Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gahhhh it’s so selfish but the idea of no inside household mixing makes me want to cry, I’ll go without seeing anyone but it means once again not being able to see my boyfriend for a potential unknown amount of time and this time heading into a winter where we won’t even want to see each other outside
Move in together? That was advice given when we went back into lockdown by a local councilor! We can't meet up inside houses or gardens so he said if you don't live with a partner, now may be the time to make the commitment!

Reactions: 4
Move in together? That was advice given when we went back into lockdown by a local councilor! We can't meet up inside houses or gardens so he said if you don't live with a partner, now may be the time to make the commitment!
Im sure you’re trying to be helpful but as discussed way back when this simply isn’t an option for a lot of people including us. We are recent graduates on very low salaries living in very expensive areas, and financially it is not viable for us to even consider this. Nothing to do with lack of commitment we haven’t got the means to do such a thing nor do we want to stretch ourselves beyond our financial means causing other issues ..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think short lockdowns are doable for kids - a couple of weeks to ease the onslaught. In all honesty people rarely address it but I think staffing in schools is going to be THE issue of keeping schools open. Not because staff are being pathetic and mewling, most I know seem pragmatic, but because they have to isolate if they, or a household member, becomes symptomatic. Not to mention those that fall ill from actually catching it. Staff can’t cross bubbles to cover. It’s hard to get temporary staff (cover teachers also in isolation).

Reactions: 9
My Gran is in her 90s she rang me today to say no one can visit her complex and she’s asked us to come to her window to see her again before lockdown. It made me cry, she really struggled in lockdown with loneliness and it broke my heart.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

how long have unis been open? Just from when I went it used to be around the 20th of sept
Me too!! I think us dating people are forgotten and people assume you can move in together which isn’t the case! My boyfriend and I are both working from home still so very minimal risk to each other. I’d struggle going through months not seeing him again. Might just drive to his house to test my eye sight 🧐🤨
I wish I had a boyfriend, last time I dated someone was 2017, I was starting to talk to a guy, but over the weekend I found out he went to the Trafalgar Square protest and is interested/following QAnon so my view of him has completely changed :( I have the worst luck.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
As much as my son says he hates school,
If they close again I don’t know how he’d cope. Back 2 weeks and he’s almost back to his old self. His mental health really suffered in lockdown.

I’m also pregnant so my anxieties about giving birth are through the roof at the moment. I’m not due until January but I’m still stressing already 😫
Regarding schools, we need to accept that they are telling us that community contact and household contact is how C19 is mostly being spread. Community contact is schools. We don’t want them to close so we need to be open to a new way of learning for the next six months.

I will not be in a pub after 10. But I will be in school all day. Teachers have begged for the opportunity of blended learning in order to stay open. But we cannot ignore that numbers have gone up once the schools opened. I honestly don’t believe introducing curfews to pubs will make a huge difference. But sorting out the social distancing in schools may,

I know many will disagree but I believe many on this thread will agree that waiting until half term October will not be the solution. To all horrified by the thought of blended learning - we just need to get through the winter months.

Reactions: 6

how long have unis been open? Just from when I went it used to be around the 20th of sept

I wish I had a boyfriend, last time I dated someone was 2017, I was starting to talk to a guy, but over the weekend I found out he went to the Trafalgar Square protest and is interested/following QAnon so my view of him has completely changed :( I have the worst luck.
I think you’ve had a lucky escape there😅
You’ll find someone when you least expect it!! The pandemic has been hard for single people looking to date and meet people so I feel you! But you’ll find someone, as cliche as it sounds!

Reactions: 3
If we’re facing a level 4 alert surely schools and universities shouldn’t be open. We can’t mix with any group larger than 6 but schools are open mixing in very close contact? My daughter said there’s zero social distancing in her high school, she’s even started having panic attacks. I have chronic illness and my husband has asthma, I'm really concerned again that it just isn’t safe.

What will shutting pubs at 10pm do? Are people not infectious until after 10. Ridiculous. The country opened way too soon. I’ve a friend in China and he was shocked how bad things are here as apparently they’ve worn masks from the get go, unlike us who took 5 months to insist on wearing them.

