Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think its absolutely ridiculous London hasn't been put in to tier 3. Instead they are going to delay the inevitable even further because they want everyone flocking to the high street to buy their Christmas gifts and then over Jan, everyone will be pissed off when Boris has to impose another "lockdown". The whole concept of Lockdown is becoming a farce now.

Mass testing in schools will also cause a lot of families to isolate over Christmas so there will be some uproar about that soon I assume. A lot of children, especially teens are asymptomatic.

Reactions: 11
Children in clinical trials makes me feel really uncomfortable. What kind of parent puts their child forward for unknown risks?
Those that trust the science I guess.apparently kids will only act as reservoirs for the virus.

I think its absolutely ridiculous London hasn't been put in to tier 3. Instead they are going to delay the inevitable even further because they want everyone flocking to the high street to buy their Christmas gifts and then over Jan, everyone will be pissed off when Boris has to impose another "lockdown". The whole concept of Lockdown is becoming a farce now.

Mass testing in schools will also cause a lot of families to isolate over Christmas so there will be some uproar about that soon I assume. A lot of children, especially teens are asymptomatic.
When are they planning to start testing ? I missed most of the briefing.

Theyre gonna rise regardless over Christmas anyway
But surely tighter restrictions for London Kent and Essex now would be the best move? Possibly stop some transmissions... possibly prevent some deaths. The longer they wait the worse it’ll be.

Reactions: 1
But surely tighter restrictions for London Kent and Essex now would be the best move? Possibly stop some transmissions... possibly prevent some deaths. The longer they wait the worse it’ll be.
I thought kent was in the highest tier? He wont put london in tier 3 as itll close down theatres again and as we know he puts the economy before lives 🤷🏻‍♀️

Why do all the experts keep saying that this reaction to the jab is extremely rare?
That's all I've heard this morning from everyone.
If its that rare then why did two cases happen on the same day?
Because out of 9,000 done only 2 had reactions and they already carried epipens. I absolutely won't be having it but not because I'm concerned about an allergic reaction

When are they planning to start testing ? I missed most of the briefing.
I missed it too but going by twitter, they're looking to start testing in London schools as early as tomorrow or Monday!

I thought kent was in the highest tier? He wont put london in tier 3 as itll close down theatres again and as we know he puts the economy before lives 🤷🏻‍♀️
Idk I’m in the midlands and have family up north but know nobody in the south... so no idea what is what tier down south 😂 just know London needs to be moved ASAP. But yes I agree, he’ll be very very reluctant to do it. If it was a northern city in London’s position right now they’d be moved with no hesitation

Reactions: 3
I missed it too but going by twitter, they're looking to start testing in London schools as early as tomorrow or Monday!
God ,is it compulsory. I don't think many parents or staff will be happy with that they should have closed the schools for the month of December .

Reactions: 3
Also Wankcock said its rising in 11-18 year olds so all in worst affected areas will be tested but only mentioned secondary schools. Last I checked kids can be 11 and still be in Y6 i.e primary school? Will they be mass testing primary aged 11 year olds or does the virus only spread when it knows the child is 11 years old and in secondary school? I just feel like the government are winging it at this point and I've lost all faith of this ever being fully over.

Reactions: 4
Also Wankcock said its rising in 11-18 year olds so all in worst affected areas will be tested but only mentioned secondary schools. Last I checked kids can be 11 and still be in Y6 i.e primary school? Will they be mass testing primary aged 11 year olds or does the virus only spread when it knows the child is 11 years old and in secondary school? I just feel like the government are winging it at this point and I've lost all faith of this ever being fully over.
The stats point to secondary rather then primary overall so I guess why they concentrate on those.

Reactions: 2
That's why they're pushing the vaccs for kids they're causing the most disruption .

I hope they work really quickly for you. I used ground ginger to make ginger tea as I didn’t have any fresh. I also had some non alcoholic ginger beer. All I could eat for a few days was toast and some sliced boiled eggs.
@Platypusfattypus too, and everyone else ....
Feel so different, hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
To be fair on the London thing, it is the same reason some areas where in tier 2 or 3 before lockdown despite having such a range of numbers. While London has the highest infection rate it also has the lowest hospital admission rate. It is the only area under 10 (per 100,00) whereas the North East is over 21.

It isn't as black and white, although potentially it might go to tier 3 by the 16th.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.