Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Matt Handcocks statement this morning is even more funny now, I need to laugh all over again.

They get criticised for acting TOO quickly? On the day they sent schools back for a SINGLE day?? A day that could have been used by schools to prep for distance learning? They are bloody deluded!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I love your username, makes me chuckle everytime I see it. Is it from rate my plate?
Hahahaha no it’s the way me and my fella say sausage over text 😂

I honestly don’t know why we spell it like that because we speak normally when using any other word 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
TIL people still watch Eastenders 😂

Measures from midnight, vote on Wednesday will be retrospective.

The prime minister is expected to announce a set of new national restrictions for England at 20:00 GMT, similar to the national lockdown in March, that he is likely to urge the public to follow from midnight.

It’s expected that people will be told to work from home unless they are a key worker, or it is not possible for them to do so, for example if they work on a construction site.

Schools will close again for most pupils.
Im desperately hoping they keep construction open as we can't afford for my husband not to work

Reactions: 6
I genuinely thought EE ended in the late 90s? Today has been a learning day 😂
Weeknights wouldn't be the same without someone trying to kill Ian Beale (seriously, how hasn't anyone succeeded considering the death rate in Albert Square??)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They are also a business desperate to stay afloat 😐 with staff who are facing unemployment.

very easy to judge what we’re seeing without seeing the effect on the ground.

I’ve flipped my own thoughts on this in the last few months, I would do anything I could to keep afloat right now.
This. If they close the construction industry down my self employed partner will be out of work and this will absolutely cripple us. I’m terrified. It’s all well and good saying we need a national lockdown (I am in favour of this in the most part) but for some it will be horrifying

Im desperately hoping they keep construction open as we can't afford for my husband not to work
I feel exactly the same 💚

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Wonder if childcare bubbles will be allowed? Would be much less risk for my parents to have kids if preschool/schools closed and means I can actually get some work done at home. And less risk to my parents who are both under 60 and we aren’t going out anywhere anyway - school/preschool was the biggest risk. They’re allowed in tier 4 aren’t they? I pray that they can continue!
As long as they’re used for childcare and not abused by people as an excuse to see their parents socially as much as they like, I know a few people doing this!!

Reactions: 4
The suggestion is they will. I don't think they want things like that again. Construction industry is tied to my job so I totally agree.

Also I have no house, which I may have complained about once or twice already 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My children (5 and 3) went back to nursery/reception today and just had an email through from their school now saying they might be closing in the foreseeable future and they are trying to find out who is classed as a critical/key workers children are. They kept repeating they are as much in the dark as we are until boris makes the announcement but they must have a feeling of what's to come or been told something to be able to send the email.
I'm just absolutely furious that they were allowed back, I honestly had a feeling this would happen. I have never felt un easy about sending my children back to school since they reopened in June but sending them in today I didn't want to let them go I just wanted them to be home with me, looking back it feels now I had a feeling it would happen and knowing I would have to upset them further by telling them you were allowed to go in and now you aren't again.
I used to feel for boris thinking he's doing his best but I'm now realising very quickly how badly he has handled this whole pandemic expecially now at its worst. When the kids schools closed 2 weeks ago for Christmas holidays why not do a lockdown then? Why does it always have to be later rather than sooner for them? I just had a feeling it would happen and I need to rant about it now I'm furious with him if schools do close today. Obviously my children's health are my absolute main priority but also their mental health is too and my 5 year old little girl expecially is going to be so upset if I have to tell her this now. Going to put them both to bed though at usual time and not say anything to the kids until we know for sure. I just feel like a bad mum for even sending them in to school today only to be let down again.

I feel like bursting into tears myself I can't believe this is all happening again, I asked myself before if this was ever going to end and will life ever be normal again

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The construction industry is so tied to the economy & for the most part (in big sites at least) is operating in a fairly covid secure way. Similarly the film / TV industry. I don’t think they’ll shut it down again when there is so much money involved and so much has been spent making them safe. I appreciate the same goes for pubs and restaurants but I really can’t imagine industry closing down. We can’t afford it and closing schools and further restricting social mixing and travel *should* do enough to enable the NHS to cope for the next weeks / months until the vaccine roll out is underway & the usual flu season declines. I do think we’ll see a reemergence of the original “Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives” motto tonight though.

I’m a housing officer and we can visit and work in other properties if we follow the guidelines ie. PPE/ social distancing etc. The first lockdown everything stopped and contractors had to complete outside work only but ever since the summer it’s been pretty much normal, our managers told us there’s no change in tier 4 which we are in, it seems odd we can visit 10-20 households a week for anything. I’m wondering if things like this will change 🤔

Reactions: 4
Betty Boothroyd is on Sky News at the moment and she is beyond brilliant!

Betty Boothroyd is on Sky News at the moment and she is beyond brilliant!
we’ve just been watching her, she’s fantastic, my husbands in love with her! He said she was everything he hoped a woman called Baroness Betty Boothroyd would be and more! 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Complete lockdown is imminent for NI...schools to close for 4 weeks ...ban on international travel ...The 4 nations will take the same approach and ROI is to contact Belfast later tonight 🤷‍♀️....6,110 cases for the ROI today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.