Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought kent was in the highest tier? He wont put london in tier 3 as itll close down theatres again and as we know he puts the economy before lives 🤷🏻‍♀️
It is. I’m shocked at the SE numbers, we have always been quite low. But then I don’t know many people who are sticking to the no mixing in households here.

There is going to be an awful lot of disappointed families at christmas if they mass test all secondary pupils in some schools from next week. That will mean they'll still be isolating over christmas. I can't help but think it's a calculated move on their part to stop so many people mixing.

I don't think the rise is cases from christmas will be as bad as we all think. A rise for sure but not really terrible.
Everyone I've spoken too, from hairdresser, to butcher, to family and friends aren't bubbling at all over christmas. Actually only one person I know is doing it and only so there are a total of 4 people in their bubble, so hardly massive numbers.

Reactions: 5
I thought kent was in the highest tier? He wont put london in tier 3 as itll close down theatres again and as we know he puts the economy before lives 🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t think Boris gives a tit about the arts, look how they have been treated this year.

He does care about the economy though...just not the economy up north 🙄

There is going to be an awful lot of disappointed families at christmas if they mass test all secondary pupils in some schools from next week. That will mean they'll still be isolating over christmas. I can't help but think it's a calculated move on their part to stop so many people mixing.

I don't think the rise is cases from christmas will be as bad as we all think. A rise for sure but not really terrible.
Everyone I've spoken too, from hairdresser, to butcher, to family and friends aren't bubbling at all over christmas. Actually only one person I know is doing it and only so there are a total of 4 people in their bubble, so hardly massive numbers.
I don't get that though. I'd much rather know my children were not inge tious before mixing then not. I don't know whether my eldest had covid but she shares a room with her sister who was positive (very mild symptoms). Its scary to think she could have potentially been infectious around her nan and grandad. It baffles me people wouldn't want to make sure they won't kill off nanny

Reactions: 3
I don’t see how they can encourage bubbling up when the numbers are rising. Surely it would make sense for them to disallow it?

Reactions: 2
I don't get that though. I'd much rather know my children were not inge tious before mixing then not. I don't know whether my eldest had covid but she shares a room with her sister who was positive (very mild symptoms). Its scary to think she could have potentially been infectious around her nan and grandad. It baffles me people wouldn't want to make sure they won't kill off nanny
Yes I'm the same, would rather know to protect others but there will be an awful lot of people who would rather not know.
If they pick up asymptomatic cases in schools, which they will, it means the entire household has to isolate, which obviously has knock on effects throughout.

The woman in our school who came to work and sent her kids in which then all tested positive they isolated for 2.5 weeks in the end, the day after the kids went back the eldest came out with symptoms and tested positive, so they're back in isolation for a further 2 weeks. Makes me wonder how accurate the 2 week window is, it's got to be pretty unlucky for him to catch it in 24 hours he's at school, to then show symptoms, so it must have been in his system when he returned.

Reactions: 4
Only south east London schools matter

Schools are safe yet highest cause transmission and 10-19 age group hardly likely go pubs

How can you mass test school tier 2 London and not tier 3 Hull Manchester Birmingham Bristol?
That's exactly what I was thinking as Matchcocky was telling us. Seems rather selective.

Reactions: 1
I feel like I'm holding my breath a bit at the moment, desperately hoping no one in my house has any sort of symptoms at any time in the next couple of weeks.

My eldest son's father's funeral is likely to be this month or early Jan (it hasn't been arranged yet). I don't know how he'll cope if we suddenly have to isolate and he can't go.

I'm glad I'm not in an area that's starting mass testing now and that there's only a week left of school. We don't have any plans to go anywhere or see anyone at Christmas so I can control the risk around that time.

• Sad
To be fair on the London thing, it is the same reason some areas where in tier 2 or 3 before lockdown despite having such a range of numbers. While London has the highest infection rate it also has the lowest hospital admission rate. It is the only area under 10 (per 100,00) whereas the North East is over 21.

It isn't as black and white, although potentially it might go to tier 3 by the 16th.
I think people overlook this, hospital capacity is one of the indicators for a tier change. Whilst Londons cases are sky rocketing, there are also multiple hospitals in London and the Boroughs so they have capacity to cope and they aren't seeing high demand for them anyway - whereas Northern areas have fewer hospitals so cannot cope with as much demand.

I think people overlook this, hospital capacity is one of the indicators for a tier change. Whilst Londons cases are sky rocketing, there are also multiple hospitals in London and the Boroughs so they have capacity to cope and they aren't seeing high demand for them anyway - whereas Northern areas have fewer hospitals so cannot cope with as much demand.
Yes, I'm in a London Borough and there are four large hospitals within 15mins of us. My parents in the Midlands (appreciate not the North but my only comparison!) have one large hospital near them that's 40mins away.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if we go into tier 3. Schools in our Borough are riddled with covid, it's insane. I would have been gutted (for selfish reasons of having things planned) but now they've all been cancelled because of my toddler isolating, I'm secretly glad that we potentially aren't missing out as such!

Last edited:
OMG ! there's uproar here .Stormont have changed the wording on the rules for wet pubs .Bars that served food were allowed to open tomorrow but now they've made it so the kitchen has to be static in the actual bar so most of the bars can't open even though it wasn't a problem previously, people have spent a fortune on getting things ready for tomorrow only to have the police pay them a visit tonight with the revised rules.

• Wow
  • Sad

I think the way some people are talking, they will be disappointed if the infection rate doesn't go up after Christmas. Remember how people were saying it would at ve day and beach day? It's almost like they thrive on the idea of bad news.

Reactions: 9
OMG ! there's uproar here .Stormont have changed the wording on the rules for wet pubs .Bars that served food were allowed to open tomorrow but now they've made it so the kitchen has to be static in the actual bar so most of the bars can't open even though it wasn't a problem previously, people have spent a fortune on getting things ready for tomorrow only to have the police pay them a visit tonight with the revised rules.
I really feel for the pub people. It’s awful that the rules have suddenly changed. Seems no rhyme or reason to it.

Reactions: 3
I think all 4 nations but especially ni Wales and England come unstuck not sure how bad Scottish rates are right now is they agreed on Xmas rules far too soon and failing to realise by now things can change very fast and rode in the good times and lower rates we had smug drakeford announce a 2 week firebreak would solve Wales problem it hasent.
Ni was least 4 weeks and they shut schools for 2 but that's failed to work.

Simple truth is around the UK heath ie a postcode lottery.
Our so called super hospital approved when labour was in power resulted in less beds and the community hospital never materialised.
Our nhs always struggles cope dec to feb so yes if nhs is main criteria then we be in tier 3 until Easter can't see any other way.

Just secondary's then ! there's bound to be a lot isolating over Christmas if it's compulsory.
It's not compulsory.They are hoping families will get tested 2 weeks before Christmas. Can't see that happening, if I was in London my kids won't be tested

It's not compulsory.They are hoping families will get tested 2 weeks before Christmas. Can't see that happening, if I was in London my kids won't be tested
I don’t think many will go for it this close to Christmas, but you never know. Maybe those that aren’t having anyone around will be willing.

Barbara Windsors died how sad :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.