Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend just received an email from her kids school to say they're open tomorrow and children are expected in(primary). Maybe not a lockdown after all 🤷‍♀️

Pharmaceutical business makes money. Amazing detective work.

Next you'll be telling me big evil CEOs make money selling food or water!
Indeed. Although, selling shares on the very day that the vaccine announcement was made, is not a good look, no problem if you don’t agree...

Reactions: 1
There is also a lady around a similar age in the US that seems to have passed away although the MSM are of course keeping it hush hush.
Okay so that is 2 people, as of yet unconfirmed. The total number vaccinated with the Phizer vaccine is actually around 7 million.

I'm not really sure of your point?

Yes it is awful for those two families but again, it does not point to any significant risk posed by the vaccine.
2 in 7 Million, is that even a link??

Reactions: 8
I hope am announcement about the schools is made quickly as I have to iron uniform. I'm not doing it unless I absolutely have to. I'll be angry if I do it and then they close the schools. I hate ironing.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Indeed. Although, selling shares on the very day that the vaccine announcement was made, is not a good look, no problem if you don’t agree...
Is it not? Can I ask why you think that?
The day your shares are worth the most money - after announcing a break through vaccine, and the first one. How is that a bad look?

Seems pretty logical that anyone owning shares in a business does so to make money, selling them on the day they sky rocket in value seems like a pretty common place thing to do.

I genuinely don't understand where you are coming from, it seems like a desperate attempt to twist everything into this weird, evil 'greater plan'.

He didn't stop being CEO, he didn't distance himself from the company, he made money off some pretty major, once in a career, work he did. I don't get what is so shady.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think he over promised Christmas and took it away so people now have no faith that when he says we’ll lockdown to be able to enjoy spring, that it’ll actually happen.... everyone is deflated, fed up and has nothing to look forward to in any tangible way at the moment.
Basically this.

I am really struggling mentally living under Tier 4 as I can’t see my boyfriend apart from outside (which doesn’t really make me feel secure, loved or happy as how much can you really cuddle while covered in layers). We both live with our parents so a support bubble isn’t an option. I hate how clingy I’m sounding when I’m constantly moaning to him about it, but he has been a major part of my support network and not being able to have closeness in the normal couple type way is starting to make me spin out. My Dad is happy for him to come over every now and then (even though a breach) but his Mother won’t allow it and is very controlling of him. It’s becoming a huge strain on our relationship. I cry about it most days and I end up not being able to enjoy the time we do have together because I’m already worrying about having to go home and back to my loneliness.

My friends in the past month have also fallen off the map. They know I’ve been mentally struggling and haven’t been interested in meeting me outside or asking me how I am. I’ve been really down about this and it’s showed me that they aren’t real friends.

If they decide to tell us we can’t meet up with people from other households outside, that might just be it for me. They will be taking me away in a straight jacket.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
BORIS BINGO ROUND 48!

alas.
eh. eh.
This is going to be a fantastic year for the united kingdom
oxford
now is the time to take action
you MUST stay at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
BORIS BINGO ROUND 48!

alas.
eh. eh.
This is going to be a fantastic year for the united kingdom
oxford
now is the time to take action
you MUST stay at home.
You need to add:
No prime minister wants to do this/ask this.

Good time Boris strikes again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I hope am announcement about the schools is made quickly as I have to iron uniform. I'm not doing it unless I absolutely have to. I'll be angry if I do it and then they close the schools. I hate ironing.
the real priorities :LOL: thanks for a laugh on a crappy day!

You need to add:
No prime minister wants to do this/ask this.

Good time Boris strikes again 😂
accompanied byt that weird hand gesture he does

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Basically this.

I am really struggling mentally living under Tier 4 as I can’t see my boyfriend apart from outside (which doesn’t really make me feel secure, loved or happy as how much can you really cuddle while covered in layers). We both live with our parents so a support bubble isn’t an option. I hate how clingy I’m sounding when I’m constantly moaning to him about it, but he has been a major part of my support network and not being able to have closeness in the normal couple type way is starting to make me spin out. My Dad is happy for him to come over every now and then (even though a breach) but his Mother won’t allow it and is very controlling of him. It’s becoming a huge strain on our relationship. I cry about it most days and I end up not being able to enjoy the time we do have together because I’m already worrying about having to go home and back to my loneliness.

My friends in the past month have also fallen off the map. They know I’ve been mentally struggling and haven’t been interested in meeting me outside or asking me how I am. I’ve been really down about this and it’s showed me that they aren’t real friends.

If they decide to tell us we can’t meet up with people from other households outside, that might just be it for me. They will be taking me away in a straight jacket.
Could he move in with you for a little while? Perhaps if he got a negative test first? Appreciate it might not be feasible but it sounds like you could use the extra support. Perhaps you could try to plan something to look forward to for next year, a big holiday say, do all the research, look at hotels etc, make a cost spreadsheet so you have a saving goal. Even if it doesn’t happen exactly the way you want, it’ll give you something to keep you occupied and focus on together when you’re apart. I’ve done long distance before (though under different circumstances obviously) and know it’s tough but it’s so worth it, you’ll be telling your grandkids one day how you got through it! Maybe go old fashioned and start writing proper love letters?! 💌

Reactions: 4
Is he gonna close schools? :( its ridiculous leaving it this late to announce

Reactions: 6
You have had all of Christmas to iron the uniform. Instead you have spent your time watching Dirty Dancing and poking around chat forums. Shoddy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t own an iron. Life’s too short 😂 I give it a good shake before I dry it. My mother despairs of me.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The whole thing makes me so angry. Johnson blathers on about schools being safe but kids mixing isn't. Well WHAT else happens at schools?

I don't have children, I'm in T4 anyway (London) so the latest announcement is unlikely to impact me, but it's the will we, won't we, no we absolutely won't...then the screeching U-turns...the man should be fired.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.