Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The paying for overtime meals is such a non story that distracts from real issues.

Things like gp surgeries are getting access to billions in extra funding to cover covid but are telling people to only make appointments if it an emergency. So locum doctors have been out of work for months as demand is so low. While the partners at the surgery could be raking it in and the death rate could shoot up for many years because of the lack of medical care.
This is exactly it! They're also being paid nearly £13 for each vaccine they administer.
So now they'll be in inviting people into surgeries, when for best part of a year they've been keeping people away. Do people who qualify for the covid vaccine not carry the risk of having covid then? Why has the danger gone away all of a suffer.... cash, thats why!
I don't really care they're being paid, maybe they need the incentive who knows, I'm not getting into conspiracy theories.
What I care about is that I know of many people who have desperately needed to see a GP and been turned away because its 'too risky'. Elderly people have died because GPs weren't doing basic med checks along with seeing the person, infections have got worse because a GP wouldn't look in someone's ear, chest infections have gone ignored because they won't physically listen to your chest.
This will definitely be something that we'll pay for with lives for ages!

Reactions: 5
Top graph is total cases in hospital beds with confirmed covid. In England. Bottom graph is total cases on ventilators in England.
34E1E64D-FCD4-4625-B799-C2C0FD8C58E7.png

Reactions: 4
The thing is healthcare has gone up it’s now 16,570 so I can’t see much of a difference tbh
Daily admissions are decreasing though, down 7.2% this week on last week, and hospital admission takes 1-2 weeks lag after infection so should continue to go down for another week or 2 after we leave lockdown.

9349BD6D-D173-4AD8-8209-E329C2A5B395.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Daily admissions are decreasing though, down 7.2% this week on last week, and hospital admission takes 1-2 weeks lag after infection so should continue to go down for another week or 2 after we leave lockdown.

View attachment 323907
Yeah that's what I said there won't be much of a difference with only a week to go

Reactions: 1
They may drop in two weeks but will certainly start to rise in three, which takes us to just before Christmas!! I do not get The logic in allowing a five day relaxation.

Reactions: 3
They may drop in two weeks but will certainly start to rise in three, which takes us to just before Christmas!! I do not get The logic in allowing a five day relaxation.
Yes agree, I was more talking about someone saying we shouldn’t be out of lockdown at all though! Not bothered about Xmas.

The paying for overtime meals is such a non story that distracts from real issues.

Things like gp surgeries are getting access to billions in extra funding to cover covid but are telling people to only make appointments if it an emergency. So locum doctors have been out of work for months as demand is so low. While the partners at the surgery could be raking it in and the death rate could shoot up for many years because of the lack of medical care.
This !!!!! GP surgeries have had such a ride this lockdown and mine is refusing to see anyone face to face unless some of you is hanging off. They miss-diagnosed my 80 year old grandfather 4 times because they were doing it over the phone to the point it was so bad he had to be rushed for emergency surgery.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
My mums just rang in tears. My brother has just told her she's selfish for coming to us on Christmas day despite us been the only ones to invite her. He basically said her and my dad should stay on their own or visit all of us!

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I can't understand why they don't see people in England we can get appointments no problem ...are the other nations the same ?

Went yesterday to GP surgery for my smear (which was almost a year overdue because of, you guessed it, covid). I was literally the only person there and usually my surgery is buzzing with loads of people as it’s a large surgery with 10 different doctors. I couldn’t help but think how many people weren’t getting the help they need. Also got the added anxiety that my smear was so late. 😩😣

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I can't understand why they don't see people in England we can get appointments no problem ...are the other nations the same ?
It’s a postcode lottery in England. Some GPs like mine are seeing people (albeit at a much lessened capacity) and some not at all. Makes NO sense.

In my opinion GP’s are up there with being as important as schools being open. If schools can be open with thousands of pupils and staff, a GP surgery can be open. It’s bloody dangerous not allowing people to see a doctor!

Reactions: 19
My local Gp has ridiculous restrictions around covid. Once you arrive (indoors) you have to ring a doorbell (no sanitiser however!) which then the receptionist comes and asks your name then you have to wait on a stairwell until called in
Last time I was there was 4 of us stood in stairwell cramped as of course can’t go too far in case you miss your call

🤦‍♀️

• Wow
My mums just rang in tears. My brother has just told her she's selfish for coming to us on Christmas day despite us been the only ones to invite her. He basically said her and my dad should stay on their own or visit all of us!
Would your brother have even been willing to bubble with you and your parents for the festive period? If not, then how did he expect it to work?

Reactions: 2
Haven't been to the GP face to face for months. Only went in July because my daughter was due her jabs and that can't be done remotely 🤣 even the doctor in a&e said there was no point even contacting the GP if I was concerned about my daughter's temperature the other weekend, just to come straight back to a&e.

This !!!!! GP surgeries have had such a ride this lockdown and mine is refusing to see anyone face to face unless some of you is hanging off. They miss-diagnosed my 80 year old grandfather 4 times because they were doing it over the phone to the point it was so bad he had to be rushed for emergency surgery.
That is awful. Why aren't they opened? Doctors here never stopped doing in-person appointment at all this year.

My local Gp has ridiculous restrictions around covid. Once you arrive (indoors) you have to ring a doorbell (no sanitiser however!) which then the receptionist comes and asks your name then you have to wait on a stairwell until called in
Last time I was there was 4 of us stood in stairwell cramped as of course can’t go too far in case you miss your call

🤦‍♀️
Mine too!!! Bloody door bell indoors 😂

• Haha
Our GP is fab. All calls are triaged but if you want a face to face or they feel it's needed then you get one. They just ask you arrive on time, not early, you go into the waiting room which has socially distanced seating. You are asked to wear a face mask. They've been amazing. It's a shame it's so postcode lottery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.