Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know nobody knows the answers but I'm just putting down my worries to release them from my brain.

Will a full lockdown change rules for funerals? Father in law died NYE. I'm already screwed for childcare as the schools are closed (I know schools aren't childcare don't come for me) so going to struggle to go anyway.
Unless i break rules and ask my family to act as childcare for what 2hrs?

Urgh. My stress levels are NOT ok
Would totally break the rules if this was me x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Could he move in with you for a little while? Perhaps if he got a negative test first? Appreciate it might not be feasible but it sounds like you could use the extra support. Perhaps you could try to plan something to look forward to for next year, a big holiday say, do all the research, look at hotels etc, make a cost spreadsheet so you have a saving goal. Even if it doesn’t happen exactly the way you want, it’ll give you something to keep you occupied and focus on together when you’re apart. I’ve done long distance before (though under different circumstances obviously) and know it’s tough but it’s so worth it, you’ll be telling your grandkids one day how you got through it! Maybe go old fashioned and start writing proper love letters?! 💌
He is being so careful for me because I’m high risk, he barely goes out anywhere or sees anyone. A lot of his friends have fallen off the map too. I don’t think moving in together would be an option at my house because my Dad likes to have “his own space”. My Dad is happy for him to come and go (as his girlfriend has been coming and going throughout and yes I know that’s a breach) but his Mother won’t allow it as she is absolutely petrified of Covid and the associated fines. My boyfriend is 24 and I am 26. I hate that his Mum is being overbearing like this. It blows my mind that she thinks she can tell him where he can and can’t go. 🙈 My Dad would never do that to me. I understand “house rules” and respecting the rules of her house etc but surely she can’t tell him where he can and can’t go? I don’t know. I doubt she would be willing to let me move in either due to her paranoia.

I am working from home at the moment and although that’s a safety bonus, it means that there is now no daylight to be able to go for a walk in the evening etc. I know this is a problem for so many of us but it’s very depressing.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My friend just received an email from her kids school to say they're open tomorrow and children are expected in(primary). Maybe not a lockdown after all 🤷‍♀️
I’ve had the same from my sons junior school but think they’ve sent it knowing Boris could change that later.

Nursery/Infants attached to the same school are only open for keyworker children tho.

How long into his speech before he tells us about the U.K. being world beaters with regard to the vaccine?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hope am announcement about the schools is made quickly as I have to iron uniform. I'm not doing it unless I absolutely have to. I'll be angry if I do it and then they close the schools. I hate ironing.
I have been thinking exactly the same about doing the lunchboxes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hope am announcement about the schools is made quickly as I have to iron uniform. I'm not doing it unless I absolutely have to. I'll be angry if I do it and then they close the schools. I hate ironing.
I did mine as soon as they broke up or I get that ‘night before’ dread of having to do it 🤣 plus it just sits there in the pile for weeks 😬

Reactions: 3
He is being so careful for me because I’m high risk, he barely goes out anywhere or sees anyone. A lot of his friends have fallen off the map too. I don’t think moving in together would be an option at my house because my Dad likes to have “his own space”. My Dad is happy for him to come and go (as his girlfriend has been coming and going throughout and yes I know that’s a breach) but his Mother won’t allow it as she is absolutely petrified of Covid and the associated fines. My boyfriend is 24 and I am 26. I hate that his Mum is being overbearing like this. It blows my mind that she thinks she can tell him where he can and can’t go. 🙈 My Dad would never do that to me. I understand “house rules” and respecting the rules of her house etc but surely she can’t tell him where he can and can’t go? I don’t know. I doubt she would be willing to let me move in either due to her paranoia.

I am working from home at the moment and although that’s a safety bonus, it means that there is now no daylight to be able to go for a walk in the evening etc. I know this is a problem for so many of us but it’s very depressing.
This may sound incredibly drastic and I’m sure you’ve already looked into this anyway but could you move in together for a short while? You can often rent flats on a short term lease (3 months for instance). Moving house is still allowed and it would mean you’d be in the same household.

Reactions: 4
My mum thinks Boris doesn't want to close primary schools because he has so many children 😳🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
we WILL send this virus packing

Varadkar is reluctant to make any changes yet, but duck knows, the cases are much higher than predictions.
They're shocking ! we had 1,801 today and I saw earlier 6000 could be on the cards for ROI very soon ,now would be a good time if they were to do it both Islands closed and getting the vacc rolled out ?

Reactions: 2
Just had a email from school. they are expecting kids back tomorrow unless Boris states otherwise tonight.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
It’s my 30th on Sunday. I was supposed to be going on a girls trip to New York. Obvious we scrapped that months ago.

please please please just let me have a takeaway food is my one joy in life 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My friend just received an email from her kids school to say they're open tomorrow and children are expected in(primary). Maybe not a lockdown after all 🤷‍♀️
The thing is though the schools are no wiser than us , they don’t find out first , we will all find out from Boris tonight

Reactions: 12
Just had a email from school. they are expecting kids back tomorrow unless Boris states otherwise tonight.
Funny how they waited till the last minute...surely they will have been tipped off about closure. I cannot see that they will be open..can you?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.