Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just focus on the day to day and the little things to try and maximise it, where I can and what I can control.

Hope that helps, I did some counselling through work and this is what they said to focus on during unpredictable times Xx.

Reactions: 10
Where's monga when she's needed?

I can't understand how the R number can be going down when the number of new cases has never been so high. England now has R at 1.2 - 1.4 so that's an improvement, but I'll be damned if I understand what we've done to get it down.

Reactions: 1
Where's monga when she's needed?

I can't understand how the R number can be going down when the number of new cases has never been so high. England now has R at 1.2 - 1.4 so that's an improvement, but I'll be damned if I understand what we've done to get it down.
R is the rate of transmission, so whilst cases are climbing, they are climbing slower than when the R is higher.

I would imagine it’s due to more areas being in tier 3 now.

Cases will continue to climb until we get R below 1, but I’m not sure we can do that with schools, unis, restaurants and retail etc open.

Reactions: 8
R is the rate of transmission, so whilst cases are climbing, they are climbing slower than when the R is higher.

I would imagine it’s due to more areas being in tier 3 or other restrictions in the devolved nations.

Cases will continue to climb until we get R below 1, but I’m not sure we can do that with schools, unis, restaurants and retail etc open.
How terrifying is it that in March the R was at almost 4

Reactions: 6
Ended up at a&e today. Woman walks in and takes a seat. She then proceeded to remove her face covering and cough all over before putting it back on 🤢

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I'd love to know the true extent of infections in march
Me too! I know they estimate it around 100k a day which seems absolutely crazy that it got that out of hand really. I never really considered how unhygienic we all were pre lockdown 1 as it was all just normal but it must have been pretty grimy 🤢

Reactions: 5
Me too! I know they estimate it around 100k a day which seems absolutely crazy that it got that out of hand really. I never really considered how unhygienic we all were pre lockdown 1 as it was all just normal but it must have been pretty grimy 🤢
I hope that's one thing that keeps on going after this is finished. It won't though as people are grimy 😂

Reactions: 3
its a shame we will never know the true extent of cases in march etc! also i agree on how repulsive life must have been pre covid - i almost 'like' masks on public transport, and the distance thing where people aren't practically licking your face on trains or breathing into you, and i bloody love the free sanitiser EVERYWHERE i was a sucker for it before but now i am 99% sanitiser lol

• Haha
its a shame we will never know the true extent of cases in march etc! also i agree on how repulsive life must have been pre covid - i almost 'like' masks on public transport, and the distance thing where people aren't practically licking your face on trains or breathing into you, and i bloody love the free sanitiser EVERYWHERE i was a sucker for it before but now i am 99% sanitiser lol
I’ve decided post Covid the sanitiser can stay 🤣

Never thought about it before but I hate going in public loos and you have to physically touch the door on exit, after you’ve washed your hands, glad for sanitiser now 🤮

I love the distancing. I've always been a slight germophobe 😂

I love the distancing in restaurants etc but not cos I’m a germophobe just cos I am anti social 😂
it is so nice as well to be out for dinner and not basically sitting on someone else's lap, hearing their whole convo word for word and rubbing your bum on their table as you squeeze through the tiny tiny tiny gaps - keep it going i say!

Reactions: 18
I’ve decided post Covid the sanitiser can stay 🤣

Never thought about it before but I hate going in public loos and you have to physically touch the door on exit, after you’ve washed your hands, glad for sanitiser now 🤮
always hated public loos, at work I take my own loo roll 😂, after seeing poo on the one at work 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I love the distancing in restaurants etc but not cos I’m a germophobe just cos I am anti social 😂
I am the same! And the cinema now too having to book your seat. Our main cinema we go to never had this before and I love it.

Reactions: 1
I despise it when I go out for dinner and they insist on seating me next to another couple. Particularly when the restaurant is bloody half empty. The amount of times I’ve asked to move table. Much to my husband’s disgust. I do not want to sit there and listen to someone else’s convo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.