Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I just feel like the whole world is watching us with these vaccines now and as with everything else we do are going to make a huge pigs ear out of it. I’m not fully convinced this vaccine will be the solution people think it is, especially if it needs to be given every 3 months? Then again I’m not a scientist so🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope I’m wrong but I have no faith in this government because it seems they can’t do anything right.
I realise that people are going to take their frustrations out on the government but whatever happens with the vaccine's effectiveness isn't on them, they haven't developed it and are having to work with what's available.

I'm not blaming the scientists when I say that. The fact we have any sort of effective vaccine at all in the time we've known about this virus is impressive.

Reactions: 10
I realise that people are going to take their frustrations out on the government but whatever happens with the vaccines effectiveness isn't on them, they haven't developed it and are having to work with what's available. Have any other countries done what we’ve done yet or are they just waiting to see how it turns out?

I'm not blaming the scientists when I say that. The fact we have any sort of effective vaccine at all in the time we've known about this virus is impressive.
No they didn’t develop it but they made the choice to go with the vaccine and start rolling it out. Are any other countries using a vaccine yet? Feels like they’re all waiting to see how it turns out for us😅

I hope it all goes well and the vaccine is the solution to this mess but every time I get my hopes up during this pandemic I end up disappointed.

Reactions: 8
They don’t know if it stops the spread. I think they may use it as another form of treatment other than a cure we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.
How is that going to work? They're going to give people a covid vaccine AFTER they've already contracted the virus? If it's not preventing the virus then it's not a vaccine.

Reactions: 2
No they didn’t develop it but they made the choice to go with the vaccine and start rolling it out.

I hope it all goes well and the vaccine is the solution to this mess but every time I get my hopes up during this pandemic I end up disappointed.
What would you have them do? Sit and ignore a vaccine that's ready and waiting to use? Then people would be complaining about that. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

At the moment I don't think people should be looking at the vaccine as a quick fix, more as something that could help in the facilitation of getting back to normality when coupled with other measures.

Reactions: 9
What would you have them do? Sit and ignore a vaccine that's ready and waiting to use? Then people would be complaining about that. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

At the moment I don't think people should be looking at the vaccine as a quick fix, more as something that could help in the facilitation of getting back to normality when coupled with other measures.
I wouldn’t ‘have’ them do anything. They know more than I after all. These are just my feelings on the matter that’s all.

Excuse me for not jumping for joy over a vaccine when during this pandemic there has been one blunder after another.

I wouldn’t ‘have’ them do anything. They know more than I after all. These are just my feelings on the matter that’s all.

Excuse me for not jumping for joy over a vaccine when during this pandemic there has been one blunder after another.
Well I don't know what else you expect. Time to put you on ignore

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Well I don't know what else you expect. Time to put you on ignore
Sorry, I’m not trying to be inflammatory. Genuinely not sure what I’ve said that’s wrong?

Im not against a vaccine or anything just nervous and talking about it here, thought that was ok to do on a thread about covid.

Reactions: 12
I can't believe they say its nhs front lone 1st then 24 hours later its carehomes despite logistic large packs, temp control can only be transporters so many times.
Not even convinced care home patients take up so many NHS icu beds.

Reactions: 3
Even IF the government pull off this vaccination programme the rest of the world aren't vaccinated yet. Open borders will just keep the virus travelling in and out of countries 🤷‍♀️
The working age population won’t be vaccinated anyway unless they have an underlying illness so does that mean business will just carry on as normal and people won’t isolate anymore🤷🏼‍♀️

How is that going to work? They're going to give people a covid vaccine AFTER they've already contracted the virus? If it's not preventing the virus then it's not a vaccine.
That’s what they’re waiting to find out 😂 They don’t know if people can pass it on or not I think they’re just using it as a treatment for the vulnerable and health workers so it might possibly stop them getting it or lesson the symptoms...that’s the way I’m reading it anyway🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Friday night people went on the piss, saw this in the Daily Mail of two women from York.

They must of been freezing, that's one way to catch a cold.
So what you're saying is, you've never been out to the pubs in Newcastle then.

These two have jackets on?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So what you're saying is, you've never been out to the pubs in Newcastle then.

These two have jackets on?
I would have thought in a pandemic women would think of being warm.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

We've not had to deal with a pandemic before, so I think they've done a Stirling job in creating a vaccine so quickly, and it's British which you should be proud of. If you're not interested in having the vaccine that's your choice.

We've not had to deal with a pandemic before, so I think they've done a Stirling job in creating a vaccine so quickly, and it's British which you should be proud of. If you're not interested in having the vaccine that's your choice.
The vaccine that has been approved isn't British. The brains behind the pfizer biontech one are Turkish-German. Not taking away from the Astra zenica Oxford one, but that so far hasn't been approved.

I can't believe they say its nhs front lone 1st then 24 hours later its carehomes despite logistic large packs, temp control can only be transporters so many times.
Not even convinced care home patients take up so many NHS icu beds.
Exactly, I noticed that. I think they mean residents in the care homes not ICU.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.