Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Already posted this in the Kardashian thread, reposting it here, wasn't Kim a bit silly or not?

I get their doing it as safely as possible but way to alienate A LOT of people.

I was a bit saddened by the party too. They said everyone was tested beforehand so therefore it was ‘fine’ to have this huge party but do they not recognise their privilege here in that because they can pay for these tests they can live their lives normally?

I get it was her 40th but lots of people turned 40 this year and had to deal with no having their usual celebrations.

I felt for all those watching who had planned and cancelled a wedding this year as they don’t have the kardashian mega bucks to just make it happen anyway. Not to mention them all flying round in their private jets whilst the rest of us can’t go abroad without worrying about catching it 😬

it really brings home the whole we are in the same storm but not the same boat thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Already posted this in the Kardashian thread, reposting it here, wasn't Kim a bit silly or not?

I hate everything about who the Kardashians are, they represent so much of what is wrong with people today and why the world is worse for it. I’m glad she got backlash, not that I think she’ll care. If she was going to do that she should have ‘humbly’ kept it to herself. But oh god, horror of horrors, she wouldn’t have been able to share more pictures of herself. It’s really way past time they crawled back under the rock they crawled out from, this absolutely shows what narcissistic, selfish, vacuous people they are. Couldn’t give a crap about anyone but themselves. I think she understood what was wrong about posting these pictures at this time which is why she wrote the rubbish she did about being humble and blessed, she only put that to try and not look completely tone deaf but the reality is she doesn’t care as long as it’s not bothering her. Empty words.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hate everything about who the Kardashians are, they represent so much of what is wrong with people today and why the world is worse for it. I’m glad she got backlash, not that I think she’ll care. If she was going to do that she should have ‘humbly’ kept it to herself. But oh god, horror of horrors, she wouldn’t have been able to share more pictures of herself. It’s really way past time they crawled back under the rock they crawled out from, this absolutely shows what narcissistic, selfish, vacuous people they are. Couldn’t give a crap about anyone but themselves. I think she understood what was wrong about posting these pictures at this time which is why she wrote the rubbish she did about being humble and blessed, she only put that to try and not look completely tone deaf but the reality is she doesn’t care as long as it’s not bothering her. Empty words.
Agreed. They are attention whores quite simply. And of course they can play the pity/victim card with equal zeal should they ever declare they have caught Covid. Just another round of "Ahhh, babes. Sorry to hear you've got blah bah. You were so careful etc etc" And then expect millions of fans to take a minute out and pray for them, just for the likes; and people would be dumb enough to go along with this farce.

Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth...........

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Wtf is going on in Europe? We knew there would be a second wave because it happens in every pandemic. The Spanish Flu second wave was worse than the first. People in Europe (France especially) went on holiday and partied in the summer. All my friends in France were traveling and posting holiday photos on Instagram. What did they expect!?

I'm in Australia and haven't socialized since March. And we have zero cases where I am now.

I don't get it. Do they think it's a conspiracy? Or have they just given up?
the U.K. government actively encouraged everyone to go out in the Summer, to see our family, go to the pub, eat out, book holidays etc. We were under the impression it was ok to. We’ve never lived under the times of a pandemic so it’s a bit silly to ask ‘what did you expect?’ when none of us even expected to still be living like this nearly 8 months down the line.

Reactions: 9
the U.K. government actively encouraged everyone to go out in the Summer, to see our family, go to the pub, eat out, book holidays etc. We were under the impression it was ok to. We’ve never lived under the times of a pandemic so it’s a bit silly to ask ‘what did you expect?’ when none of us even expected to still be living like this nearly 8 months down the line.
We were also told we’d flattered curve and the 2nd wave wasn’t coming. We were told to go out to keep the economy going while being told that things were under control. People were forced back to work.

And you have to remember in Europe the way we live is a lot more close knit than in Australia, we don’t have as much space to keep apart.

