Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So fed up of this today. We are existing at the moment, not living. It seems everyone is miserable and arguing over what is right and wrong, whether its at work or online, all I do is work and go home. Regardless of what tier my area ends up in, I will feel guilty for going anywhere next week even though I wonā€™t break any rules and probably need to get out before I lose it completely.

:(

Reactions: 16
Our GP is fab. All calls are triaged but if you want a face to face or they feel it's needed then you get one. They just ask you arrive on time, not early, you go into the waiting room which has socially distanced seating. You are asked to wear a face mask. They've been amazing. It's a shame it's so postcode lottery
Thatā€™s like ours you then exit from a separate door so you donā€™t need to go through the waiting room again. Itā€™s really well run ,at least you get seen on your appointment time where as before you couldā€™ve been sitting hours .

Reactions: 2
Our GP is fab. All calls are triaged but if you want a face to face or they feel it's needed then you get one. They just ask you arrive on time, not early, you go into the waiting room which has socially distanced seating. You are asked to wear a face mask. They've been amazing. It's a shame it's so postcode lottery
Similar situation to this in my local authority in Scotland and Iā€™m in a lockdown area. Our family GP went above and beyond and visited my mum at home twice. Iā€™m not aware of any issues locally with GP surgeries, had both my smear and flu jab no problem.

Reactions: 1
Thatā€™s like ours you then exit from a separate door so you donā€™t need to go through the waiting room again. Itā€™s really well run ,at least you get seen on your appointment time where as before you couldā€™ve been sitting hours .
Yeah we have a separate exit too. If anything it's so much easier and better now then it was pre covid.

Reactions: 2
Yeah we have a separate exit too. If anything it's so much easier and better now then it was pre covid.
Yes I think so too. Even prescriptions are more straightforward the chemist just collects and sends a text when itā€™s ready.

Reactions: 3
That is awful. Why aren't they opened? Doctors here never stopped doing in-person appointment at all this year.
I think it depends on your area / surgery. Some around me are ā€˜business as usualā€™ per say but mine has shut its doors and unless it canā€™t be done online I.e. bloods or immunisations it doesnā€™t get done in person. Theyā€™ve even prescribed me a do it yourself contraceptive injection with enough to last until mid next year because they donā€™t anticipate providing the service until then at least. Itā€™s absolutely crazy. And itā€™s still impossible to even get a phone call consultation theyā€™re all gone by 8:10 every morning!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

I had to pick up a gift from Argos tonight. I bought online and their collection system was SO good. I usually dread Argos at Christmas.

There are some changes from Covid restrictions that shouldnā€™t ā€œgo backā€ Imo.

Like restaurants having to give people a bit of space between tables. I loathe places that cram you next to other couples, practically feel like Iā€™m on their date night!

I hope this doesnā€™t return šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Reactions: 9
I can't understand why they don't see people in England we can get appointments no problem ...are the other nations the same ?
It must depend on whereabouts in NI you live, because thatā€™s not my experience, or a friends and one of my neighbours. We have different GPs but all in the same Health Centre.

I had a text from my GP a few weeks ago saying both branches were closed because of staffing issues and to call 111 if we needed anything. Not heard anything since so donā€™t know if theyā€™ve reopened or not

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I think it depends on your area / surgery. Some around me are ā€˜business as usualā€™ per say but mine has shut its doors and unless it canā€™t be done online I.e. bloods or immunisations it doesnā€™t get done in person. Theyā€™ve even prescribed me a do it yourself contraceptive injection with enough to last until mid next year because they donā€™t anticipate providing the service until then at least. Itā€™s absolutely crazy. And itā€™s still impossible to even get a phone call consultation theyā€™re all gone by 8:10 every morning!
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I am on Depo too and couldn't imagine having to do it myself. How are you finding it?

Yes I think so too. Even prescriptions are more straightforward the chemist just collects and sends a text when itā€™s ready.
This is different too. You either collect it from the chemists or have it delivered if youā€™re on their list and unable/unwell to collect it yourself.
Youā€™re not notified, you either ring them or take a chance and call in and see if itā€™s there/ready.

It must depend on whereabouts in NI you live, because thatā€™s not my experience, or a friends and one of my neighbours. We have different GPs but all in the same Health Centre.
Yes maybe they all must be doing their own thing ?

This is different too. You either collect it from the chemists or have it delivered if youā€™re on their list and unable/unwell to collect it yourself.
Youā€™re not notified, you either ring them or take a chance and call in and see if itā€™s there/ready.
Boots lift mine and text when it's ready .

My doctors is a joke at the moment. I rang a few weeks ago asking if I could be prescribed pain for a really bad back. A doctor eventually rang me back and told me they wouldnā€™t asses me at the surgery and advised me to go to a&e. Felt this was extreme but was desperate for some pain relief. Was there for 3 hours being sent from dept to dept, to eventually be told they wouldnā€™t give me anything due to being pregnant, even tho Iā€™d been prescribed codeine in a previous pregnancy for the same thing and it was on my medical notes. I left in tears barely able to walk because of the pain.

Iā€™m 33 week today and Iā€™ve had one midwife appointment. Itā€™s ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.