I think you’ve had a lucky escape there😅
You’ll find someone when you least expect it!! The pandemic has been hard for single people looking to date and meet people so I feel you! But you’ll find someone, as cliche as it sounds!
Thank you, I ended up ordering a jacket as I was feeling meh about it all. I’m 40 so feel like I’m losing time, also did not expect to be 40, living at home caring for my dad with dementia. The whole QAnon thing is bonkers, so it’s a massive red flag for me

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m pretty sure schools will be the last thing to close. And I agree they should be 🤷🏻‍♀️

Honestly everyone was outraged at the fact people could go to the pub but kids couldn’t go to school, now they seem outraged at the idea pubs might close and schools stay open. Just do not know what you want? We can’t close everything until there’s a vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Regarding schools, we need to accept that they are telling us that community contact and household contact is how C19 is mostly being spread. Community contact is schools. We don’t want them to close so we need to be open to a new way of learning for the next six months.

I will not be in a pub after 10. But I will be in school all day. Teachers have begged for the opportunity of blended learning in order to stay open. But we cannot ignore that numbers have gone up once the schools opened. I honestly don’t believe introducing curfews to pubs will make a huge difference. But sorting out the social distancing in schools may,

I know many will disagree but I believe many on this thread will agree that waiting until half term October will not be the solution. To all horrified by the thought of blended learning - we just need to get through the winter months.
There seems to be lot of people for home schooling why not offer them the chance to do that if it suits them and their family, that would cut down numbers in the classroom .Not all kids want to do work at home it can be very stressful for both kids and parents ,they don't see home as a learning environment.

Reactions: 8
I would rather blended learning, than a full on closure with no definite end date.
So a week in school and then a week home school (primary kids) I hope they float that as an idea before they go for full closures and prehaps it needs to be looked at sooner rather than later as it surely gets to the stage where there is no other option than a full closure.
Things seemed to work fine with keyworker and vulnerable kids in small bubbles. Our school did 10-15 to a group which is what you would have in each class if you split them, half in half out.

There seems to be lot of people for home schooling why not offer them the chance to do that if it suits them and their family, that would cut down numbers in the classroom .Not all kids want to do work at home it can be very stressful for both kids and parents ,they don't see home as a learning environment.
I absolutely think that is an option but would need organising carefully - it would be a safeguarding nightmare unless parents opted in or out and stuck to it.

Reactions: 3
I think I'd prefer mixed home and school so schools could distance better but the children would also still get the social interaction

I think I'd prefer mixed home and school so schools could distance better but the children would also still get the social interaction
Like I say if it suited people ,I know most I spoke to said they thought homeschooling was a nightmare ,especially if you've got more than 2 kids .That would cause more of a safeguarding issue with parents trying to keep a level head when the kids refuse to listen 😂

I would rather blended learning, than a full on closure with no definite end date.
So a week in school and then a week home school (primary kids) I hope they float that as an idea before they go for full closures and prehaps it needs to be looked at sooner rather than later as it surely gets to the stage where there is no other option than a full closure.
Things seemed to work fine with keyworker and vulnerable kids in small bubbles. Our school did 10-15 to a group which is what you would have in each class if you split them, half in half out.
How would employers feel about that though🤷‍♀️

Went to the testing place. My daughter was sick in a bag after I swabbed her throat And she wouldn’t let me swab her nostril properly. Absolutely awful, but I remained calm which helped her stay calm and she was so brave. I hope I never have to put her through that again. Gonna be a long 24-48 hours. Gut feeling is that it’ll be negative but we are all isolating until we know.

As for parents only wanting kids back in school for “sanity”, that’s just being deliberately inflammatory based on a couple of jokey/tongue in cheek comments. I don’t give a monkeys what they do in Finland, their culture is totally different to ours.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Went to the testing place. My daughter was sick in a bag after I swabbed her throat And she wouldn’t let me swab her nostril properly. Absolutely awful, but I remained calm which helped her stay calm and she was so brave. I hope I never have to put her through that again. Gonna be a long 24-48 hours. Gut feeling is that it’ll be negative but we are all isolating until we know.

As for parents only wanting kids back in school for “sanity”, that’s just being inflammatory. I don’t give a monkeys what they do in Finland, their culture is totally different to ours.
Hope she's Ok and you're not kept waiting too long 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 1

This is false, under 18s have the lowest rate of infection by any age group and by a significant amount so the rise in infections cannot be blamed on schools alone or even in large part.

Blended at home learning doesn’t work in the normal world. In lockdown shops were shut, hospitality, offices, manufacturing, trades etc so people were at home. Now parents are working and trying to earn a living, they simply aren’t at home all day to become a teacher for their children.

Attachments

I started a new job today & had a v brief induction given a laptop & now at home until march at least.. its going to be v difficult

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.