Votes: 61 16.3%
  • Hopeless

Votes: 154 41.2%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 159 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread to continue, will keep the poll short and simple this time

Rishi sunak budget/statement coming today

Reactions: 4
That’s the problem, if I want to see my dad, MIL is going to see it as choosing my family over her & it will cause so much upset. My dad is more easy going and will understand but I sort of feel why should be have to do without seeing us simply down to his understanding nature.
The govt. would have been better off saying no household mixing than exclusive bubbles. It’s just adding to the stress.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It is stressful and overly complicated. Thank goodness for this forum where people are explaining the rules. The rules set out by the government are so confusing! I get that they are trying to let us have some normality, but it is going to cause rifts and upset and it is definitely going to cause a spike in cases again.

Reactions: 10
We’ve decided we aren’t going to see any family over Christmas 😔 I’m gonna see my mum in January when I have the baby so that’s the only thing that will get me through the next few weeks.

I would never want someone to be alone on Christmas Day, but you just know that a lot of people will take the piss and be seeing more than 2 other households. Or think ‘well if it’s ok on Christmas Day then it’s ok on a different date too’ before the rules are relaxed.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Potentially the gov are still going for some kind of herd immunity?? Just a theory but they know people are going to bend and break rules. They just have to be seen to be doing something. The rules won’t be enforced and I don’t think they’ll actually be bothered.

Reactions: 7
That’s the problem, if I want to see my dad, MIL is going to see it as choosing my family over her & it will cause so much upset. My dad is more easy going and will understand but I sort of feel why should be have to do without seeing us simply down to his understanding nature.
The govt. would have been better off saying no household mixing than exclusive bubbles. It’s just adding to the stress.
Just to add that an existing support bubble (where at least one of the households is a single adult) counts as one household

If you are in a support bubble with one of your parents currently then that’s 1 household, your other parent is the 2nd household and your MIL is the 3rd, hope that helps x

Reactions: 2
I doubt this is their attempt at herd immunity when the real possibility for herd immunity seems (fingers crossed) quite close - the vaccine.

This is something I'm keen to avoid too so we are just not visiting any.

Reactions: 3
Just to add that an existing support bubble (where at least one of the households is a single adult) counts as one household

If you are in a support bubble with one of your parents currently then that’s 1 household, your other parent is the 2nd household and your MIL is the 3rd, hope that helps x
Thanks for the info, it might help others. My dad unfortunately lives with his lovely partner, so wouldn’t fall into that category.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think we’re going for herd immunity, more the popularity of the Tory party 🤦‍♀️
9DFE0D51-AE6A-4E73-900B-4D31E6C532A8.png
64618A1C-DAF6-42B1-996F-D332DFE7E90D.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It is stressful and overly complicated. Thank goodness for this forum where people are explaining the rules. The rules set out by the government are so confusing! I get that they are trying to let us have some normality, but it is going to cause rifts and upset and it is definitely going to cause a spike in cases again.
I think thats why a lot of people are going to break the rules unintentionally tbh. If you dont look into it and just see the headline 'Can mix with 3 households' people are just going to think that as long as theres no more 3 households together at once they are ok. Which is obviously not true 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Thanks for the info, it might help others. My dad unfortunately lives with his lovely partner, so wouldn’t fall into that category.

Sorry I was getting confused from a poster in the previous thread and think I replied to the wrong person! Xxx

Ok how does it work with existing bubbles and extended households - so my brother is already in a “bubble” with my parents (in wales it’s called an extended household so essentially you treat it as 1 household). Does that mean on Christmas himself and my parents are still only one household or would they count as 2?

Potentially the gov are still going for some kind of herd immunity?? Just a theory but they know people are going to bend and break rules. They just have to be seen to be doing something. The rules won’t be enforced and I don’t think they’ll actually be bothered.
The certainly need people to mix so it spreads . Allowing people to mix in their 3 households at least means they can trace the infections if people come down with symptoms afterwards

Ok how does it work with existing bubbles and extended households - so my brother is already in a “bubble” with my parents (in wales it’s called an extended household so essentially you treat it as 1 household). Does that mean on Christmas himself and my parents are still only one household or would they count as 2?
I think they’re one???

Ah confused. So if we were to bubble up with two other households, can each of them then bubble with one other (that we can’t then see)? Or do you all have to belong to the same bubble? Say for example could we see my parents and in laws (3 households) - could they then have us and 1 other house? Sorry - I’m not sure I’m making sense!

Ah confused. So if we were to bubble up with two other households, can each of them then bubble with one other (that we can’t then see)? Or do you all have to belong to the same bubble? Say for example could we see my parents and in laws (3 households) - could they then have us and 1 other house? Sorry - I’m not sure I’m making sense!
The 3 all have to agree to be each other’s bubbles I think :)

@Pixipoppy Please see my post above....support bubbles count as one household

Please see @malolo post which I have attached as a screenshot

Attachments

Statement just now predicts the economy economy returning to pre pandemic levels at Q4 2022. The thing is this figure keeps getting revised further away. Sunak said a few months ago it would be march 2021. Totally meaningless this wishful thinking.

• Sad
Christmas bubble issue.. my grandma in law now wants her son to come over for dinner, they are a separate house. We've said no as that would be then be our 3 and I'm not, not seeing my parents for a man I don't really know.
Our plan was / is his mum and grandma (one house) for Xmas day then my parents boxing day. I'm happy with that.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.