Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, urgent callout please. All of us have tested positive for Covid, but I seem to be the only one who has currently having excruciating stomach cramps. Have tried paracetamol and ibuprofen, but nothing touches the pain. Does anyone have any suggestions please as to what to try next? Thanks.
Don't take ibuprofen if you've got stomach cramps.

Reactions: 4
Hi, urgent callout please. All of us have tested positive for Covid, but I seem to be the only one who has currently having excruciating stomach cramps. Have tried paracetamol and ibuprofen, but nothing touches the pain. Does anyone have any suggestions please as to what to try next? Thanks.
If they are really painful I would call 111 for advice x

Reactions: 1
Ok, thanks, didn't know that.....

I think I'm going to have to, hasn't stopped for 24 hours
Yes ibuprofen is really bad for causing stomach ulcers, etc. I imagine if you've had stomach pain you haven't been eating, so unless you've been taking a PPI or something to protect the empty stomach, the continuing pain could have been caused by the ibuprofen. Have you got any Gaviscon? I second calling 111 too, but be prepared for them requesting you go to A&E because they usually do.

Yes ibuprofen is really bad for causing stomach ulcers, etc. I imagine if you've had stomach pain you haven't been eating, so unless you've been taking a PPI or something to protect the empty stomach, the continuing pain could have been caused by the ibuprofen. Have you got any Gaviscon? I second calling 111 too, but be prepared for them requesting you go to A&E because they usually do.
Tried Gaviscon, weak tea, what's a PPI? Will they let me go to A&E if I'm infectious? Only confirmed on Tuesday, eldest son brought it home from college last Wednesday, and we've all gone down with it.

what do the cramps feel like? Is it like period? trapped wind? Does your stomach feel hard when you press it? Where are the cramps?e.g Are they right corner, left corner, near your belly button?

Try a hot water bottle on it that might ease it a bit

My sister got her jab this afternoon. She is an NHS hospital doctor. I thought the latest was that the NHS staff weren't getting it yet but it's something to do with her being a doctor on a maternity ward. I will watch her keenly to see how badly her feet swell up, her eyes cloud over like in x-files, or spot the moment when Bill Gates excerts his control!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
When are the tiers changing? Were in tier 2 and have something planned for next thursday and I'm worried theyll change before then

My 92 year old Grandma has had her phone call for her vaccination as well she’s getting the first one next week ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Latest news about testing all secondary school children in the worst areas - I work in a school and term ends next Thursday. What a waste of time and money! If they get tested on Monday, results come back on Tues/Weds and then they're off school anyway?! Is it a sly way of making people isolate and not mix over Christmas?

Reactions: 5
My sister got her jab this afternoon. She is an NHS hospital doctor. I thought the latest was that the NHS staff weren't getting it yet but it's something to do with her being a doctor on a maternity ward. I will watch her keenly to see how badly her feet swell up, her eyes cloud over like in x-files, or spot the moment when Bill Gates excerts his control!
It seems that if you work at a vaccine hub you can get the vaccine. A few ex colleagues have had theirs because the hospital they are at is a hub. At my hospital we can't just access it, it seems they will be inviting us based on risk assessment.

When are the tiers changing? Were in tier 2 and have something planned for next thursday and I'm worried theyll change before then
I understand it to be reviewed 16th, announced 17th, effective 19th but I may be wrong

Reactions: 3
All high schools in wales to close 14th December and move to online learning. Finally Drakeford is addressing the elephant in the room and not just continually thrashing hospitality.

Reactions: 9
The two week firebreaker in Wales must have worked really well, since then they've had to shut pubs early and now close the schools. Who'd have thought that stopping people buying kettles and toasters in the supermarket wouldn't have made any difference.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The two week firebreaker in Wales must have worked really well, since then they've had to shut pubs early and now close the schools. Who'd have thought that stopping people buying kettles and toasters in the supermarket wouldn't have made any difference.
My worry is England seem like we're always 2 weeks behind Scotland and Wales, so I wonder what will happen after New Years esp with the added Christmas bubbling (which no one I know is sticking to)

If they are really painful I would call 111 for advice x
I recommend buscopan. I had similar problems in April, along with loss of taste and smell. The stomach problems and vomiting started well after the loss of sense and taste. Luckily I had some on hand but the pharmacist I spoke to confirmed. I recommend some ginger tea as it helps with nausea. My GP told me that he was quite certain it was Covid even though I hadn’t had a test. At that point they were only testing people in hospital.

what do the cramps feel like? Is it like period? trapped wind? Does your stomach feel hard when you press it? Where are the cramps?e.g Are they right corner, left corner, near your belly button?

Try a hot water bottle on it that might ease it a bit
Phoned 111, GP phoned back really swiftly. Suggested Biscopam (?), and if things don't improve, after 24 hours, then ring back.
Thank you for your help you lovely Tattlers xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.