Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m half way through my pregnancy, if I’d been pregnant in the last lockdown I’d have been put on paid leave, it doesn’t apply for this lockdown though. How does that make sense?
This is what annoyed me. I ended up taking some unpaid leave so I could leave early. Most customers just didn't care about social distancing once they were inside and I didn't feel safe 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Never considered people working in shops judging what you’re buying this time around.

Bet they judge me hard as my weekly shop probably just looks like non essentials ... Trolley full of Doritos, Christmas chocolate, pizza and cans of Diet Coke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My middle child has woken up not feeling well. She's got a stuffy nose, it hurts for her to breath in. Can still smell a bit but her nose is blocked, no temp, no cough but can taste. Her friend had a cold last week and I'm telling myself it's just that but there's that dread feeling too. Before 2020 I was never phased by illness, would send the kids in unless it was d&v or they were really unwell but now I'm a twitchy mess everytime we get this.
Mines the same heard her cough twice during the night, I was on high alert. Went in her room she’s face down with the pillow over her heard seemingly trying to suffocate herself in her sleep 🥴🤦‍♀️. No coughing since 🤞

Reactions: 3
What was allowed to open/happen in the higher tiers before?
I’m down south so have been luckier so far.
Just wanting to prepare for what might come? I’m desperate to get back to my job

Reactions: 2
Never considered people working in shops judging what you’re buying this time around.

Bet they judge me hard as my weekly shop probably just looks like non essentials ... Trolley full of Doritos, Christmas chocolate, pizza and cans of Diet Coke 😂
Back in April people would be queuing outside my work for over an hour and they’d just be buying a lottery ticket. I wouldn’t say I judged them, but I couldn’t be arsed joining a massive queue for one thing.

Reactions: 6
I also work in a supermarket, it bothers me when people come all the way in to buy just one bottle of wine or one bottle of beer, that’s hardly essential, but doesn’t bother me if they’re buying non essential stuff alongside their main shop. But I am gratefuI to have a job, and I am grateful that I have a reason to get out of the house!

I’m half way through my pregnancy, if I’d been pregnant in the last lockdown I’d have been put on paid leave, it doesn’t apply for this lockdown though. How does that make sense?

There’s a child in my daughters yr1 class that tested positive (so did 3/4 of the family). They’re isolating but because they tested positive 48hrs after they were last in school, nobody else has to isolate, not even the class teacher. This also doesn’t make sense to me.
I thought pregnancy was a factor this lockdown , we’ve just had two girls at work . One a nurse and one who is admin been pulled from work once they hit third trimester

I thought pregnancy was a factor this lockdown , we’ve just had two girls at work . One a nurse and one who is admin been pulled from work once they hit third trimester
Only if you’re over 28 weeks with a health condition such as heart disease apparently.

I have no desire to celebrate Christmas this year, I was hopeful lockdown would continue so it was an excuse to stay at home. I suspect being down South we will be in a lower tier.

I don’t see the point in this lockdown if were just going to open up for Christmas, we are going to pay come mid January and then what, are people going to follow it?

Reactions: 5

People just come in for something to do, they’re bored and have nowhere else to go 😃

Reactions: 6
There's a status going round on Facebook that the only way they'll get people to comply with lockdown in January is if they call it 'hibernation '.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There's a status going round on Facebook that the only way they'll get people to comply with lockdown in January is if they call it 'hibernation '.
I actually think that sounds quite lovely. Maybe hibernation should be a thing every January. It’s usually freezing cold, wet and miserable, I’m broke and none of my clothes fit anymore! I don’t think I do actually venture out much until late February.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Only if you’re over 28 weeks with a health condition such as heart disease apparently.
Must be different when working for nhs as my two friends are fit and well and are only going off because third trimester puts them as high risk

Reactions: 1
I hate Jan anyway.

I'm more than happy to spend Xmas with my mam and sister then hibernate for Jan. Stock up on hot chocolate, ask for new pj's and slippers for Xmas and hope Netflix /Disney plus release a load of great binge watch material

See you in Feb 👌👌

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well in that case I've been "hibernating" during LockyD 2. I just want to stay safe. Only visited essential shops twice and shared a bit of rather remote dog walking.

Good news though that numbers in my area are falling, as well as the R number. 😁

Reactions: 1
My friend works in the big Tesco in our town and keeps moaning about people buying non essential Christmas stuff.

I've not been in any shops because shielding, but I told her I do kinda get it. People want to try to lift their spirits and decorating for Christmas is one of few freedoms people have left presently
Well if the shop sells it she can’t really complain🤷🏻‍♀️

I do my shop in 2 different shops. Main shop In aldi where I get all my veg and ‘sensible’ things, then I go into the farmfoods next door and buy utter shite😂 god knows what people must think of my Farmfoods trolley but they haven’t seen my Aldi trolley so duck them. People should stop worrying so much about what other people buy, essential is subjective.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah how would they know ? you could just send them anyway especially if you had to work .

No the school texted to say they want proof via email before the child can return (if neg) 😂 otherwise they can't return inside 14 days ...maybe it's their own policy?
When i filled out the test bits it did ask me for the name of the school the child attends. So prehaps if it's a positive result they automatically inform the school and then a negative they just rely on word from the parents.
Seems a bit silly to me though but there must be a reason behind it. I would feel safer knowing the suspected case had to show proof of the negative result before returning.

I’m sorry you’re not going to be able to have your usual family Christmas, that’s really unfair all round. Although I do understand your parents reservations.

If you were in a position to, would you consider keeping your kids out of school for 2 weeks before Christmas to isolate them and allow your parents to come round?

Please don’t be offended by my asking this - it is in no way a “dig” at you or anything as such. I don’t have kids myself but I’m genuinely quite curious whether any families will take measures such as this to ensure they can have a wider family Christmas.
I would do this and my husband and I have discussed it. More for the fact we can have a guaranteed covid free christmas.
We both work but neither work closely with people, so we're able to completely distance from others.
I hope the schools relax the fines for that last week. A lot of time in that week in primary is spent doing 'fun' things like crafts, dvds, songs, parties etc, all lovely and nice for children socially but not educationally essential.

On the whole christmas topic, I personally feel pissed that we have to have tougher tiers just for a week at christmas. We have birthdays and a wedding anniversary in that Christmas week but I would still prefer to have no mixing and lesser restrictions before and after.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Well sounds like everyone in Tesco must have been judging me this morning. Went in for 3 packets of toaster waffles, grapes and ice pops.
Very essential when morning sickness makes me throw everything else up.
Keep your judgey thoughts to yourself! 😂

I have to go every day for one one two things because I don’t know what I will be able to eat that day.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.