Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It said on sky news they had to make north Somerset Bristol and sgc as too much overlap.
Weirdly banes is tier 2 as is Swindon and Wiltshire.
I did want go Swindon outlet do Xmas shopping and have lunch out.
I guess I can manage shopping now but not lunch as would have e scan qr code or add Bristol postcode.
You not meant leave tier 3 unless work or education.

Can you imagine the carnage of primark and other non essential shops opening.
No where warm rest my legs with coffee and a bite to eat.

Bristol losing 2.8 million a month in tier 3.

In so angry its the 2 universities and mid management of education thats caused this rise locally .
The areas hospitality i did go to felt well organised and safer than the shops.

I can forsee jan of another lockdown
Being in tier 3 for months as students go home and then return.
Overwhelmed NHS
Teachers striking
Riots and protests maybe.
I totally understand that about the overlap.

Something needs to be done about school runs and parents not mixing/walking in together like they have been

I don’t know why because I expected this but I feel really sick and anxious. I’m not going to be able to see my partner until the 16th at the earliest when they review if we can go to tier 2.

I have a question about current household bubbles being in different tiers, my partner is tier 2 and lives 5 miles from his mum who is tier 3, they are a bubble, can that continue as it says to only travel between tiers where necessary?!

Reactions: 1
I’ve wondered this also. Whilst our primary school haven’t said a thing about closing early, ALL Xmas activities including the giving of Xmas cards, Xmas dinner and etc are done by the 11th Dec 🤔
Our school have requested all Xmas cards to be in by 11th. They plan to quarantine them and hand them out during the last week. Amazed the head hasn't just said no cards this year.
All other Xmas activities are happening in class bubbles during the last week. Lots planned, online pantomime, films, party, Christmas jumper day etc.
There doesn't seem to be much work planned during that week...

Reactions: 8
Our surgery was shut the other day for training. I wonder if they were training the staff to give the COVID injection. I've never known a surgery to be closed for training before.
Pre lockdown ours used to be closed every Wednesday afternoon for training 🤣

Definitely code for a afternoon at the pub ha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Our school have requested all Xmas cards to be in by 11th. They plan to quarantine them and hand them out during the last week. Amazed the head hasn't just said no cards this year.
Wow. Bonkers. How does he/she think Royal Mail workers stay alive, magic?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
All other Xmas activities are happening in class bubbles during the last week. Lots planned, online pantomime, films, party, Christmas jumper day etc.
There doesn't seem to be much work planned during that week...
Ours have to be in by the 4th to be quarantined and given out on the 11th. The cards
aren’t allowed to go in envelopes which I find very annoying as we will have 30 little envelopes going spare 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ours have to be in by the 4th to be quarantined and given out on the 11th. The cards
aren’t allowed to go in envelopes which I find very annoying as we will have 30 little envelopes going spare 😆
Whoever thought a year ago we be talking about quarantine Xmas cards.

Wondering whats acceptable time have a drink and play depressing music.

Something needs to be done about school runs and parents not mixing/walking in together like they have been

I don’t know why because I expected this but I feel really sick and anxious. I’m not going to be able to see my partner until the 16th at the earliest when they review if we can go to tier 2.

I have a question about current household bubbles being in different tiers, my partner is tier 2 and lives 5 miles from his mum who is tier 3, they are a bubble, can that continue as it says to only travel between tiers where necessary?!
Its all too complex and not at all clear

Reactions: 7
Interesting how Matty H stated that Cornwall consistently had the lowest figures. Remember when everyone was in uproar to the tourists that kept visiting. Another thing that never happened. I’m starting to wonder about all of this 🤔

Reactions: 15
Wow. Bonkers. How does he/she think Royal Mail workers stay alive, magic?

Post is a risk actually, people lick envelopes, especially for Christmas cards so this is actually a sensible decision.

Crazy but sensible

Reactions: 4
My daughters school have banned Christmas cards altogether and they’re not allowed to sing happy birthday on someone’s birthday 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 5

In Scotland you're not meant to move in or out of the higher tiers but bubbles are exempt from that. I don't really understand the logic but that's the situation. Might not be the same in England but since we seem to be a bit more strict up here I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same.

My daughters school have banned Christmas cards altogether and they’re not allowed to sing happy birthday on someone’s birthday 🙄
Our school seems to be going against the no singing advice, most of the time they sing as normal (at least twice per day, lunch and end of day prayer), sometimes they have to put their hand over their mouth 🤣
My daughter has a singing part in the play

T3 for me (south glos). Hope it changes on 16th so my son can see Santa on the train that I’ve booked for 22nd.

school have banned Xmas cards but presents for the teachers are all still fine 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
In Scotland you're not meant to move in or out of the higher tiers but bubbles are exempt from that. I don't really understand the logic but that's the situation. Might not be the same in England but since we seem to be a bit more strict up here I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same.
Thank you, that’s really helpful, I can’t find anything online. Fortunately my dad is the same tier as me and my son, we’re looking forward to seeing him on Friday evening after my son’s self isolation ends....not been able to see him for 2 weeks and it’s been really hard.

T3 for me (south glos). Hope it changes on 16th so my son can see Santa on the train that I’ve booked for 22nd.

school have banned Xmas cards but presents for the teachers are all still fine 😂
my friend is a teacher and her school have banned cards, but said they know kids will want to do it anyway so as long as its not on school property its fine, and they advise anything for teachers to be delivered into a safe box a week before the end of term and left there until the end of term when the teachers may then take them home.. its absolutely mad!

Does anyone know what the rules are in Wales, can we leave Wales yet and visit people in England? My Gran lives alone in Chester and she’s 92. I’ve not seen her in months.

Also as you all know my sons girlfriend lives in Liverpool and he wants to know what the tier 2 rules are now as he wants to know whether he can meet her now or not. They usually meet half way in Chester. I’m unsure if she can leave Liverpool in tier 2. Does anyone know if you can leave a tier 2 area? Chester is also tier 2.

Really upset that I'm in a tier 3 county (Kent) because my actual town doesn't seem like it's doing too badly in terms of deaths. I feel like it's unfair to lump places in as one big group if some are doing okay but I feel even with the vaccine this is just how life is going to be for the foreseeable future so I'm trying to just get on with things as best as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what the rules are in Wales, can we leave Wales yet and visit people in England? My Gran lives alone in Chester and she’s 92. I’ve not seen her in months.

Also as you all know my sons girlfriend lives in Liverpool and he wants to know what the tier 2 rules are now as he wants to know whether he can meet her now or not. They usually meet half way in Chester. I’m unsure if she can leave Liverpool in tier 2. Does anyone know if you can leave a tier 2 area? Chester is also tier 2.
here you go

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.