Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I despise it when I go out for dinner and they insist on seating me next to another couple. Particularly when the restaurant is bloody half empty. The amount of times I’ve asked to move table. Much to my husband’s disgust. I do not want to sit there and listen to someone else’s convo.
I am never brave enough to ask to move 🙈 I should really cos then I just sit there fuming at the fact I’m too near someone else 😂

pandemic perks! Though I’m sure as soon as this is over they’ll be back to this to get the revenue back up 😬

Reactions: 9
I love the distancing in restaurants etc but not cos I’m a germophobe just cos I am anti social 😂
Yeah me too I love it. Now when you see people you know in the pub you have a great excuse to not have to go up and talk to them hahaha

Reactions: 4
I like how quiet cafes and restaurants are now. Although I still avoid going to them it is nice to have some crowd control. Also finding masks are a good way to keep your face warm on a cold autumnal day.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So last week I finally got the call to confirm I’m coming off furlough (and going back full tome, not part time on the new scheme) when the scheme ends after seven long months. I knew not working was affecting my mental health, but I didn’t realise how much until I finally got the confirmation...it’s like a huge weight has been lifted.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Now that fiancé and I have done what we needed to do to reorganise our wedding (I even said yes to the dress today!) We've decided that it's best if I start to shield again. I'm on the other side, where having to be out is more damaging to my mental health just because of the anxiety of it all. I have physical health problems (which meant I had to shield for march lockdown) and have been really poorly for over a month due to wedding, work and uni stress and needing to go out has added to that really 😭

Luckily I work from home and I study with Open Uni because of my health anyway. I just feel guilty for my fiancé as he will return to work and food shop life but he suggested it may be for the best and I had already thought of it 😔 who knows how long it'll be for, or if its even necessary for me anymore

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I am never brave enough to ask to move 🙈 I should really cos then I just sit there fuming at the fact I’m too near someone else 😂

pandemic perks! Though I’m sure as soon as this is over they’ll be back to this to get the revenue back up 😬
This happened to me today and it really fucked me off. The staff made me feel really awkward for asking to move seats when th y sat a family at the next table which was about 1m away.

Lots of tables were at most 1/2m apart.... I've since complained to the manager. They said it's fine as tables can be 1m if customers are sat back to back.... Maybe so but I was sat sideways to another table. Urgh it grinds my gears. I want to go out and help the economy, but do it safely.

Tier 3 here and just had the news we are cancelling ALL routine orthopaedic cases ( we had halved the amount of lists) to redeploy the theatre staff to covid wards and the sister hospitals itu.
I need to find a new career, I’m not changing jobs every winter putting myself and family at risk 😢
I find this so concerning. Has it not already been noted how behind everything is with surgery? I cannot believe they are going to do this again. Is your hospital appearing overwhelmed by covid?

Ended up at a&e today. Woman walks in and takes a seat. She then proceeded to remove her face covering and cough all over before putting it back on 🤢
What is wrong with people? What a damn moron.

I’ve decided post Covid the sanitiser can stay 🤣

Never thought about it before but I hate going in public loos and you have to physically touch the door on exit, after you’ve washed your hands, glad for sanitiser now 🤮
I used to always grab a paper towel, open the door with it and fling it in the bin (next to the door there's usually one), lol.

I like how quiet cafes and restaurants are now. Although I still avoid going to them it is nice to have some crowd control. Also finding masks are a good way to keep your face warm on a cold autumnal day.
Yes, was -27 here today and my mask kept me toasty while out, lol.

I also hate using public toilets, both pre covid and now. I usually use tissue to open the door too cos you never know what mingers haven't washed their hands 🤢
I too LOVE having the sanitizers everywhere. I always used it before and was lucky that I had a few bottles stocked up cos as soon as covid kicked off it was so hard to get!
The social distancing can stay too 😂

Reactions: 10
I had to make this lol...instead of the shops wrapping items up that they think is non essential..let's wrap the cellophane round our our non essential politicians instead...starting with Boris Johnson 😄

Resizer_16036799652310.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Hugs to all that need it.
We tier 1 still approx 215 per 100k last 7days.
Weirdly South west has higher r rate still but all areas within still tier 1.
We have 2 big hospitals within the city.
Hospital 1 has gone into level 2 mode with 39 patiants which means some routine stuff will be cancelled.
No idea about hospital 2 they 2 separate trusts but thourght 39 is low threshold for a hospital to be overwhelmed.
It must be worse in northern hospitals.

Been watching euro news this morning i am sure it said France had 52k cases yesterday and haven't ruled out a lockdown.
Spain declared state emergency curfew.
Belgium's struggling.
Italy greece and Switzerland badly effected this time but wasent in the 1st wave.
Polish ans Bulgarian leaders both have covid.

Another days rain here.
Not getting much sleep.
Feel so down and anxious lately
Trying put on a happy face for the kids.

Want to meet up with freind from London in few weeks at reading as tier 1 but worried tiers might change again.
Does anyone know if readings high?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Hi Fireflies. Hugs back atcha.

Reading has 102 cases per 100,000

Average country has 123. So I would say that Reading is low. Hope you enjoy meeting with your friend.

Reactions: 1
Hi Fireflies. Hugs back atcha.

Reading has 102 cases per 100,000

Average country has 123. So I would say that Reading is low. Hope you enjoy meeting with your friend.
Thanks im Bristol so reading between the 2 but might not be able to go for couple of weeks.
I feel like for my mental health i need to meet up with a a best mate.
Feel like 2020 is domestic drudgery all i do is clean cook and shop with occasional school run and meeting thrown in.
I feel like I have no life.
May avoid family in wales until spring .
I feel anxious about 2021 finances.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I find this so concerning. Has it not already been noted how behind everything is with surgery? I cannot believe they are going to do this again. Is your hospital appearing overwhelmed by covid?
Waiting lists are highest they have ever been. It is extremely busy with covid patients although no overflow of vented patients needed yet... they were mixing green & red patients on wards, so hospital acquired infections also through the roof. Staff sickness was over 900 ( including office, nurse, doctors,domestic and isolation people) over 3 merged hospitals. So they closing the clean silver hospital to relocate the staff. It’s a tit show tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Someone I know who Is a hairdresser and who’s whole thing lately has been about how they will come into the homes of vulnerable people to cut their hair, went to a pub with 4/5 other people all from multiple households. We’re in tier 2 area so we are only allowed to meet people from different households outside. Is it just me or is that irresponsible? Not only breaking the rules, but then going into the homes of vulnerable people who expect you to have been taking all necessary precautions to keep them safe whilst you provide a service. Just doesn’t sit right, the virus won’t be going anywhere whilst people are being so careless.
OT - loving your Chris Jericho name & pic.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks im Bristol so reading between the 2 but might not be able to go for couple of weeks.
I feel like for my mental health i need to meet up with a a best mate.
Feel like 2020 is domestic drudgery all i do is clean cook and shop with occasional school run and meeting thrown in.
I feel like I have no life.
May avoid family in wales until spring .
I feel anxious about 2021 finances.
It sounds like you need a break Fireflies. I would absolutely go and meet your friend xx

I’m in Greater Manchester (tier 3) and feel like we’ve never been out of lockdown :( no end in sight and numbers still very high.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.