Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I have a question to you. If you were the PM what steps would you do to help the UK during this pandemic? Shall I start then you can either agree with stuff or pick it to bits for discussion.

Firstly I would hold a meeting with Scotland, NI and Wales to agree upon an approach that everyone should take.

I'd scrap the tier system and treat everyone equally

I'd close our borders for a few weeks, no holiday makers in or out, only accepting trade imports and exports.

I'd close schools for two weeks to slow down the virus, but allow childcare to enable parents to continue working, and give parents food for their children to cover this period to replace the school meals they need.

I would not close the leisure industry.

Just a starter.
Yup I would do the same. Also though way back at the start I would have locked all but keyworkers down, and have temporarily suspended all debt so no individual or business owed anyone anything. No mortgage, no rent etc. No charges for utilities. No wages needing to be paid as a household food allowance was in place. Would have been cheaper then furlough. I would have gone harder for a shorter period of time.
What has really effected businesses is other businesses not paying what they owe now things have supposedly started rolling again.
This government has been a cock up from the start.

Reactions: 3
I think if you have a Tory MP who has voted down the FSM over the holidays, you should write to them and ask them to justify their decision. Even better if they have a public Facebook or Twitter account.
Ours didn’t even bother to show up. It blows my mind how 70% of people (many now offering their own tome to provide free food for children) vote him in EVERY TIME

Reactions: 2
Ours didn’t even bother to show up. It blows my mind how 70% of people (many now offering their own tome to provide free food for children) vote him in EVERY TIME
Labour really need to sort out why the general population don’t see them as a credible option when this shower of shite get power on the regular.

Reactions: 13
So I have a question to you. If you were the PM what steps would you do to help the UK during this pandemic? Shall I start then you can either agree with stuff or pick it to bits for discussion.

Firstly I would hold a meeting with Scotland, NI and Wales to agree upon an approach that everyone should take.

I'd scrap the tier system and treat everyone equally

I'd close our borders for a few weeks, no holiday makers in or out, only accepting trade imports and exports.

I'd close schools for two weeks to slow down the virus, but allow childcare to enable parents to continue working, and give parents food for their children to cover this period to replace the school meals they need.

I would not close the leisure industry.

Just a starter.
Yes!
  1. Simple coordinated approach across ALL of the UK, forget the devolution sham for a while, sorting covid ought to be more important. It's way too confusing for everyone to cope with different rules in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
  2. Simple monthly payment of £750 or £1000 to every single adult with a tax (or benefits) record. Everyone. Whether they need it or not. Instead of all the convoluted schemes that they have come up with which have all been wide open to MASSIVE fraud (e.g. Papa John's claiming Eat Out To Help Out when they're clearly a takeaway/delivery operation) or which have left whole sections of the community without any help at all.
  3. Protect The NHS by actually keeping it open! It's ludicrous how they panicked and closed everything down (and much of it still is closed down). As a result it's going to be *decades* while they catch up with all the non-covid health problems that the close-down has left people with. If they haven't actually died from non-covid things that went untreated.
  4. Tell the bleeping truth. There's way too much faulty or missing data and statistics. Be honest about who it is actually affecting the most.
  5. Pursue China for both damages, and truth. How is it that they had a problem at the start of the year but, according to the statistics, now have pretty much zero cases and no second wave? Either they have more to tell us about the origins of the virus and how to tackle it, or they are simply lying with their statistics?
Here's that Papa John's story

Reactions: 12
A local business is providing free meals for needy children next week. And then you see that commons subsidised menu! Unbelievable
A chip shop is doing the same here.
Jamie Oliver will be round shortly to complain that chips every day is not great for kids :D
😂 I chip shop is doing it near me too - they showed pictures of what was on offer and i thought similar.
they also said they wouldn’t ask for proof re free meals but they would rely on honesty.

thinking of borrowing a child so I can go join the huge queue they’ll be

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It's much worse that they pay £7,000 a DAY to each consultant working on the tracing app. That's equates to nearly £2million a year each. I'd like to know how they justify it.
Gove said it's totally justified no question about it

• Wow
Reactions: 2
There seems such amount of food waste even in these Covid-y times. At school, we try to cater to exact numbers but even then there are leftovers. Probably enough to plate up another 5-10 dinners or so each day (small Primary school). It seems a shame we bin them rather than give them away and provide free daily meals in the village (maybe to preschool siblings or something).

Reactions: 5
Did I just hear that people in Wales will not be permitted to buy none essential items like a hairdryer.

the duck? are they all men in power over there???

