Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tier 3 as I expected, not even phased by it now because I knew we had no chance of tier 2 even with infection rates falling

Reactions: 3
if my region (cambridgeshire and peterborough) continue on the same trajectory as mentioned in that report about why - I would be surprised if we do not drop to T1.
Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 12.02.38.png

Reactions: 1
This woman wasn’t holding back :ROFLMAO:View attachment 324437
That bleeping tie🤭 is his suit even ironed? This man runs the country he could at least make an effort, what an embarrassment. Even Orange Trump scrubs up better than him. I bet his alcoholism isn’t helping matters.

Anyone else just feeling bored of it all at this point? It’s like when I get bored of a video game except this is real life so can’t switch it off, just gotta wait it out.

Reactions: 8
Tier 3 for us in the NE! Not surprised really since there were already talks of us moving to tier 3 prior to the national lockdown. I really hope this doesn't effect my operation a few days after Christmas 🙃

Reactions: 4
Looks like our schools could be shutting early against the education minister’s advice...developing story?
E63D6D79-C8D2-4BD4-9483-945AEEB8B300.jpeg

Reactions: 6
We were tier 1 prior lockdown, now we’re tier 2.
However we’ve got less cases per 100k than we did when we were in tier 1, only 80 per 100k!! 🙄 I’m so pissed 😭

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I thought Nicola had cancelled Hogmanay? It is important to limit the spread for everyone hopefully the kids get to do their exams unhindered.
Haha well yes she is attempting to and I personally will be celebrating in my home with my household. However it’s traditionally our preferred holiday, people travel from all over the world to celebrate new year in Scotland and we have an extra holiday on the 2nd January as a result. Personal thoughts are that we can’t have it all ways, that’s just the reality this year and I’m happy to have Christmas 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Anyone know what the approach is for nights away in tier 2? Can’t stay in other peoples houses over night but as hotels etc can open, would an overnight stay be allowed?
yes, hotels and overnight stays (not at someone's house unless in a bubble) are allowed

Reactions: 2
Looks like our schools could be shutting early against the education minister’s advice...developing story?View attachment 324447
This is interesting, we had an email today to say the school christmas dinner which was on the 16th has been brought forward to the 9th.
Also my son is doing an awful lot of reading this week, and I mean loads. He's in year 2 so 6/7 year olds and he's reading 75-100 pages of his book each day at school. I questioned the teacher and she said they have had to bring the end of term assessments forward and so the children are reading more to allow her time to do those.
So it's making me wonder if individual schools are going to go against the general advise 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Haha well yes she is attempting to and I personally will be celebrating in my home with my household. However it’s traditionally our preferred holiday, people travel from all over the world to celebrate new year in Scotland and we have an extra holiday on the 2nd January as a result. Personal thoughts are that we can’t have it all ways, that’s just the reality this year and I’m happy to have Christmas 🤷🏽‍♀️
The Scots need the 2nd January off to clear their headaches 😂😂😂🍾🥂🍷

• Haha
This is interesting, we had an email today to say the school christmas dinner which was on the 16th has been brought forward to the 9th.
Also my son is doing an awful lot of reading this week, and I mean loads. He's in year 2 so 6/7 year olds and he's reading 75-100 pages of his book each day at school. I questioned the teacher and she said they have had to bring the end of term assessments forward and so the children are reading more to allow her time to do those.
So it's making me wonder if individual schools are going to go against the general advise 🤷‍♀️
It's breaking news on my local rag so it looks like they could be closing ? we've heard nothing yet but the school nurse is in tomorrow with the flu vaccs.

I’ve wondered this also. Whilst our primary school haven’t said a thing about closing early, ALL Xmas activities including the giving of Xmas cards, Xmas dinner and etc are done by the 11th Dec 🤔

I'm tier 2. The one thing I am glad about is that my local swimming pool will be reopening. I will be working from home until at least March 2021 so this is my only real chance (other than the school run) to get out.

Tier 3 for us in the NE! Not surprised really since there were already talks of us moving to tier 3 prior to the national lockdown. I really hope this doesn't effect my operation a few days after Christmas 🙃
What kind of op? Sunderland and QE have already started cancelling routine ops again ready to turn recovery areas into back up ICCUs like back in spring

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.