Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks Monga, I'd been checking on the BBC web page. I'm expecting West Yorkshire going into Tier 3 any day now, and the article you posted the link for considers some parts of Yorkshire heading towards a Tier 4. Do you know what the difference is between Tier 3 and 4. This is so frightening now.
I thought there was only 3 tiers ?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Rumours are that Notts will be in Tier 3 by Wednesday so I’m assuming there will be a press conference in the next few days. I definitely agree that we’re very in the dark at the minute. I think weekly press conferences would be good.

Reactions: 4
Thanks Monga, I'd been checking on the BBC web page. I'm expecting West Yorkshire going into Tier 3 any day now, and the article you posted the link for considers some parts of Yorkshire heading towards a Tier 4. Do you know what the difference is between Tier 3 and 4. This is so frightening now.
This is what Tier 4 entails
563B049E-D652-40DE-98B1-8719BD709DA7.jpeg

Reactions: 1
That's the tier system for Scotland. England's tiers 1 to 3 aren't the same as here.
Yes I can only find 3 for England like i posted above the person said there's talk of tier 4 that's the only tier 4 there is ,so maybe England will follow that

Reactions: 3
Yes I can only find 3 for England like i posted above the person said there's talk of tier 4 that's the only tier 4 there is ,so maybe England will follow that
I don't think it would be a great idea to add an extra level for England - it will just piss more people off, as well as cause more conflict.

Government should think about the number of tiers to promulgate after careful consideration, and not just tippy-toeing adding one here and adding one there when it suits. Doesn't demonstrate much confidence doing things like that.

Reactions: 10
I think England would have to introduce more tiers or else there would be a massive jump between what their tier 3 involves at the moment and what Scotland's tier 4 is. In England pubs and restaurants are still open relatively normally as an example.

I think people are letting their worry run away with them (which is understandable), but ultimately it's a waiting game.

For anyone that did the at home test - how long did your results take and how did you receive them?

I think England would have to introduce more tiers or else there would be a massive jump between what their tier 3 involves at the moment and what Scotland's tier 4 is. In England pubs and restaurants are still open relatively normally as an example.

I think people are letting their worry run away with them (which is understandable), but ultimately it's a waiting game.
It'll be the health service that will decide what needs to be done in the end .I don't think people want to see scene's like the Russian Morgue here..

Reactions: 1
Thank you to everyone for your responses regarding the tier system. We are currently in tier 2 but threatened with tier 3, and reading mongas useful links, I don't think some areas are far away from tier 4.

Aaggghhhhh.

Reactions: 2
I hope you do!! Sorry 😐 I’m being selfish. We live on the border - can walk over it, we’re tier 3 would make it so much easier if we were the same

saying that I think we’ll be going into tier 4 even if there isn’t already one they’ll make one

I’m hearing more and more people saying Covid-19 isnt serious if you catch it and are pretty much ignoring all restrictions (I’m in a Tier 3 area). Young lads spitting in the street, kids running rampant because they mix at school anyway. Nobody seems to give a shite any more. People who should be technically isolating but not (ie keeping quiet if a family member is displaying symptoms or awaiting a test because they won’t get paid if they have to stay off work too...)

If you think its bad so far, things really are on the brink of chaos I think.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
For anyone that did the at home test - how long did your results take and how did you receive them?
I did one. It arrived Friday, I posted it Saturday and I got my text at 2130 on the Sunday evening. Couldn’t fault it

Reactions: 5
Batteries are exempt from the non-essential classification (right hand column). Not defending this lunacy but they are able to sell batteries.
My mistake, I read the list wrong

My daughter is a fresher in a city that moved to tier 2 on Saturday. She is on a course that can't run online only and has 18 hours of face2face tuition each week plus 5 online.
Her uni structure means that the students who have courses like hers are based on one side of the campus, the courses that can be run online are on the other side, pure fluke but it is a godsend this year as the numbers of students on campus are vastly reduced.
Her lessons also take place in a separate studio space only used by those on that course.

There are students in her block at halls who know literally noone other than the kids in their block as their courses are purely online and one of her flatmates went home a fortnight ago.

It is working for my girl but is an absolute nightmare for others ☹

Last edited:
hmmm 😤

The influencer who put this up goes to the same gym as me.
Although we're in tier 3 restrictions so he seems to have fled
Urgh this is just unhelpful and basically means “screw everyone else”. I highly doubt the vaccine will be mandatory. The swine flu one wasn’t 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyone know which cities are next likely to go into tier 3?

Also what are the daily figures...? Late again! Ohhh dear.

Reactions: 3
I’m hearing more and more people saying Covid-19 isnt serious if you catch it and are pretty much ignoring all restrictions (I’m in a Tier 3 area). Young lads spitting in the street, kids running rampant because they mix at school anyway. Nobody seems to give a shite any more. People who should be technically isolating but not (ie keeping quiet if a family member is displaying symptoms or awaiting a test because they won’t get paid if they have to stay off work too...)

If you think its bad so far, things really are on the brink of chaos I think.
I think people are tired and frustrated and the conspiracy theories are looking mighty attractive to more and more each day.
very easy to find a get out clause if you don’t believe the virus is real or as bad as it’s being made out.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.