Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I am on Depo too and couldn't imagine having to do it myself. How are you finding it?
It’s okay actually as the one you do at home is slightly different to the one they do - but I haven’t actually done it myself my friend is a nurse and has done it both times I’ve had to do it as I don’t know I could jab myself!

Reactions: 3
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I am on Depo too and couldn't imagine having to do it myself. How are you finding it?
I requested this version at the start of lockdown on the basis that I wasn’t sure where we’d be 3/6 months down the line etc and was given a 12 month supply. I love it and will never go back. It’s painless and I have an automated text reminder service. If you look sayanara press up on YouTube you can watch a clip on it. Possibly not well suited to the squeamish or needle averse amongst us though.

Reactions: 2
Rd&e (Exeter hopsital) are to start transferring covid patients to the nightingale from tomorrow

• Wow
I requested this version at the start of lockdown on the basis that I wasn’t sure where we’d be 3/6 months down the line etc and was given a 12 month supply. I love it and will never go back. It’s painless and I have an automated text reminder service. If you look sayanara press up on YouTube you can watch a clip on it. Possibly not well suited to the squeamish or needle averse amongst us though.
I do agree I am LOVING not having to make a gp appointment, go, wait around etc its much more convenient - just not sure I can do it myself but hey thats what friends are for haha.

Reactions: 1
My doctors is a joke at the moment. I rang a few weeks ago asking if I could be prescribed pain for a really bad back. A doctor eventually rang me back and told me they wouldn’t asses me at the surgery and advised me to go to a&e. Felt this was extreme but was desperate for some pain relief. Was there for 3 hours being sent from dept to dept, to eventually be told they wouldn’t give me anything due to being pregnant, even tho I’d been prescribed codeine in a previous pregnancy for the same thing and it was on my medical notes. I left in tears barely able to walk because of the pain.

I’m 33 week today and I’ve had one midwife appointment. It’s ridiculous.
That’s shocking!

It’s so bad midwife appointments are so different across country, I can’t understand why there isn’t same level of care as standard

I have a Health Visitor coming to my home next week (pre baby) which had really surprised me as midwife appointments have been few and far between.

My mums just rang in tears. My brother has just told her she's selfish for coming to us on Christmas day despite us been the only ones to invite her. He basically said her and my dad should stay on their own or visit all of us!

That’s so frustrating for you and your mum, I’m sorry x

It’s a postcode lottery in England. Some GPs like mine are seeing people (albeit at a much lessened capacity) and some not at all. Makes NO sense.

I agree, I’ve had no problems with mine, had my normal monthly blood tests, had my smear, had phone consultations and received treatment no problem. Seems to totally depend where you are.

My doctors is a joke at the moment. I rang a few weeks ago asking if I could be prescribed pain for a really bad back. A doctor eventually rang me back and told me they wouldn’t asses me at the surgery and advised me to go to a&e. Felt this was extreme but was desperate for some pain relief. Was there for 3 hours being sent from dept to dept, to eventually be told they wouldn’t give me anything due to being pregnant, even tho I’d been prescribed codeine in a previous pregnancy for the same thing and it was on my medical notes. I left in tears barely able to walk because of the pain.

That’s awful to hear, I’m so sorry! I had awful back pain in pregnancy, had a permanent hot water bottle to help and I was due end of August! It did help tho!

Our GP has removed all but two seats for disabled patients. I went for my smear last week and they make you stand so far back the receptionist can’t hear you. Unless they must see you, you can’t get an appointment. Pre covid it was a 7 week wait so goodness only know how it will be when they start seeing people next year.

• Sad
  • Wow

As a midwife that last part breaks my heart. That shouldn't be happening.

The public praising the government borrowing and spending, do they not realise half of this could have been prevented if the funded certain sectors in the past and will they be clapping when the Tories bring in austerity round two.

