Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I dunno if lockdown is just getting to me, but reading this and reading actual optimism for next year from the usual doom and gloom sage has got me a bit emotional, she’s a little tear. Thanks for posting monga x
When I read no more SD I had to share 😂 x

Reactions: 5
When I read no more SD I had to share 😂 x
Especially saying actually, not everyone needs to be vaccinated for SD to end! Just gives me so much hope we are actually seeing a bit of light at the end of what I was scared would be a much longer tunnel.

Cannot imagine what I’ll be like when they actually start relaxing things, probably have me sobbing at being in a shop without a mask 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Same! It’s going to be a white (grey) Christmas for me. My hair appointment was booked for 2nd December 😫she’s got no room now to fit me in before Christmas so can’t get my hair done until January. My roots are awful. Not as worried about a cut, my husband did it in the last lockdown after watching some videos on YouTube. He sectioned it and everything he actually did a pretty good job for a first go. Although it was rather blunt and he needs to watch some videos on layering around the front! 😄
I had an appt in November that had to be cancelled. Luckily I always book the next few in advance or I forget until last min 🙈 so fingers crossed my next one goes ahead (16th December)

Now I’ve finished work I can leave my roots a bit but 8 weeks is the longest I’ll have ever gone.

Reactions: 2
If they let the pubs open but won't let me get a f-ing haircut, I will be RAGING.

Beauty businesses make a lot of money pre-xmas, and in this time of 'support small businesses' it seems ridiculous that they might not be able to open even with safety protocols in place.
Yes, if they open pubs and non essential retail but not hairdressers, beauty salons and gyms I’ll be furious. I think it’s appalling that small businesses have been forced to shut while Amazon and the supermarkets continue to rake it in. Hairdressers, beauticians, therapists, aestheticians and tattoo parlours already had good infection controls in place pre Covid and have put in even more precautions this year. My gyms (I am a member of 2) also have really strict controls in place. I’ve yet to see any real evidence that any of those places are where the virus is spreading.

I don’t have any children but I understand why its so important to keep schools open. However, I do feel like I’ve had to sacrifice a lot for that to happen, while schools seem to be quite high up there in places where the virus is spreading, but we’re all expected to ignore that.

As for Christmas, we want to go to my MIL’s as usual but we are waiting on Boris and will watch the numbers as we get closer to the day, no matter what the government say we can do. We’ve also agreed to isolate ourselves for the week before Christmas Eve if do decide to go.

Reactions: 12
I'm actually hoping we do keep some element of social distancing. I love going out to places but hate being in close proximity to other people. The thought of feeling/smelling someone's breath/coughs/sneezes when they're too close to me in a public place again is 🤮🤮🤮. I'm seriously thinking of persevering with masks in shops even when this is over. I've always been a 'sanitiser' too so hoping shops will keep the dispensers and trolley cleaning in place as well.

I know it’s going to sound so ungrateful, and
I know that it hasn’t all been the great holiday for people who’ve had to go through it and not had work to return to. I’m acutely aware that having a job right now is important and I’m “lucky” in the respect that I still have work to go to, but speaking from a totally selfish point of view, I wish I had the option of being furloughed this time. I would love nothing more than hibernating at home all winter, not seeing anybody and not worrying about being in direct contact with the virus again. The first lockdown was tough mentally and physically, and I don’t feel I ever completely recovered from having Covid. I feel shattered all the time, and I still get breathless very easily (never had problems with my chest/breathing before Covid).

I dunno, maybe I should have been born a bear. This time of year is the hardest.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The meeting to decide the new stricter tiers has finished. I suspect a news leak later tonight telling us the new details 🧐

I am in the NE so expecting tier3 and am hoping that hairdressers can open, I have an appt for a haircut on the 4th ant it needs done badly. I am currently sat with a colour on my roots, I buy tubes of colour and mix my own as I do them every 3 weeks, loved that my hair grew quickly until I started getting white hair!!

And here we go again, more speculation. Which tier will we be in, what can we do. Will we return to "beefed up tiers" after Christmas, or will it be a full locky D. 😝

Reactions: 7
If it's true the end is in sight does it really matter if there's another few months of restrictions. I think people might be more at ease with things if they can see the finish line.

Reactions: 12
Hate the anxiety that comes with new announcements 😶 I’m always a wreck the few days before 😫

Reactions: 8
If it's true the end is in sight does it really matter if there's another few months of restrictions. I think people might be more at ease with things if they can see the finish line.
This is how I feel, does it matter too much if we can’t mix for a few months now, if mixing won’t have restrictions this time next year?

I think it makes all the difference to businesses though, so I do not want things to close.

Reactions: 6
This is how I feel, does it matter too much if we can’t mix for a few months now, if mixing won’t have restrictions this time next year?

I think it makes all the difference to businesses though, so I do not want things to close.
Yeah it's businesses will suffer but maybe they'll keep as much open as they can ,if the public knuckle down for the next few months I don't see why they'd need to keep everything closed.

Reactions: 1
I know it’s going to sound so ungrateful, and
I know that it hasn’t all been the great holiday for people who’ve had to go through it and not had work to return to. I’m acutely aware that having a job right now is important and I’m “lucky” in the respect that I still have work to go to, but speaking from a totally selfish point of view, I wish I had the option of being furloughed this time. I would love nothing more than hibernating at home all winter, not seeing anybody and not worrying about being in direct contact with the virus again. The first lockdown was tough mentally and physically, and I don’t feel I ever completely recovered from having Covid. I feel shattered all the time, and I still get breathless very easily (never had problems with my chest/breathing before Covid).

I dunno, maybe I should have been born a bear. This time of year is the hardest.
I agree with this and I don't think it's unreasonable or that we should be made to feel lucky we have a job.

There are now three tutor groups off in year 8 at my daughters school (she's Yr 8). I want to keep her off but she's got really upset at the thought of it. I don't know what to do, I'm sick of having to worry about this crappy virus and who's going to bring it back.

I've actually eaten a whole Christmas cake with the stress of it all

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I know it's just all speculation at this point but I've just read that under these tighter tier rules areas in tier 3 won't be allowed to have hair and beauty places open!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I know it's just all speculation at this point but I've just read that under these tighter tier rules areas in tier 3 won't be allowed to have hair and beauty places open!
SO ridiculous - salons are so hygienic whereas most retail stores see 300-500+ customers a day and are only cleaned on a morning once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.