Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most people DO NOT suffer
80% of people have NO SYMPTOMS
This thread seems to be full of people who don’t want to see the truth or report anyone with a positive story and I don’t get it
It isn’t just me with no symptoms - all 6 of us haven’t .. do you think that’s a fluke?
Grow up and actually take notice of facts
This virus is killing 1% of the world - that’s a fact by ONS - stop being so melodramatic and negative
suppose It depends on where you live and work etc. I’d say 80% of the people I know or have met with positive tests have required ventilation - I’m bound to be more pessimistic.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I've woken up today exhausted and with a sore throat, (a slight) temperature and really bad aching muscles.. everyone is saying I should get a test but I don't know if it is worth it (weirdly I have also just for my period lol). Was it difficult for you to get one?
Yes, it was a bit tricky to get tested. Originally the NHS app wouldn't let me get a test with "just" a sore throat and the government website didn't recognise my details for a home testing kit for some reason. So I lied on the app and said I had a continuous cough just so I could set my mind at ease and get tested 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Why could you not use your vouchers ? it's a disgrace in this day and age people have to beg for food while they spend millions doing up planes to sit at an airport (amongst other things ) I hope you get sorted for over the break ..

It doesn't matter how many people have symptoms fact is the healthservice is still being overrun and that can't be disputed ..we're all bleeping suffering no matter how you look at it :rolleyes:
The code kept giving an error on the edenred website so I couldn't turn the code into vouchers. We were fine for food as food, rent and heating will always be paid for before anything else

Reactions: 2
The code kept giving an error on the edenred website so I couldn't turn the code into vouchers. We were fine for food as food, rent and heating will always be paid for before anything else
Sad they wouldn't replace them ..You'd think the Gov could have given all those cafe's that had to close because of restrictions the money to prepare meals for families in need it would've worked in everyone's favour .

Most people DO NOT suffer
80% of people have NO SYMPTOMS
This thread seems to be full of people who don’t want to see the truth or report anyone with a positive story and I don’t get it
It isn’t just me with no symptoms - all 6 of us haven’t .. do you think that’s a fluke?
Grow up and actually take notice of facts
This virus is killing 1% of the world - that’s a fact by ONS - stop being so melodramatic and negative
From the photo you posted of your son I wouldn’t say none of you have symptoms. I also wouldn’t consider “all 6 of us have it” as a positive story or something to boast about. Which it sounds as if you’re doing. People have different experiences on this thread, you know fine well that there’s numerous frontline nhs staff and people who are bereaved so please stop telling people to grow up and stop being melodramatic as if your very limited experience is the only one that’s valid.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yikes we're down to 9 ICU beds now ,,our healthservice is ready to burst and more people under 50 are in the beds.They might have to move services to ROIhttps://www.irishtimes.com/news/hea...ut-pressure-on-services-in-republic-1.4391125

6 of us have got covid now in my house -
Not one of us has any symptoms aside from my 5 year old who had a rash
Everyone I know who has tested positive recently has had no symptoms - I can’t work it out
We all had positive tests too almost 2 weeks ago
We didn’t even have a temp let alone a cough
I thought you were only to get tested if you had symptoms?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Forgive me if this has already been posted,

Good old "caught by social media", people will never learn will they.
This is bad though because they have repeatedly used the argument that people can’t be fined after the fact for Margaret Ferrier, Cummings, Stanley Johnston, Sammy Wilson etc but average joe can...

Everyone I know who has tested positive recently has had no symptoms - I can’t work it out
So why are your whole family and everyone else you know taking covid tests when you have no symptoms in the first place? Hmm

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
At least if the entire family did get tested with no symptoms then they are all now isolated and not spreading it.

I have followed the rules and kept my 2 year old isolated following an outbreak at nursery, she’s had no symptoms so I haven’t tested, the rest of us have carried on with my eldest in school, me at the hairdressers etc (with one adult obs at home with her at all times). Unbeknown to us we all could be asymptomatic and spreading it all over 🙈

Reactions: 7
I’ve heard a range of positive tests from no symptoms to requiring ventilation - my 18 year old niece is very fit and it knocked her off her feet, like a flu. This was beginning of October, and she’s getting out of breath walking still. My nephew is 21 and barely had anything. A 50 year old guy who lives not too far from me required ventilation. A woman in her late 30s, overweight got hospitalised with pneumonia. Then there’s a good dozen people I’ve heard about having zero symptoms (tested as a close contact, because of where they work or lying to get a test). It’s really bizarre.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have believed from early doors that your chance of catching it and how severely must related to some sort of genetic makeup. There are people in their 80/90s with health problems making a full recovery yet people in their 30s, perfectly healthy dying or getting long covid. This is not a disease that gets everyone equally and that’s part of why this isn’t a case of either letting people go back to normal and shielding those with health problems.

