Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes, Buscopan is what I recommended above.
Thank you Mustard. TBH it's been really awful here, as son passed Covid on to my 91 years young dad. He and the sons are doing really well, hubby less so, and I've had every symptom going, feel like a smelly train wreck. Hope to join you on FOD soon xx

I recommend buscopan. I had similar problems in April, along with loss of taste and smell. The stomach problems and vomiting started well after the loss of sense and taste. Luckily I had some on hand but the pharmacist I spoke to confirmed. I recommend some ginger tea as it helps with nausea. My GP told me that he was quite certain it was Covid even though I hadn’t had a test. At that point they were only testing people in hospital.
Does it take long to kick in? I've never taken it before.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Thank you Mustard. TBH it's been really awful here, as son passed Covid on to my 91 years young dad. He and the sons are doing really well, hubby less so, and I've had every symptom going, feel like a smelly train wreck. Hope to join you on FOD soon xx

Does it take long to kick in? I've never taken it before.
within 30 minutes. take 2 of them for first dose. I can’t remember how many does you can take per day though.

Seems kids will need to be vaccinated if they’re to stop the virus.Phase two will include trials on kids from 5yrs+ they seem to be more transparent in the spread from kids compared to what they were previously .

Reactions: 2
Someone my partner works with was telling him his mother in law has received her call to get the vaccine... on Christmas Day!

• Wow
Have just taken two. My lovely neighbour has just been up to the chemist. Thank you for your help x
I hope they work really quickly for you. I used ground ginger to make ginger tea as I didn’t have any fresh. I also had some non alcoholic ginger beer. All I could eat for a few days was toast and some sliced boiled eggs.

Only south east London schools matter

Schools are safe yet highest cause transmission and 10-19 age group hardly likely go pubs

How can you mass test school tier 2 London and not tier 3 Hull Manchester Birmingham Bristol?
I’m an Essexite and I’m with you on this. If I lived up North I’d be incandescent.

Reactions: 5

Schools are safe yet highest cause transmission and 10-19 age group hardly likely go pubs

How can you mass test school tier 2 London and not tier 3 Hull Manchester Birmingham Bristol?
We are tier three and not in London. They have rolled out lateral flow tests for Yr 6 and are then rolling out to other parts of the school. Our council say the children should be tested even if their only symptoms are headaches or cold symptoms. In the new year there will be a testing site on part of the scho grounds for the general public but also for the pupils.

Email just landed from school. Reminding us that term ends of the 18th and that despite some parents anxieties about mixing over Christmas that school is perfectly safe. My two are still finishing tomorrow. There school isn't safe as cases every week since September!

Reactions: 6

Have you seen London and South East numbers at the min 😬 also Liverpool were the first to have mass testing rolled out so I don’t think it’s a North/South argument.

8BF6CE7A-0F51-4555-ADBB-24224E10B5FE.jpeg

Reactions: 1
We are tier three and not in London. They have rolled out lateral flow tests for Yr 6 and are then rolling out to other parts of the school. Our council say the children should be tested even if their only symptoms are headaches or cold symptoms. In the new year there will be a testing site on part of the scho grounds for the general public but also for the pupils.
Kent is tier 3m Essex is high but still I think under tier 2 London.

Seems kids will need to be vaccinated if they’re to stop the virus.Phase two will include trials on kids from 5yrs+ they seem to be more transparent in the spread from kids compared to what they were previously .
Children in clinical trials makes me feel really uncomfortable. What kind of parent puts their child forward for unknown risks?

Reactions: 7
Kent is tier 3m Essex is high but still I think under tier 2 London.
Im not South. Im not saying where I am but I am nowhere near London or Kent. I was just saying that it's not just London that they are rolling out testing in a school. We have had a few weeks of high outbreaks and this is in response to that.

Im not South. Im not saying where I am but I am nowhere near London or Kent. I was just saying that it's not just London that they are rolling out testing in a school. We have had a few weeks of high outbreaks and this is in response to that.
Sorry misunderstood. My precious recent post was today's press conference prioritising London and South East school for testing as they only realised secondary schools a problem.
They a problem in a lot of areas if uk.
Hence why Wales closing week early

Sorry misunderstood. My precious recent post was today's press conference prioritising London and South East school for testing as they only realised secondary schools a problem.
They a problem in a lot of areas if uk.
Hence why Wales closing week early
Oh no I agree but they are doing this in other parts of the country. Ours was announced at the beginning of the week 😊

Reactions: 1
As predicted with London/south east this is too late - cases were rising last month and they should gone into tier 3 then.

I will be really pissed off if we have another national lockdown in Jan due to this whilst the northern cities cases are all going down 🙄

Reactions: 6
Children in clinical trials makes me feel really uncomfortable. What kind of parent puts their child forward for unknown risks?
If they don't have clinical trials including children, then children will never be able to get vaccines and still catch/spread it. I can imagine they are damned if they do/damned if they don't, although parents having their children put forward for clinical trials shouldn't be judged for doing so.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.