall I suppose depends on if vaccination does stop transmission. Otherwise we are waiting a bit longer!

Also another user mentioned about Boris saying we would be normal by Christmas (back in the summer), just throwing it out there but I had always assumed at the time he thought the vaccine was arriving sooner (initially the rumours were September) and if so there was a chance we could have got ahead of this winter wave with vaccination, allowing for a more normal Christmas.

obviously pure speculation on my part but it has always seemed weird to me he said that.

Reactions: 6
Feel like this is never ending made redundant when on maternity in oct had to cut maternity short as got a job now I’m going to have to say to my new job I can pretty much only work part time as will share child care with my husband but it will be impossible to get much done with one year old twins at least older kids they can he left for a bit!
Feel like mentally this will be a lot worse than the first lockdown 🤯🤯🤯

• Sad
Reactions: 5
For those nervous and edge... I've found an early gin has really helped. And a huge bar of Dairy Milk Daim (other respectable chocolate company's are available...)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My manager at work seems to think key worker children in schools have to have BOTH parents key workers. Is this true? I feel like she’s giving false info out.
Yea this is true in most cases (I’m a teacher) in lockdown 1 they were trying to keep as many children in school as possible but this time it’s the opposite so being strict with the rules. Although if the other parent still has to GO to work then I don’t see why your child wouldn’t be able to attend school

Reactions: 2
Wont know till 8. Id imagine wednesday
If they close schools from Wednesday/Thursday though,
For the schools that are still open do we send the kids in until wednesday/Thursday? Or if its announced schools will close should we just keep the kids off from tomorrow? So confused and don't know what to do and it will no doubt be made more confusing after boris has spoke as they have a habit of not being clear and confusing people

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.