Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My local council has released a statement about the FSM thing which basically equates to “we won’t help you, but here is a list of food banks, organisations and businesses that will, now leave us alone”🙄

It doesn’t affect me personally, I am lucky, but it stings when the LA literally next door is offering vouchers to their residents in need whilst covering a much bigger area. So if you live on one side of the street and need food for your kids, the council will take care of you, but if you live on the other side, you’re on your own. Madness. I’m so angry at my local authority and my spineless MP.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I think people are tired and frustrated and the conspiracy theories are looking mighty attractive to more and more each day.
very easy to find a get out clause if you don’t believe the virus is real or as bad as it’s being made out.
Yes, that is correct, and I feel is one of the reasons our figures keep rising.

Reactions: 2
I did one. It arrived Friday, I posted it Saturday and I got my text at 2130 on the Sunday evening. Couldn’t fault it
Oh ok. My mum received hers Thurs, sent off Fri and still has heard nothing. She lives in NI so not sure if this makes a difference.

How is Nottingham able to determine that their tier 3 measures will expire after 28 days? This is a new thing?

Reactions: 1
How is Nottingham able to determine that their tier 3 measures will expire after 28 days? This is a new thing?
It'll be reviewed then and could be extended I would imagine.

Reactions: 3
Can I please ask a question because I'm sure my cousin is lying.
She spoke to my aunt earlier and my aunt has been super careful. My cousin has been mixing with people, having parties etc.
She said she is ok because she is having weekly COVID tests! She is a SAHM
So disregarding the stupidity of her comment. Would she be allowed to have a weekly Covid test? Surely they take your details and wouldn't waste a test on someone coming every week so she could have fuckin parties?
Not even taking into account she could catch it in between tests and pass it on!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
My local council has released a statement about the FSM thing which basically equates to “we won’t help you, but here is a list of food banks, organisations and businesses that will, now leave us alone”🙄

It doesn’t affect me personally, I am lucky, but it stings when the LA literally next door is offering vouchers to their residents in need whilst covering a much bigger area. So if you live on one side of the street and need food for your kids, the council will take care of you, but if you live on the other side, you’re on your own. Madness. I’m so angry at my local authority and my spineless MP.
You not bristol south gkos borders?

Bristol banes and north somerset said they cover it sgc no way and all sgc mps voted against.

Freind who works local hospital so labs no direct contact patients.
3 members of her team positive and 46 hospital admissions now level 2 for her nhs trust.

We live in tier 1 over 1000 uni students sepf isolating.
Over 1000 school age pupils from sept to end october

• Sad
You not bristol south gkos borders?

Bristol banes and north somerset said they cover it sgc no way and all sgc mps voted against.

Freind who works local hospital so labs no direct contact patients.
3 members of her team positive and 46 hospital admissions now level 2 for her nhs trust.

We live in tier 1 over 1000 uni students sepf isolating.
Over 1000 school age pupils from sept to end october
I am in the West Midlands, but clearly it’s happening all over the country.

It’s all so disheartening.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Strange that it’s being reported that Nottingham restrictions will “expire” in 28 days rather than it will be reviewed. Never seen that wording before.

Reactions: 5
I feel like Boris really should be talking to us all a bit more. In March we were having daily updates. Now it just feels like we're in free fall.
Agreed. Even though he wins no prizes for public speaking I still feel like when we had daily updates there was more of an air of being in this together (kind of). Now, it’s every one for themselves. :(

The ward my sister works on is horrendous at the minute, I have her ringing me in tears after every single shift. 15 years she's worked on this particular ward and she said she's never ever known anything like it.
Staff off isolating or sick, they can't get the bank staff, hca's having to do 1 to 1 care as they have 2 nurses for 30 patients.
They've had people from red wards moved in to her green ward, staff being taken to work on the covid ward.
Her past 5 shifts she's not had a break, these are 12 hour shifts, last night she couldn't even have a drink and ended up working 2 hours extra to try and help the morning team.
They'll never staff the nightingales when they can't staff the current wards. I don't know why more isn't being said in the press about it.
I just hope all those people who disregard the rules constantly are aware there might not be a bed, nurse or dr to care for them or a family member in a few months.
Oh bless her, that sounds horrendous. I’m not surprised they can’t get the bank staff - I imagine a lot of bank staff might have decided to change career - we really should be paying our medical staff more.

Strange that it’s being reported that Nottingham restrictions will “expire” in 28 days rather than it will be reviewed. Never seen that wording before.
When the papers were first reporting the tier system and just after Boris' speech there was an article in The Mail I think that had a table, one of the columns was review and one of the others was when they expired. They were a mixture of two weeks and four weeks. Like you though, I've never seen it since or even heard it referred to.

Reactions: 2

Hancock has said all LA have got extra funding to feed families in need in their area ,maybe it's to stop people buying TV's with the vouchers ?

• Haha
Seen an Amazon advert tonight about "Lisa" getting her Christmas shopping done already and showing her in the house joking around with all her mates.

Amazon can piss off!

Reactions: 3
This article just makes me 🤬 at the government. Pursuing herd immunity by the back door?

I don’t think that’s what they are doing, they’re just not doing a very good job of slowing it down either! Though to be fair theres not much more than can do at the moment... horse has bolted so to speak.

• Sad
She spoke to my aunt earlier and my aunt has been super careful. My cousin has been mixing with people, having parties etc.
So disregarding the stupidity of her comment. Would she be allowed to have a weekly Covid test? Surely they take your details and wouldn't waste a test on someone coming every week so she could have fuckin parties?
Not even taking into account she could catch it in between tests and pass it on!
[/QUOT
so sorry to ask again, can someone please verify, maybe you wonderful NHS workers if having weekly tests is possible. I really want to call her out on this but would love to have facts. Thanks]
Sorry to post again but can someone, preferably you wonderful nhs workers please verify if this is possible? I really want to call her out on this but would love to quote facts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.