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes!
  1. Simple coordinated approach across ALL of the UK, forget the devolution sham for a while, sorting covid ought to be more important. It's way too confusing for everyone to cope with different rules in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
  2. Simple monthly payment of £750 or £1000 to every single adult with a tax (or benefits) record. Everyone. Whether they need it or not. Instead of all the convoluted schemes that they have come up with which have all been wide open to MASSIVE fraud (e.g. Papa John's claiming Eat Out To Help Out when they're clearly a takeaway/delivery operation) or which have left whole sections of the community without any help at all.
  3. Protect The NHS by actually keeping it open! It's ludicrous how they panicked and closed everything down (and much of it still is closed down). As a result it's going to be *decades* while they catch up with all the non-covid health problems that the close-down has left people with. If they haven't actually died from non-covid things that went untreated.
  4. Tell the bleeping truth. There's way too much faulty or missing data and statistics. Be honest about who it is actually affecting the most.
  5. Pursue China for both damages, and truth. How is it that they had a problem at the start of the year but, according to the statistics, now have pretty much zero cases and no second wave? Either they have more to tell us about the origins of the virus and how to tackle it, or they are simply lying with their statistics?
Here's that Papa John's story
Some of these things just don't seem beneficial.
And interestingly I mostly see people in England demanding devolution is "paused". You voted for Boris, you can keep him! 😂 😂

Also why is covid more important than devolution? England is still getting Brexit, covid wasn't more important than that.

Does it really matter to someone in Scotland that Wales has different rules, or someone in Cornwall that NI has different rules? I'm not sure I follow the logic that devolution has an impact on covid.

The £1k payment thing will massively benefit some, and be a huge drop for those who need it. When I was furloughed 80% of my wage was a lot higher than 1k.
1k for people who are still working, and 1k for people who can't work because their sector has been forced to close will just widen inequality across the country.

Last edited:
Lots of pubs, restaurants and takeaways offering food for children eligible for free schools meals in my town. Very lovely to see. Many saying they need no proof and will ask no questions, just to go in and ask for a child’s lunch. If only our government was full of people that compassionate (or just with any compassion at all🙄)
Yes same in our town ! even pre covid we have cafe's and charity shops that help feed ,furnish and clothe anyone that's struggling .Everyday on my FB people are asking for help on a retired MP's page he's famous here ,everyone just chips in to get the person what they need even electricity and heating ,school clothes Christmas toys for the kids ,white goods T.V's you name it if you're short of anything our town sorts their own out .There's cafe's that open up on Christmas day to make people dinner if they're on their own or struggling volunteers go around and give them a lift so they don't need to spend Christmas on their own if they don't want too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Some of these things just don't seem beneficial.
And interestingly I mostly see people in England demanding devolution is "paused". You voted for Boris, you can keep him! 😂 😂

The £1k payment thing will massively benefit some, and be a huge drop for those who need it. When I was furloughed 80% of my wage was a lot higher than 1k.
Agree. “Devolution sham” what a bloody statement 🤯🤯😂😂

Reactions: 1
Hope this is readable. Top one is weekly primary school cases by year group, bottom one is secondary school cases by year group. Can see why they kept this graph back until the day before half term...
That's seems to fit with what our education minister has said about the spread in primaries being low,

Same here. He is newly elected too. Our seat has been Lib Dem for years with a great engaging MP who lost by less than a 1000 vote to a young Tory MP who couldn't be bothered to show up for this vote. Our constituency has a huge foodbank supplying for so many families already and yet he is seemingly blind to the issue.

• Sad
I really hope they don't roll out the non essentials barricaded off again. How on earth can you even classify that? One of the local supermarkets barred off most of the clothes section. I mean, knickers, socks or just you know clothes in general do seem quite essential to me! Same with toys for kids or stationery as someone else mentioned.
Well they're partial to a good barricade here don't forget ,there's even been songs written about it :LOL:

• Haha
Did I just hear that people in Wales will not be permitted to buy none essential items like a hairdryer.

the duck are they all men in power over there???
Tescos in Wales will be fencing off the aisles that sell plates and cups :rolleyes:

• Haha
Well they're partial to a good barricade here don't forget ,there's even been songs written about it :LOL:
Tiocfaigh ár lá and all that 😂😂 JOKE btw, don’t want to offend anyone 😬
I was watching Mehole yesterday and thought of you 😂

Tescos in Wales will be fencing off the aisles that sell plates and cups :rolleyes:
oh duck all the way off?? What is the point of all this, I can confidently say Ireland are completely ignoring level 5 and a lot of stores have stayed open because they now sell masks 😐 deemed an essential item.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Re the MPs who didn't turn up for the vote. Not excusing all of them but some of them will have been 'paired' with other MPs who could not attend for whatever reason, and were therefore unable to vote themselves. Caroline Lucas was another notable one who didn't vote.

Last edited:
oh duck all the way off?? What is the point of all this, I can confidently say Ireland are completely ignoring level 5 and a lot of stores have stayed open because they now sell masks 😐 deemed an essential item.
good for them, tbh everyone I know thinks good on them when a business uses a loophole to stay open. Like the wolseley telling people biz lunches are ok with people outside of your household.

• Haha
good for them, tbh everyone I know thinks good on them when a business uses a loophole to stay open. Like the wolseley telling people biz lunches are ok with people outside of your household.

they’re now trying to close the loophole 😂 but another store has moved all the baby formula into the home wears section so they can keep the full store open 😂

Unpopular opinion, at this point I’m not doing anything stupid like licking strangers, but I’m not locking myself away from my family again, not a chance.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.