Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just sorted out all my son's toys in the big cupboard under the stairs. But now am left with a load of stuff to go to the charity shop which are obviously closed 🙄

Reactions: 2
What was allowed to open/happen in the higher tiers before?
I’m down south so have been luckier so far.
Just wanting to prepare for what might come? I’m desperate to get back to my job
most things where open, gyms shops etc.
Pubs selling alcohol only had to shut, those selling food could still open but shut at 10pm. We weren’t allowed to meet anyone outside our household / bubble.

I see Boris is pledging "normal life by Easter" today :ROFLMAO:

I think him, Sunak and Hancock have wrecked rather too much of people's lives, health, work and entertainment to fix it all by Easter.

Reactions: 5
Put my tree up today. Usually love doing it but felt a bit meh. Everything just seems so bleak at the moment. Christmas with family but then locked back up in the new year doesn't exactly excite me. Maybe I'll feel better nearer the time but today I'm just so done with it all

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Put my tree up today. Usually love doing it but felt a bit meh. Everything just seems so bleak at the moment. Christmas with family but then locked back up in the new year doesn't exactly excite me. Maybe I'll feel better nearer the time but today I'm just so done with it all
I don't feel at all "Christmassy", not even come December. Sounds harsh but Christmas feels like a damp squib, regardless of what Boris says

Reactions: 7
I've had a few days like that in the past few weeks, a kinda "what's the point?" attitude. 😡 I'm in Wales and I do think we'll have a lockdown after Christmas or at some point in January, so the bullshit will start again. My only bubble is my parents, and we've all agreed I'm going home to them on the Monday Christmas week until Christmas Day afternoon, then going back to my boyfriend as he's working until the afternoon. This year has been enough of a tit show without not being able to spend a few days over Christmas with my family.

• Heart
Here we go... family rift take #1...

He’s just said we will be able to spend Xmas day at his mums and Boxing Day at my mums. I replied we won’t be going anywhere. He replied yes we are. 🤦‍♀️

i was looking forward to avoiding my wanker of a sibling. A killer virus was the best excuse yet.

Fuckssake. duck you BJ.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Here we go... family rift take #1...

He’s just said we will be able to spend Xmas day at his mums and Boxing Day at my mums. I replied we won’t be going anywhere. He replied yes we are. 🤦‍♀️

i was looking forward to avoiding my wanker of a sibling. A killer virus was the best excuse yet.

Fuckssake. duck you BJ.
That really sucks, I'm sorry. I was also hoping to avoid my awful MIL and the three hour drive to get there. Johnson can't even give me that. Family, hey.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
If they let the pubs open but won't let me get a f-ing haircut, I will be RAGING.

Beauty businesses make a lot of money pre-xmas, and in this time of 'support small businesses' it seems ridiculous that they might not be able to open even with safety protocols in place.

Reactions: 10
If they let the pubs open but won't let me get a f-ing haircut, I will be RAGING.

Beauty businesses make a lot of money pre-xmas, and in this time of 'support small businesses' it seems ridiculous that they might not be able to open even with safety protocols in place.
Agreed, I’d rather get my nails done than go to the pub. And feel much safer doing so as well

That really sucks, I'm sorry. I was also hoping to avoid my awful MIL and the three hour drive to get there. Johnson can't even give me that. Family, hey.
I’m trying to avoid my MIL 😂 I’ve got my lot over on Xmas day at mine and then having our best mates over the other day my hubby is off . I’ve just said unfortunately we don’t have any other free days during that 5 days 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I don’t want a day to do what I want Christmas week. I need my roots doing 😂👵🏼🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I actually love my mother in law. She's more like a friend. I'm gutted that we've hardly spent any time together this year

I don’t want a day to do what I want Christmas week. I need my roots doing 😂👵🏼🙈
Same! It’s going to be a white (grey) Christmas for me. My hair appointment was booked for 2nd December 😫she’s got no room now to fit me in before Christmas so can’t get my hair done until January. My roots are awful. Not as worried about a cut, my husband did it in the last lockdown after watching some videos on YouTube. He sectioned it and everything he actually did a pretty good job for a first go. Although it was rather blunt and he needs to watch some videos on layering around the front! 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Well if the shop sells it she can’t really complain🤷🏻‍♀️

I do my shop in 2 different shops. Main shop In aldi where I get all my veg and ‘sensible’ things, then I go into the farmfoods next door and buy utter shite😂 god knows what people must think of my Farmfoods trolley but they haven’t seen my Aldi trolley so duck them. People should stop worrying so much about what other people buy, essential is subjective.

Oh my god, yes!!

I do online shopping and occasionally need to pop in to a shop for stuff that has run out or didn’t arrive. When I’m in I always add chocolate, crisps, a beer etc to my basket.

Folk judging others shopping need to get a grip and mind their own business. 😂😳🙄

Reactions: 8
Well sounds like everyone in Tesco must have been judging me this morning. Went in for 3 packets of toaster waffles, grapes and ice pops.
Very essential when morning sickness makes me throw everything else up.
Keep your judgey thoughts to yourself! 😂

I have to go every day for one one two things because I don’t know what I will be able to eat that day.
You want one of these..

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.