Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if I can say? She has 10k followers so I think I can. it’s someone called mandajane420_ not sure if her profile is public though.
Thank you- I thought it might have been someone else, who moves within that movement on Instagram.

Reactions: 1
I think the reason why I’m able to stay optimistic is because I have had it in my head since the summer that this would probably be at least 2 years.

I expected this winter to be awful (which it has and will continue to be). The vaccine has come sooner than I thought.

I dunno, I remember back in July/August seeing that graphic about how most pandemics last about 2 years and I have sort of just accepted that.

I actually think it’s more naive to think this will never end. Or just very self important to think this will be some huge world changing event in any really significant way. (Like we will never travel or have large events again, etc).

All the other struggles that have come before have made small changes, (wars, pandemics, etc) but most things have endured over hundreds if not thousands of years.

Reactions: 24
I think the reason why I’m able to stay optimistic is because I have had it in my head since the summer that this would probably be at least 2 years.

I expected this winter to be awful (which it has and will continue to be). The vaccine has come sooner than I thought.

I dunno, I remember back in July/August seeing that graphic about how most pandemics last about 2 years and I have sort of just accepted that.

I actually think it’s more naive to think this will never end. Or just very self important to think this will be some huge world changing event in any really significant way. (Like we will never travel or have large events again, etc).

All the other struggles that have come before have made small changes, (wars, pandemics, etc) but most things have endured over hundreds if not thousands of years.
Ive always had 2 years in my head too

Reactions: 10

See that’s the view I’ve held throughout. I know it will end deep down. I just feel very deflated and it’s hard to shake that off just now when it feels like an endless cycle.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone know what classifies as severe mental illness in terms of vaccine prioritisation? Does it mean the typical severe mental illnesses, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, or severe forms of mental illness (e.g. someone in hospital with depression, eating disorders, etc).
I would imagine that those who are hospitalised in a mental health facility would be prioritised over those who are living in the community. Those with a form of dementia probably would be prioritised over those with bipolar for instance.

Reactions: 4
Would you say that a business selling home improvements should still be allowed to enter people's homes to measure up for a quotation? Lots of home improvement companies out there still booking in quotes.

My manager at work seems to think key worker children in schools have to have BOTH parents key workers. Is this true? I feel like she’s giving false info out.

Reactions: 3

I’ve been the same despite friends and family telling me I shouldn’t take it so seriously and that it’ll all end sooner than that!

Reactions: 5
My manager at work seems to think key worker children in schools have to have BOTH parents key workers. Is this true? I feel like she’s giving false info out.
I believe previously it was - not sure if it’ll change this time

Depends on the LEA and numbers I think, last year my daughter was only allowed in with proof of both of us being key workers.

That’s the case in my children’s school/nursery and as I’m the only key worker, they have to stay home.

Reactions: 2
Would you say that a business selling home improvements should still be allowed to enter people's homes to measure up for a quotation? Lots of home improvement companies out there still booking in quotes.
Yes. Once they’re following up to date health and safety recommendations they should be allowed to continue to work

That's what our school did last time and even then they were only allowed to attend on days the parent(s) were working.
Local primary has shut for 2 weeks (announced yesterday) and they are only letting children take a keyworker spot if it's both parents or single parent. I've seen a few posts on facebook about it today.

Reactions: 2
I think last time schools could choose. Ours only needed one but others needed two

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.