Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Covid, christmas, lockdowns & vaccines.

• I'm prepared for more lockdowns to have Christmas meetups

Votes: 110 26.2%
  • I want lockdowns to end ASAP and aren't bothered about Christmas meetups

Votes: 230 54.8%
  • I have knowingly broke lockdown rules and I don’t plan on doing differently.

Votes: 66 15.7%
  • I have unintentionally broke rules and feel awful

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • I have not broke rules and I won’t

Votes: 96 22.9%
  • I would accept a vaccine now

Votes: 95 22.6%
  • I won’t accept a vaccine

Votes: 92 21.9%
  • Those who refuse vaccinations should be refused treatment

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • It’s everyone’s choice what they want to do, treatment should be available for all.

Votes: 147 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing from

It's all about Christmas now, latest news seems to be scientists telling us that five days off lockdown for Christmas will mean 25 days new lockdown and/or burying our families, doom and gloom reins :(

Congrats to @SarahGard83 for her cancer-beating news

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It's not worth it, as crappy as it is the 5 days off is stupid imo. I wouldn't take the risk especially with older relatives, who wants to pass covid to grandma just to see her at dinner 🙄🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@SarahGard83 wonderful news ! Tried to quote your post but the thread was full. You’ve really been through it, you deserve a break and I’m chuffed your news is so positive. Socially Distanced hugs all round

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We don't have famy that live close by, so every year it is just my husband, me and the dog. And we actually like it. We get up when we want, open presents, have a pyjama day. There's no rush or worry about pleasing others. We only started doing this a few yrs ago as we did not want to keep doing the 14 hour drive to his parents, and we wanted to start our own traditions.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We don't have famy that live close by, so every year it is just my husband, me and the dog. And we actually like it. We get up when we want, open presents, have a pyjama day. There's no rush or worry about pleasing others. We only started doing this a few yrs ago as we did not want to keep doing the 14 hour drive to his parents, and we wanted to start our own traditions.
Sounds perfect to me 😊

Reactions: 6
anyone else prefer new year to christmas? :ROFLMAO: dont think that'll be happening at all
also work in NE retail and have been told today i am working saturday - could it be possible the gov have spoke to the shops to let them know their plans? just sounds like a dumb decision by retailers when they dont know whats happening with the lockdown

Reactions: 2
It's not worth it, as crappy as it is the 5 days off is stupid imo. I wouldn't take the risk especially with older relatives, who wants to pass covid to grandma just to see her at dinner 🙄🙈
The problem is, for many many people with elderly relatives this year could be the last Christmas they have. I lost my grandad in October and none of us apart from my mum was able to visit him in his final months and days. He knew he was going and he also knew the hospital weren’t allowing visits which made it slightly easier for us to stomach but none of us know how long we’ve got and I think we need to throw a bit of caution to the wind, take some calculated risks and live a little. None of us know how long we’re here for and how realistic is it to live in fear or a virus, which, if you’re careful is reality difficult to catch.
Luckily my grandad was 89 we had treated the last few xmases as if they could be his last.
Quite frankly if I was an old biddy and my family wanted to see me at Christmas I would jump at the chance.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I don’t mind not seeing anyone at Christmas, husband and I mostly spend it just the two of us so we can stay in our pjs and eat as much as we like without judgement from other people! 😄 So I’d be fine to take one for the team this year and not mix with anyone. But I feel for people who are alone, I do worry about anyone who lives alone but feels too worried to spend Christmas with other people, that makes me feel so sad, or people who have family members who might be on their last Christmas. They should feel absolutely no guilt seeing their families.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We tend to have Christmas at home - would have usually visited both sets of parentals on the morning (or Christmas Eve) and then it's home to settle down for a day of mucho food and wine!

This year though - we won't be visiting the inlaws as they are bubbling with my sis-in-law and her 3 kids (her RAF husband has just been posted abroad for 6 months) and any excuse to avoid them will be taken (no love lost, can you tell?!). And my Mum is bubbling with us for a few days, otherwise she'd be on her own after Dad passing away over the Summer.

I'll be honest, I don't fancy the idea of further restrictions, but I think regardless of what is decided it is inevitable as many seem to have given up on the rules anyway.

Reactions: 6
The problem is, for many many people with elderly relatives this year could be the last Christmas they have. I lost my grandad in October and none of us apart from my mum was able to visit him in his final months and days. He knew he was going and he also knew the hospital weren’t allowing visits which made it slightly easier for us to stomach but none of us know how long we’ve got and I think we need to throw a bit of caution to the wind, take some calculated risks and live a little. None of us know how long we’re here for and how realistic is it to live in fear or a virus, which, if you’re careful is reality difficult to catch.
Luckily my grandad was 89 we had treated the last few xmases as if they could be his last.
Quite frankly if I was an old biddy and my family wanted to see me at Christmas I would jump at the chance.
I understand that, if I felt it was as family members last Christmas I would risk it I'd they were happy to.
My worry is letting people have 5 days no rules will have some people going crazy and visiting every person they have ever met, big party's etc.

Reactions: 7
There’s no way my Nan would stay at home on Christmas Day. She’s 89 and although relatively healthy for her age, every single Christmas she says it’ll be her last🙄😂 added to the fact it’s my cousin’s little boy’s first Christmas and we’ve only met him a handful of times... my Nan will 100% be gutted if everyone turned round and told her to stay at home

Although I do agree I’d rather 1 Christmas without her than her catch covid and not survive it. But I do think my family will be one of the ones that enjoys the day together regardless of rules.

Reactions: 4
My daughters school had just announced the next date for mass testing of all staff and a third of children (those that volunteered). According to school it’s timed so children won’t need to isolate over Christmas.

I would much rather be isolated over Christmas so my child doesn’t miss out on their education or parents can’t go to work 🙈

Reactions: 1
Where's the poll option for I want Christmas meet ups but also don't want more lockdowns 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I understand that, if I felt it was as family members last Christmas I would risk it I'd they were happy to.
My worry is letting people have 5 days no rules will have some people going crazy and visiting every person they have ever met, big party's etc.
I agree those that want to meet will do regardless of the rules, but by opening it up you are just letting everyone party.

Reactions: 3
What are people's thoughts on an influencer who has decided to leave their flat to go and stay in an airbnb for 1 night as their boiler has broken and she's a bit cold (apparently it will be fixed tomorrow). Her and her husband are in a bubble with her mum who lives close by as she's done their shopping for the last 2 weeks as they had to quarantine (following several months holidaying or staying in London apartments) so arguably they could stay with her or at the very least shower there but instead they're off to an airbnb.
I just wonder how other people feel about this as I am bleeping livid with how some of these "influencers" seem to think they can do what they want. It's one night - put an extra jumper on for crying out loud 🤬

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.