Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve wondered this also. Whilst our primary school haven’t said a thing about closing early, ALL Xmas activities including the giving of Xmas cards, Xmas dinner and etc are done by the 11th Dec 🤔
It's definitely strange but it could just be a case of the fact their trying to get it all done before any possible bubble closures. Which would make sense for the assessments, not so much the Christmas guff.

Reactions: 3
It's definitely strange but it could just be a case of the fact their trying to get it all done before any possible bubble closures. Which would make sense for the assessments, not so much the Christmas guff.
Our school are recording the Christmas play already, 9yr old had to take in Christmas clothes.

I'm tier 2. The one thing I am glad about is that my local swimming pool will be reopening. I will be working from home until at least March 2021 so this is my only real chance (other than the school run) to get out.
Same here, T2 or T3 I don't really care about as gyms and pools will be open for both thank god. I don't think they ever should have closed tbh, but essential for so many people's overall well-being to be open during the winter!

Reactions: 2
What kind of op? Sunderland and QE have already started cancelling routine ops again ready to turn recovery areas into back up ICCUs like back in spring
It's an elective surgery for my foot to be fused as I have arthritis. MIL is a theatre nurse at the hospital I'm having it done and she said so far, it should still be going ahead but I'm unsure.

Reactions: 1
Tier 3 and my workplace want me to go back to work??? Hmmm :rolleyes:

Don't want to be awkward as it's a small team and they have been good to me but honestly WTF

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Liverpool in tier 2, can you leave Liverpool? Could you meet someone from another county?

Is there something online that explains the exact rules of the tiers?

Our surgery was shut the other day for training. I wonder if they were training the staff to give the COVID injection. I've never known a surgery to be closed for training before.

Our school are recording the Christmas play already, 9yr old had to take in Christmas clothes.
We've not heard anything from school about plans. I've ordered a Christmas jumper just incase they do.

Urgh, so much family pressure. My dad (Liverpool) wants me to meet him half way (I'm in London) for an overnight stay in a hotel. Told him it's not allowed and I can't get time off work anyway.

Mum: (also in London) trying to arrange a big afternoon tea.

Factions of partner's family: also trying to force an overnight stay at their house / organise Christmas.

:rolleyes::sneaky::rolleyes::sneaky:

• Wow
South glos here and tier 3, we were also tier 1 before lockdown but were about to go into tier 2
It said on sky news they had to make north Somerset Bristol and sgc as too much overlap.
Weirdly banes is tier 2 as is Swindon and Wiltshire.
I did want go Swindon outlet do Xmas shopping and have lunch out.
I guess I can manage shopping now but not lunch as would have e scan qr code or add Bristol postcode.
You not meant leave tier 3 unless work or education.

Can you imagine the carnage of primark and other non essential shops opening.
No where warm rest my legs with coffee and a bite to eat.

Bristol losing 2.8 million a month in tier 3.

In so angry its the 2 universities and mid management of education thats caused this rise locally .
The areas hospitality i did go to felt well organised and safer than the shops.

I can forsee jan of another lockdown
Being in tier 3 for months as students go home and then return.
Overwhelmed NHS
Teachers striking
Riots and protests maybe.

The beauty industry. I do marketing, perfectly capable from home!
Yeah I’m not sure why they would call you back then, The advice in every tier is to wfh if you can. Irresponsible, definitely raise it.

We've not heard anything from school about plans. I've ordered a Christmas jumper just incase they do.
We’ve had multiple newsletters to confirm Christmas events all the way up to the 18th Dec and we’re in tier 3 🧐

Reactions: 4
Yeah I’m not sure why they would call you back then, The advice in every tier is to wfh if you can. Irresponsible, definitely raise it.
Yep defo need to. But as with previous lockdowns they have just said "it is only advice" ...... Bloody nightmare honestly!

Anyone know what the approach is for nights away in tier 2? Can’t stay in other peoples houses over night but as hotels etc can open, would an overnight stay be allowed?
Overnight stays allowed as long as it's just your household. So hotels, caravans etc. Obviously as long as the area you are going to is Tier 2 or below.

Two pints of Stella, a Gin and Tonic, and a Substantial Meal, please barman!

1606395421071.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.