Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just had an email too about tomorrow. So confusing I'm starting to think they may be back

Reactions: 1
Funny how they waited till the last minute...surely they will have been tipped off about closure. I cannot see that they will be open..can you?
they also attached the key worker form to the email so I suspect they are doubting it but are prepared for either outcome. We’ll see in a few hours I guess.

Reactions: 4
Better still, why don’t we stop talking about Nicola and Boris and the rest of the politicians? Bit hard to do that given they are in the middle of it all. 🙄
She needs to remember to wear a mask 😐
At least she apologised for what was probably a momentarily lapse. She’s wore a face covering the majority of the time. Did Boris apologise for bragging about shaking hands with Covid patients?

Nobody is perfect.

Reactions: 12
He is being so careful for me because I’m high risk, he barely goes out anywhere or sees anyone. A lot of his friends have fallen off the map too. I don’t think moving in together would be an option at my house because my Dad likes to have “his own space”. My Dad is happy for him to come and go (as his girlfriend has been coming and going throughout and yes I know that’s a breach) but his Mother won’t allow it as she is absolutely petrified of Covid and the associated fines. My boyfriend is 24 and I am 26. I hate that his Mum is being overbearing like this. It blows my mind that she thinks she can tell him where he can and can’t go. 🙈 My Dad would never do that to me. I understand “house rules” and respecting the rules of her house etc but surely she can’t tell him where he can and can’t go? I don’t know. I doubt she would be willing to let me move in either due to her paranoia.

I am working from home at the moment and although that’s a safety bonus, it means that there is now no daylight to be able to go for a walk in the evening etc. I know this is a problem for so many of us but it’s very depressing.
Ah that’s tough. Perhaps your Dad would be OK for a couple of weeks if you agreed to some house rules or if his Mum knew it was temporary and that he tested before moving between households? It’s really difficult but I think it’s worth having those tough conversations to see what might be possible if you’re able to share how you’re struggling.
I’m the same with wfh and struggle with the lack of daylight - would your boss let you take a lunch break or maybe shift up ur hours slightly so you could get out first thing. Remember you’re still entitled to breaks even though at home. The evenings are getting lighter every day now so hopefully this will also help and before you know it spring will be here.Even if it’s dark, wrap up warm and get some fresh air outside if it’s safe to do so, it’s not as good as sunshine or light but fresh air and exercise is still really good for your mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My mum who is a nurse has just been told she is getting her vaccine tomorrow 🎉

Give her a chip in each arm 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
the real priorities :LOL: thanks for a laugh on a crappy day!

accompanied byt that weird hand gesture he does
And the side eye glance he does. I can't unsee it when he does briefings. It's almost like there's someone(used to be dom Cummings possibly) standing out of shot, giving him the thumbs up everytime he says something correct! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Bbc news channel says whatever it is it’ll come into effect midnight tonight 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Absolutely livid that Boris’ briefing tonight is on at the same time as Eastenders.
TIL people still watch Eastenders 😂

Measures from midnight, vote on Wednesday will be retrospective.

The prime minister is expected to announce a set of new national restrictions for England at 20:00 GMT, similar to the national lockdown in March, that he is likely to urge the public to follow from midnight.

It’s expected that people will be told to work from home unless they are a key worker, or it is not possible for them to do so, for example if they work on a construction site.

Schools will close again for most pupils.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

The prime minister is expected to announce a set of new national restrictions for England at 20:00 GMT, similar to the national lockdown in March, that he is likely to urge the public to follow from midnight.

It’s expected that people will be told to work from home unless they are a key worker, or it is not possible for them to do so, for example if they work on a construction site.

Honestly I felt a bit lost when EE stopped for a few months last year. Can be dire at times but I love it😂

Edit; I just realised they might have to stop filming again 😱😱😱

• Sad
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3

Wonder what will happen with private nurseries? Surely childcare can't just be open one day and closed the next with no notice...

(I don't rely on one, but work in one and am due back in tomorrow... 🙄)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.