Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to post again but can someone, preferably you wonderful nhs workers please verify if this is possible? I really want to call her out on this but would love to quote facts
It could be possible you can be infected at anytime ,would they deny her a test ? what would happen if a person did turn out to be pos after crying wolf ?

What’s a SAHM
Stay at home mum

Reactions: 1
Sorry to post again but can someone, preferably you wonderful nhs workers please verify if this is possible? I really want to call her out on this but would love to quote facts
If she’s not working and not part of a research thing, then I’m sure the only way she could be getting a weekly test is by booking and lying about being symptomatic. The test booking site won’t let you book a test if you don’t say you have one of the 3 main symptoms.

I think there are ongoing research programmes though, my mum was invited to have a weekly test through the ONS. The purpose of these is to track spread though not so she can go out and ignore the virus

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 6
No, She shouldn’t be getting tests on the nhs if she does not have symptoms, isn’t having them as a requirement for her job and isn’t having regular tests as part of a clinical trial/research.

Reactions: 2
Hancock has said all LA have got extra funding to feed families in need in their area
This must be what our head teacher was talking about. Didn't reissue a voucher for the 7 weeks I couldn't use though and then had the cheek to say my kids had lost weight. They are well fed, just ate less mcds and didn't sit still for 6 months 🙈 both have a healthy bmi, I've checked as it's made me really anxious

• Sad
  • Heart
6 of us have got covid now in my house -
Not one of us has any symptoms aside from my 5 year old who had a rash
Everyone I know who has tested positive recently has had no symptoms - I can’t work it out
We all had positive tests too almost 2 weeks ago
We didn’t even have a temp let alone a cough

All this just makes me soooo anxious. Seems to be worse than what it was at the start of lockdown. It doesn't help reading up because now I can't get the conspiracy theories out my head! I just want things to go back to normal. I'm scared that things are gonna get worse e.g. riots, crime. I hate that MPs get paid for doing duck all and they're fine letting children starve. Their priorities are fucked. Has anyone heard if there's another strain of covid? Cos I've heard of people getting it twice, and 2nd time is worse. Also, for those who have tested positive, how were the symptoms and recovery and how much has it impacted your health?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Someone I know has just posted an Instagram story sat beside the pool in Spain. She has 2 children that are supposed to be isolating because there's confirmed cases in their year bubbles!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Everyone I know who has tested positive recently has had no symptoms - I can’t work it out
You keep reiterating this point about having no symptoms. Some people are asymptomatic. It’s not an unknown phenomenon but most people do suffer. Consider yourself lucky.

Reactions: 10
I disagree I think people that have tested positive and had so few symptoms or seen
Others test positive with minor symptoms are fed up of it all and selfishly know they’re not going to be affected by covid

I think people are tired and frustrated and the conspiracy theories are looking mighty attractive to more and more each day.
very easy to find a get out clause if you don’t believe the virus is real or as bad as it’s being made out.

I know a fair few that have it this time around, all in the north west and only 2 had mild to moderate symptoms at home. nearly everyone was symptom free. This includes someone in their 50s who has had heart problems and my friend who is asthmatic. it is surprising! seems to be more common to be symptom free?

Reactions: 3
Most people DO NOT suffer
80% of people have NO SYMPTOMS
This thread seems to be full of people who don’t want to see the truth or report anyone with a positive story and I don’t get it
It isn’t just me with no symptoms - all 6 of us haven’t .. do you think that’s a fluke?
Grow up and actually take notice of facts
This virus is killing 1% of the world - that’s a fact by ONS - stop being so melodramatic and negative

You keep reiterating this point about having no symptoms. Some people are asymptomatic. It’s not an unknown phenomenon but most people do suffer. Consider yourself lucky.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’ve just saw this on the news very sad to think this can happen to child

• Sad
Reactions: 3
up to 80% of people testing positive may not even notice any symptoms. This has been a fact from the start on the news and from scientists.

This must be what our head teacher was talking about. Didn't reissue a voucher for the 7 weeks I couldn't use though and then had the cheek to say my kids had lost weight. They are well fed, just ate less mcds and didn't sit still for 6 months 🙈 both have a healthy bmi, I've checked as it's made me really anxious
Why could you not use your vouchers ? it's a disgrace in this day and age people have to beg for food while they spend millions doing up planes to sit at an airport (amongst other things ) I hope you get sorted for over the break ..

It doesn't matter how many people have symptoms fact is the healthservice is still being overrun and that can't be disputed ..we're all bleeping suffering no matter how you look at it :rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.