Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if you have a Tory MP who has voted down the FSM over the holidays, you should write to them and ask them to justify their decision. Even better if they have a public Facebook or Twitter account.
Particularly this one

Trustee for the charity Feeding Britain!
This is their vision apparently a “UK where no one goes hungry”, you couldn’t make it up.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Particularly this one

Trustee for the charity Feeding Britain!
This is their vision apparently “UK where no one goes hungry”, you couldn’t make it up.
Its absolutely disgusting. How does she sleep at night? Oh yeah, in a warm house with a belly full of overpriced, gourmet fodder.

Reactions: 12
I really hope they don't roll out the non essentials barricaded off again. How on earth can you even classify that? One of the local supermarkets barred off most of the clothes section. I mean, knickers, socks or just you know clothes in general do seem quite essential to me! Same with toys for kids or stationery as someone else mentioned.

Reactions: 14
A local business is providing free meals for needy children next week. And then you see that commons subsidised menu! Unbelievable

Reactions: 9
I think if you have a Tory MP who has voted down the FSM over the holidays, you should write to them and ask them to justify their decision. Even better if they have a public Facebook or Twitter account.
Thought what a great idea and went to look at my MPs Twitter page...

way to make myself angry instantly. He’s already retweeting about how single people on universal credit with 2 kids get £1060 per month and that should be enough for anyone.

hahahahahaha he is literally the MP for Poole. Property here is outrageous. Rent on a 1bed flat is 600+ pcm. If you have 2 kids you’ll be paying upwards of 850pcm for a 2 bed. Why can’t you pay for your transport, food, electric, water, council tax, kids clothing and whatever else on under 150 pcm? Such bad budgeting on the parents part, obviously blowing that 150 on booze and alcohol 🙄

Beyond glad I didn’t vote for him and never will.

• Angry
Reactions: 18

way to make myself angry instantly. He’s already retweeting about how single people on universal credit with 2 kids get £1060 per month and that should be enough for anyone.

hahahahahaha he is literally the MP for Poole. Property here is outrageous. Rent on a 1bed flat is 600+ pcm. If you have 2 kids you’ll be paying upwards of 850pcm for a 2 bed. Why can’t you pay for your transport, food, electric, water, council tax, kids clothing and whatever else on under 150 pcm? Such bad budgeting on the parents part, obviously blowing that 150 on booze and alcohol 🙄

I'm in Bournemouth... I couldn't agree more with you. It boils my blood 😡

Reactions: 6
Kay Burley just asking Secretary to the Treasury how he can justify paying so much money for the test and trace developer consultants, but not £20million for kids meals for the one week during school holidays.

Reactions: 17

I wish we had Caroline Flint back. Our new MP seems mighty whipped to me and basically retweets.

Reactions: 4
Our MP just blocks people from his public Facebook page when people ask him a simple question 😬 quite a lot of people asked him why he voted no to FSM, when we live in a small town on the North East where a lot of people are struggling pre-covid - he just blocked everyone who dared to ask why 🙃

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Our MP just blocks people from his public Facebook page when people ask him a simple question 😬 quite a lot of people asked him why he voted no to FSM, when we live in a small town on the North East where a lot of people are struggling pre-covid - he just blocked everyone who dared to ask why 🙃
Some of local MP’s are the same. Comments get deleted and and people blocked for asking genuine questions in a polite manner. Outrageous.

Reactions: 5
Some of local MP’s are the same. Comments get deleted and and people blocked for asking genuine questions in a polite manner. Outrageous.
Yep! I saw the comments and they had asked in a nice way. Then they took to the town page and said that as constituents who voted for him, they deserve to know his reasoning. He eventually came onto the town page, denied he blocked people and answered the question. He used a lot of big fancy words, but he may as well have just said that people should budget better because that's what he was getting at🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I did a big thing yesterday and went to a theme park. I've been avoiding places with lots of people but my children really wanted to go (we do scarefest every year) and I desperately wanted to give some normality for them. It was OK, lots of handgel (which smelt yuk) around, lots of reminders to socially distance, masks on rides etc. We did scare mazes, you were in your family groups only. But once in the maze it was difficult to get away from other groups at times. I've now got the fear I caught the virus so that's the next two weeks wasted worrying about it all 🙄

My kids had a ball though so that was the main thing

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wish we had Caroline Flint back. Our new MP seems mighty whipped to me and basically retweets.
Are you in Donny? Mayor has just said the council will be funding school meals with vouchers.

• Heart
This is funny 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I will be doing that but he will either not reply or reply in about 6 months time🙄

Mine does the same, spineless toads.

I’m going to be so disappointed if conservatives are still in after the next election. If this year doesn’t finish them off then I don’t know what will.

The Daily Mail are really sticking the boot into Mark Drakeford. Why are they so bleeping bothered about the Welsh government all of a sudden? And why aren’t they attacking Arlene Foster for putting NI back into total lockdown?

A local business is providing free meals for needy children next week. And then you see that commons subsidised menu! Unbelievable
A chip shop is doing the same here.

The Daily Mail are really sticking the boot into Mark Drakeford. Why are they so bleeping bothered about the Welsh government all of a sudden? And why aren’t they attacking Arlene Foster for putting NI back into total lockdown?
The NI restrictions are much much less severe that the Welsh firebreak.

But mostly because no one on the mainland ever cares about NI! 😂

• Haha

Ours in North Dorset is bloody awful. Only cares about the rich posh farmers and organisers of the fox hunts. Terrible MP.

Dunno but it's all fabulous news for all the people that work for Amazon anyway, they'll be busy!

A chip shop is doing the same here.
Jamie Oliver will be round shortly to complain that chips every day is not great for kids :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So I have a question to you. If you were the PM what steps would you do to help the UK during this pandemic? Shall I start then you can either agree with stuff or pick it to bits for discussion.

Firstly I would hold a meeting with Scotland, NI and Wales to agree upon an approach that everyone should take.

I'd scrap the tier system and treat everyone equally

I'd close our borders for a few weeks, no holiday makers in or out, only accepting trade imports and exports.

I'd close schools for two weeks to slow down the virus, but allow childcare to enable parents to continue working, and give parents food for their children to cover this period to replace the school meals they need.

I would not close the leisure industry.

Just a starter.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.