Reactions: 5
The public praising the government borrowing and spending, do they not realise half of this could have been prevented if the funded certain sectors in the past and will they be clapping when the Tories bring in austerity round two.
I’m not a fan of the tories and I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone praising the governments borrowing or spending but...

I do think in terms of the furlough scheme, it’s a good scheme and has helped a lot of people. Compared with other countries where there have just been stimulus cheques for example, I think they have done a good job in shielding people and jobs as best they can.

Yes we will be paying for it to years to come but it’s not like they created the virus and I am not sure what the alternative was without more poverty.

Reactions: 13
Rd&e (Exeter hopsital) are to start transferring covid patients to the nightingale from tomorrow
Are they using it as a "step down " facility ? I actually think it's a good idea instead of taking up beds in a standard ward . More non covid cases can be treated then.

This !!!!! GP surgeries have had such a ride this lockdown and mine is refusing to see anyone face to face unless some of you is hanging off. They miss-diagnosed my 80 year old grandfather 4 times because they were doing it over the phone to the point it was so bad he had to be rushed for emergency surgery.
No all of them. My surgery has telephone triage and we are still able to access appointments if required - even with covid symptoms and no confirmed test result. We got a face to face appointment for my son yesterday in under 2 hours of first ringing. I know this isn’t the case for everyone but I think this is pretty good and I’m thankful to be at that surgery!

Are they using it as a "step down " facility ? I actually think it's a good idea instead of taking up beds in a standard ward . More non covid cases can be treated then.
It's been used for CT scans, ultra sounds and echocardiogram since the summer.

Our nitinggale will be used non covid routine stuff local councillors said.
Why they based it it on a covid infested uni campus who knows..

My gps usual trouble phoning in many times.
However since pandemic began managed get 3 telephone consultations.
Prescription sent directly local chemist handy as now love further away and they required me go surgery fill out repeat prescription forms for eldest ashma inhalers as they says kids prescription not online.

Managed get face to face appointment for child 2 in their hot clinic as well as video consultation and blood tests.

We had vido call 7pm other evening i was surprised they worked that late.
I could see other GPS behind them like some sort of call centre..

I know others registered at different local gp same area have had awful trouble with theirs so its pot luck I guess.

I also know a gp and she says its been good some ways as time wasters don't come see her now and she can usually ring and speak to consultant straight away and sort some issues out very quickly.
I guess depends whats wrong with you.

So todays the day.
What timedo they announce what tier we in.

Last edited:
That’s shocking!

It’s so bad midwife appointments are so different across country, I can’t understand why there isn’t same level of care as standard

I have a Health Visitor coming to my home next week (pre baby) which had really surprised me as midwife appointments have been few and far between.
It’s the same with rules on labour/visiting too, it varies so much from place to place 😌

That’s awful to hear, I’m so sorry! I had awful back pain in pregnancy, had a permanent hot water bottle to help and I was due end of August! It did help tho!
Luckily I was able to eventually get some pain when I rang again a few days later to get a phone appt. They were shocked I wasn’t prescribed anything. It’s eased off now I’m not working thank god as I knew taking codeine wasn’t the best, but I needed to be able to walk, do the school run without crying in pain.

As a midwife that last part breaks my heart. That shouldn't be happening.
I’m just so glad this isn’t my first pregnancy as I’d be completely clueless otherwise. Feel so sorry for the first time mums being pregnant at the moment as it’s such a stressful time.

Our GP is fab. All calls are triaged but if you want a face to face or they feel it's needed then you get one. They just ask you arrive on time, not early, you go into the waiting room which has socially distanced seating. You are asked to wear a face mask. They've been amazing. It's a shame it's so postcode lottery
Yeah our doctors seems to have got their act together abit now. I actually quite like that they call back for things that can be discussed over the phone. Each time Iv rung someone’s always called me back within an hour. Whereas it used to be a nightmare getting a face to face app before covid.
I just hope people are using the service and not to scared to ring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.