Reactions: 17
I would say as well its quite different in Australia to Europe, a lot of European countries dont have 'borders' so to speak and we have very easy free travel between countries, Australia is more remote and can just shut their borders - as with New Zeleand, whereas its harder for Europe to do so. I think as well considering cases and deaths were so low in summer that they probably didn't do anything wrong allowing people to let off steam knowing round 2 would come - it wouldn't make much difference now to cases rising due to schools, unis and care homes what people did in July..

Reactions: 8
We were also told we’d flattered curve and the 2nd wave wasn’t coming. We were told to go out to keep the economy going while being told that things were under control. People were forced back to work.

And you have to remember in Europe the way we live is a lot more close knit than in Australia, we don’t have as much space to keep apart.
I would say as well its quite different in Australia to Europe, a lot of European countries dont have 'borders' so to speak and we have very easy free travel between countries, Australia is more remote and can just shut their borders - as with New Zeleand, whereas its harder for Europe to do so. I think as well considering cases and deaths were so low in summer that they probably didn't do anything wrong allowing people to let off steam knowing round 2 would come - it wouldn't make much difference now to cases rising due to schools, unis and care homes what people did in July..
I agree! I just hate this notion of ‘what did you expect’ because looking back to July, I didn’t expect all the holidays the government actively encouraged me to book would be cancelled. I didn’t expect to have my work close their London office, meaning I now have to work from home 24/7. I didn’t expect to not be able to see my family or friends for dinner again. I didn’t expect to see 350+ deaths a day because the government can’t sort it’s tit out.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone know much about when they are saying the number of covid admissions and covid patients on wards are they referring to people who’s main cause of admission is covid? Only because I know they test everyone - and I’ve had patients I’ve seen who have been in for something like a fractured hip or stroke and been covid positive but it hasn’t made any difference to how long they were in hospital or their treatment. Maybe the number of people in ICU is more telling but even then do we know they are in ICU due to covid ... they could have got hit by a bus and just happened to test positive. Just to clarify I’m playing devils advocate a bit, I know it’s rising generally and is dangerous, just wanted to get some more clarity as to the situation.

I don't think we were ever told the second wave wasn't coming, were we?

Reactions: 5
My local leader announced in early August we had virtually eradicated Covid. A month later we were back in lockdown 😂🙈

He’s labour by the way....they are all knackers

Does anyone know much about when they are saying the number of covid admissions and covid patients on wards are they referring to people who’s main cause of admission is covid? Only because I know they test everyone - and I’ve had patients I’ve seen who have been in for something like a fractured hip or stroke and been covid positive but it hasn’t made any difference to how long they were in hospital or their treatment. Maybe the number of people in ICU is more telling but even then do we know they are in ICU due to covid ... they could have got hit by a bus and just happened to test positive. Just to clarify I’m playing devils advocate a bit, I know it’s rising generally and is dangerous, just wanted to get some more clarity as to the situation.
Ah, the most common “anti” argument on twitter makes its way here 😐 again

• Haha
There was a mix of ' this is the second wave ' and 'it's a resurgence because it hasn't been eradicated between outbreaks'.

There was quite a lot of, it’s under control the 2nd wave isn’t going to happen, we’ve done it.
I don't think I heard any of that from official channels in Scotland thankfully, and we had numbers much more under control than England.

It's all well and good trying to give people hope but that sort of thing just doesn't help at all. And then they wonder why people don't stick to restrictions.

Reactions: 2
You are correct. We were told to expect a second wave in autumn or winter, but I can't remember the reason. At the same time we were told to start wearing masks and keep social distancing.

Then the explosion happened. People went abroad and brought it back here again. Schools and unis are rife, and people of all ages break the rules to meet up, party and spread it all the more.

Then it all got messy and confusing when everyone was told to do different things, and a chap went to Tesco wearing his briefs.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

We were told we’d flattened the curve, but I’ve always been told/aware that the second wave would come there’s never been any doubt, and that it’d likely hit when the NHS has its usual winter pressures
maybe it’s where you live but things have certainly not been under control where I live. I haven't seen my friends since March. My parents came round to my garden once

My local leader announced in early August we had virtually eradicated Covid. A month later we were back in lockdown 😂🙈

He’s labour by the way....they are all knackers
Wow 😮

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.