Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The other hospital does have a birth centre too thank god, but as I’ve only used birth centres before, it’ll stress me out when I go into labour it the birth centre is too busy and I have to go to the ward 😬
I get that. I hope all goes smoothly

Reactions: 2
A friend of mine was exposed. She was tested and it was negative but felt poorly so continued to isolate mainly as she was so ill. She tested again and was positive. That was 2 weeks ago and both her husband and daughter has tested positive in the last few days.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam suggesting they were jealous of the UK's speed of action

Williamson also waded into the row, claiming that the UK was simply 'a much better country' than its rivals

That’s embarrassing

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wales have lifted the travel ban as of Friday. My son now wants to see his girlfriend and they’ll meet in Chester this weekend. She’s from Liverpool. The worries of him kissing her, walking around a city and contracting covid begin all over again😀. Damn you Mark Drakeford, he was accepting he couldn’t travel and I hoped it would minimise our risk a little longer 😂

Seriously one good thing is we can now visit my 92 year old Gran who is alone in Chester. We will socially distance outside, we aren’t going in. We also aren’t going indoors to our parents this year, it’s not worth the risk.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Reactions: 3
Has anyone in the UK received a letter by Department of Health and Social Care (signed by Matt Hancock) outlining how to spend Christmas and the guidance around shielding members of the community, the support available for them, Vitamin D tablets etc?

I'm a bit confused as to why I received it? I'm not clinically extremely vulnerable nor is anyone in my family, to my knowledge anyway. Am I on some kind of mailing list or is this just another generic letter for the public? It had my full name on it and was addressed personally to me?

The other hospital does have a birth centre too thank god, but as I’ve only used birth centres before, it’ll stress me out when I go into labour it the birth centre is too busy and I have to go to the ward 😬
Are you going to Pinders, I like that airport type system they use, and everything's New and fab. Dewsbury might be looking tired, but the staff are wonderful. When's baby due?

Has anyone in the UK received a letter by Department of Health and Social Care (signed by Matt Hancock) outlining how to spend Christmas and the guidance around shielding members of the community, the support available for them, Vitamin D tablets etc?

I'm a bit confused as to why I received it? I'm not clinically extremely vulnerable nor is anyone in my family, to my knowledge anyway. Am I on some kind of mailing list or is this just another generic letter for the public? It had my full name on it and was addressed personally to me?
I've not received anything (yet).

Completely agree, however I have a very good friend currently working on a Covid ICU ward who caught covid (thankfully fine, flu like systems for a few days). Her occupational health phoned her and said she could end up having disciplinary as it was “impossible” to catch covid with the PPE provided and she must be “breaking the rules”. She’s not she lives on her own and hasn’t seen family since she was sent back to the ward so she didn’t spread it to family.

So demotivating for someone newly qualified and committed to their job with the NHS.
I’d be going to my manager if someone said that to me and if true would be walking out of there.

Reactions: 5

I haven’t received anything like that but I did receive my vitamin D supply yesterday. The shielding letters have a CHI number at the top which would indicate it’s a letter to you as a patient...that’s Scottish though and I’m unsure what the equivalent is in the rest of the UK.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t received anything like that but I did receive my vitamin D supply yesterday. The shielding letters have a CHI number at the top which would indicate it’s a letter to you as a patient...that’s Scottish though and I’m unsure what the equivalent is in the rest of the UK.
Yeah, it had my NHS number on it which was why I got worried as I dont even know my NHS number so know I wouldn't have inputted it anywhere.

I’ve not received anything either but would be interested to hear if anyone else has?

Reactions: 1
Not wanting to sound flippant but thank goodness we can go out of Wales now - I want to go to Liverpool to visit my favourite shop on Bold Street to buy my supplies and will park in a nearby carpark and only visit the shop. Here in Wales I can't buy dried kidney beans and peas etc, yes all the supermarkets say online they sell them and I go there and not there and it is so frustrating. Spices come in expensive bottles not bags and they only have a few of them. I ask for tamarind and I get - what ? drives me nuts. Anyway rant over.
We can't go to see family as they are in Tier 3 and have not seen them for months so this is just my little bit of good news today.

Reactions: 4
Went to primark today as needed some bits. Was expecting it to be rammed but I walked straight in. Out town was like a ghost town. Really weird for a few weeks before Christmas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.