Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really hope this tweet is fake 🤦‍♀️

View attachment 288260
I think the supermarkets are the ones being stupid and lacking in common sense here. I went to Sainsbury’s earlier and wanted to buy a magazine, they were taped off. Also taped off were the birthday cards! Yet my mum went to Morrison’s and the cards and magazines are still available. So in one you can buy them in one but the other you can’t? Ridiculous.

Reactions: 11
Really hope this tweet is fake 🤦‍♀️

View attachment 288260
I really hope this is fake, but if its not the Welsh government needs to sort this now. How on earth they think its up to them to decide if a women needs a sanitary product is absolutely unexplainable. I totally understand the idea behind it in terms of making it fair for other shops but preventing people buying necessities is not ok.

Reactions: 10
the plot thickens... apparently not! Serious lack of common sense here!

View attachment 288265
Toothpaste isn’t essential? So what are we meant to do? Let our teeth rot? The manager of that Tesco is a bleeping idiot. Though I will say Tesco is my least favourite supermarket and I don’t go in one unless I absolutely have to. They use bully boy tactics with smaller independent shops and treat their staff like tit.

Reactions: 16
Had a sore throat on Saturday morning (since gone)
Said it to my mam....

“Ah that will be the weather are you wearing warm clothes” 😂😂😂😂😂

mid pandemic in Ireland 😂 and to be fair I’d probably have said the same 😂
Do you take your coat off when indoord or you wont feel the benefit.
I always remember my mam saying if i dont eat my fruit i would get skurvy.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
bleeping monkeys running the asylum at this point

Do you take your coat off when indoord or you wont feel the benefit.
I always remember my mam saying if i dont eat my fruit i would get skurvy.
Im still convinced the main component in the Covid vaccine will be flat 7up

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It would appear its a mistake on Tescos part, they need to be ashamed.

Baby products non essential? But health and BEAUTY is?!

edit to add it does say exceptions to baby products but why are some baby products classed as non essential 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6

edit to add it does say exceptions to baby products but why are some baby products classed as non essential 🤦‍♀️
I'd imagine it means clothing. Which in my eyes is essential but I know they've stopped clothes being bought in the supermarkets.

Reactions: 1

The make up aisle in Sainsbury’s was closed off, but the sanitary and dental products were available.

Reactions: 2

That list is so stupid I don’t know where to begin. Baby products classed as nonessential, whilst pet care is classed as essential. So you can buy a cute little winter coat for your dog but you can’t buy a snowsuit for your baby? Don’t get me started on plants and flowers being considered essential. A bleeping flower isn’t going to feed and clothe people’s kids.

It’s this sort of lunacy that is going to cause civil unrest.

Reactions: 8
Went into a Tesco yesterday with a clothing area, apparently it’s ok to buy
Kids tights/unicorn socks
Baby grows
Adult boot slippers ( the pricey ones)
One type of sports bra, 🤷‍♀️
3 work out tops in a size 20,
“Gift” set PJ’s
and A bleeping massive Dressing gown.
I really hope this was just a stock issue or a lazy worker.

these changes only happened yesterday, I assume the Irish government (who have brought in level 5 on impulse and fucked over the country by doing so - going by latest figures, not just my opinion - are now looking to Wales for inspiration!!)

What’s the alternative though? Someone with some training treating the sick or people dying in ambulances and in corridors with no staffing?

As I said before by no means perfect, but additional capacity is better than nothing?
Someone with 6 months training will be perhaps able to administer basic first aid - applying a bandage or sling, doing basic life support etc. I spent 6 years in university, I have 2 degrees and postgraduate medical membership exams, I’ve been a doctor for 7 years and I still am still 4 years away from being a consultant in my specialty. There is still a lot I do not know - the more I learn the more I realise I don’t know yet. There is nothing more dangerous than sending somebody with insufficient training out to care for patients and instilling them with the confidence that they can do it. It costs lives.
We have medical students who are coming to the end of 5 years of undergraduate medical training and they are often a bit of a hindrance (in the nicest way, we have all been there) but they are being asked to step up further than ever before and it makes me nervous, it makes them nervous! A lay person off the street would be able to be a porter, to fetch food and drink and blankets etc but this isn’t Florence Nightingales times. Even learning to conduct an adequate physical examination takes years of practice and training.

Sorry for the rant. The degeneration of standards of training in the NHS and recruitment of inadequately trained individuals to do the jobs of doctors and nurses is a subject close to my heart.

I think the supermarkets are the ones being stupid and lacking in common sense here. I went to Sainsbury’s earlier and wanted to buy a magazine, they were taped off. Also taped off were the birthday cards! Yet my mum went to Morrison’s and the cards and magazines are still available. So in one you can buy them in one but the other you can’t? Ridiculous.
It’s crackers! I imagine these measures are made to reduce time spent in the shop but if i really wanted a magazine or crossword puzzle then I would just go to a second shop to get one - increases your contacts with people and potentially spreads disease. Makes no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Myself, partner and 4 kids all tested positive over a week ago, no symptoms in any of us except my 5 year old son had the most horrendous rash all over him, no temp and he wasn’t ill it was literally his skin. Is almost faded to nothing now. Seems like the symptoms are changing as none of us would’ve known we have it if it wasn’t for testing - and none of our temps have risen above 36.3

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
The only thing I would say about this idiotic supermarket policy is not to vent your frustrations out on the staff!

To use the well-worn trope, they're just following orders, and don't deserve the anger and venting that I've been reading about elsewhere from irate customers totally confused with this shite. I am just appreciative that these guys are actually coming into work to help the best they can despite putting their own lives at risk from catching the bug.

Best thing to do is email the supermarket HQ, or the local media, or the local government HQ (especially the Welsh Assembly), and vent your feelings (in a pragmatic way if possible), and let them know they're bleeping idiots (Sorry!:rolleyes:)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just come over to say my bit. Am working in a seaside gift shop on the South Coast as we speak. The place is teeming with people and their kids. Whole families. On holiday. Welsh accents, Northern accents you name it. Now I reckon if you live in Wales and you got kids and you're in half term lockdown then what better than to head south where you can have a nice old holiday with no restrictions. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad

Those baby products on the right are exceptions so at least that’s something. Still so unfair on parents. Especially new parents - my friends due a baby in November, why should her baby go without?? A baby’s food and hygiene needs are no less important than an adults.
I also don’t understand the rationale that DIY and plants/flowers are essential, but stationery, office equipment and computer accessories aren’t - given how many people will be working from home?

Welsh government seems to be on a power trip. Surely these measures are trivial and not worth the grief they are causing?

Not sure if I’m allowed to post but this was my child’s only symptom

Rash on child’s body - photo removed by mod

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.