And this is why it was so important to social distance regardless of symptom or test results 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I’ve just saw this on the news very sad to think this can happen to child
Jack sounds really lovely and his story should be told to young and old to be careful and look after yourself.

I only know of one person who has Covid - my mum. She was getting forgetful at times, but we could still talk to each other and have a laugh. Then at the end of April had a UTI which didn't clear. Went to hospital, all admissions given C19 tests and she was positive. To cut a long and very upsetting story short, the consultants told me Covid had racked her brain. I can no longer converse with her.

It's attacking more people in different ways, and The Lancet wrote about the dementia like symptoms and the research being undertaken. I've given them permission to use mum in their research if it helps prevent anyone else suffering this way.

It's not only the patients who suffer, but also their family. I speak from experience, and I wish Jack all the luck in the world with his recovery.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I disagree I think people that have tested positive and had so few symptoms or seen
Others test positive with minor symptoms are fed up of it all and selfishly know they’re not going to be affected by covid
My BIL is like this. He is a frontline NHS worker and had his neighbours round the other night in a tier 3 area. As far as he’s concerned he and his wife are healthy so if they get Covid it’s not a big deal. Lock up the vulnerable and be done with it. I’m pregnant so in vulnerable group and still working (although not frontline to reduce risk from people like him) but he doesn’t seem to care or realise.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
It really does seem like some horrible lottery of how badly it affects people. So far no one in my direct circle of family or friends has caught it. Like @JoeBloggs says, we hear of 90 year olds bouncing back like Dick Van Dyke dancing on a table, and then fit runners in their 30s dying. It really does seem so bizarre and unpredictable.

Reactions: 7
I’ve heard a range of positive tests from no symptoms to requiring ventilation - my 18 year old niece is very fit and it knocked her off her feet, like a flu. This was beginning of October, and she’s getting out of breath walking still. My nephew is 21 and barely had anything. A 50 year old guy who lives not too far from me required ventilation. A woman in her late 30s, overweight got hospitalised with pneumonia. Then there’s a good dozen people I’ve heard about having zero symptoms (tested as a close contact, because of where they work or lying to get a test). It’s really bizarre.
Some neighbours of mine both had it. Early 40’s, he think he’s caught it at work in a factory back in March. Was poorly, but not too bad. His wife caught it and was so ill she could barely get up and down the stairs and felt awful for weeks. Both slim, fit and healthy. So it just shows that if effects everyone differently. Their kids either didn’t catch it, or if they did were asymptomatic.

Reactions: 4
Yes, it was a bit tricky to get tested. Originally the NHS app wouldn't let me get a test with "just" a sore throat and the government website didn't recognise my details for a home testing kit for some reason. So I lied on the app and said I had a continuous cough just so I could set my mind at ease and get tested 😅
If you don’t have one of the three cardinal symptoms then you really shouldn’t be lying to get a test. I know plenty of people have non specific viral symptoms and turn out to have COVID but there isn’t an unlimited supply of tests.

Reactions: 3
This is bad though because they have repeatedly used the argument that people can’t be fined after the fact for Margaret Ferrier, Cummings, Stanley Johnston, Sammy Wilson etc but average joe can...

So why are your whole family and everyone else you know taking covid tests when you have no symptoms in the first place? Hmm

---- With Margaret Ferrier she was just days before the law was changed to allow fines. I think if it was a few days later she would have been fined. Obvs with Cummings he would have got away with it, instead with he'll probably get an MBE for services towards parenting. The Stanley Johnson rule breaks I know of were pre-fines or via loop holes I think.

When Corbyn was seen in that photo with more than 6 people he accepted a £1000 fine which I think the labour party must have sought out as the fine was issued pretty much the following day whereas normally I'm sure would take longer to issue.

I have believed from early doors that your chance of catching it and how severely must related to some sort of genetic makeup. There are people in their 80/90s with health problems making a full recovery yet people in their 30s, perfectly healthy dying or getting long covid. This is not a disease that gets everyone equally and that’s part of why this isn’t a case of either letting people go back to normal and shielding those with health problems.
I completely agree. My Dad has unfortunately had it very bad, he was in hospital for 4 months, on a ventilator for one of those and now in a care home getting rehab. He was in perfect health before. My mum must have been exposed but showed no symptoms whatsoever.

Near the start they asked mum's permission to take DNA samples to feed into research to see if they could identify any link

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Here's an interesting stat for you; Yesterday, in England's hospitals there were no Covid-19 deaths at all!
91 people died in hospitals in England who had tested positive for Covid-19, but all patients had known underlying health conditions and were aged between 44 and 95. If you probe a little deeper and check the daily figures of how many people died of Covid with NO underlying health conditions, the figure is very very small and on most days is less than 10!

Obviously every death is a tragedy for their loved ones but if the majority of people dying with Covid are those who have chronic illnesses that significantly shorten their life expectancy, why is the government continuing to effectively keep fit and healthy people of all ages prisoners in their own homes when the risk is so tiny?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.