Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had an email from my sons school today (there's been a positive case - not in his bubble), with a whole list of instructions to follow. These included that if you have a dog you are not allowed to walk it and must get someone else to do it. Covered ALL the bases 😂.
I'm not for a minute suggesting you shouldn't walk your dog in this hypothetical situation by the way, it just amused me that it was on the list.
Why the duck shouldn't people walk their dog? That is absurd. You likely don't get Covid from walking your dog outside. End of.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Would blended learning not be same only they'd be teaching 15 in class and 15 at home on a rota basis ?
A class of 15 doesn’t really take any less time to teach than a class of 30 though so where is the extra time coming to teach 15 at home?
I’m not sure how much this idea of one week on one week off actually works. Do companies have to allow most of their workforce unpaid leave every week? How can those businesses keep running? How many parent can afford to drop to half pay?

Reactions: 8
Would blended learning not be same only they'd be teaching 15 in class and 15 at home on a rota basis ?
It’s not realistic. Hubby is a primary school teacher and I’m a TA. There simply aren’t enough hours in the day to prepare work for in person teaching and remote learning. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Our school emailed today asking how we were set up for home learning tech wise. I emailed back saying we barely got through the first round.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A class of 15 doesn’t really take any less time to teach than a class of 30 though so where is the extra time coming to teach 15 at home?
I’m not sure how much this idea of one week on one week off actually works. Do companies have to allow most of their workforce unpaid leave every week? How can those businesses keep running? How many parent can afford to drop to half pay?
That's what I thought ? I can't see many employers happy with it and the other staff would have to cover the work ,don't think they'd be too happy either

Reactions: 4
Anyone here a uni student/have uni aged kids?

My sister is due to return next week and has today found out that all of her lessons for the first term are online and could well be so for the full year.

She’s committed to her uni accommodation for the year and so now potentially faces the full confined to her small room to study. She has no idea who her new flatmates are. If they don’t get on there will be no escape.

It’s made me realise that I’ve barely heard a thing about uni students returning and when I have it’s been negative. If schools and work places have accommodate people by making them COVID secure, why has the same not been done for lectures etc?

• Sad
Are Liverpool in lockdown? Does this mean they can’t mix with anyone outside of Liverpool? It confuses me as it says you can only take holidays with your household, how is that lockdown if you can leave the area? I read not to mix with anyone other than your household inside or out, is this correct? I’m wondering as my eldest has a friend there that she meets regularly.
It’s more of local restrictions than a lockdown as such
We’ve had ours in place since Friday

Reactions: 1
It’s not realistic. Hubby is a primary school teacher and I’m a TA. There simply aren’t enough hours in the day to prepare work for in person teaching and remote learning. 😔
Yeah that's what I thought ,all or nothing..

It is funny that it's on the list but imo it is actually ridiculous 😂
Surely making someone else walk the dog poses more risk than me walking him? I'd still have to touch the lead and poo bags not to mention i could cough over my dog and then that person would be touching him to put his lead on?

I'll walk my own dog with my mask on and just a quick 5 min around the block job.
Excatly. If you went at a quite time, wore a mask thiers no reason you can't walk the dog 🙄

Reactions: 3
Are Liverpool in lockdown? Does this mean they can’t mix with anyone outside of Liverpool? It confuses me as it says you can only take holidays with your household, how is that lockdown if you can leave the area? I read not to mix with anyone other than your household inside or out, is this correct? I’m wondering as my eldest has a friend there that she meets regularly.
My friend just dropped her daughter off at Uni so I don't think they are ,she didn't say anything?

Our school emailed today asking how we were set up for home learning tech wise. I emailed back saying we barely got through the first round.
All schools were told to ensure they had home learning set up for this academic year, for any periods of isolation etc.

I wouldn’t read too much into it 😘

Reactions: 2
I wish I had a boyfriend, last time I dated someone was 2017, I was starting to talk to a guy, but over the weekend I found out he went to the Trafalgar Square protest and is interested/following QAnon so my view of him has completely changed :( I have the worst luck.
Oh you should go for it, think of it as a challenge to convert him! You could also report back to us to give us some light relief 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I started a new job today & had a v brief induction given a laptop & now at home until march at least.. its going to be v difficult
I started a new job on the first day of lockdown and still haven’t met anyone as we’re working from home until at least April 2021. It’s really hard at first but things do get easier! I’m sure your employers will be very understanding to your situation and will encourage you along the journey. Good luck! 😘

Reactions: 3
You can leave the city but only with people in your household/bubble. You can’t visit anyone else, even if they live outside the area.

Reactions: 2
Media are reporting that the new rules are to be pubs have to close from 10pm. All this fuss just for that 😂 People will just go to house parties afterwards (or at least they will in my area!), I don’t think it will change much

Reactions: 13
Anyone here a uni student/have uni aged kids?

My sister is due to return next week and has today found out that all of her lessons for the first term are online and could well be so for the full year.

She’s committed to her uni accommodation for the year and so now potentially faces the full confined to her small room to study. She has no idea who her new flatmates are. If they don’t get on there will be no escape.

It’s made me realise that I’ve barely heard a thing about uni students returning and when I have it’s been negative. If schools and work places have accommodate people by making them COVID secure, why has the same not been done for lectures etc?
2nd year uni student here✌🏼 Received my timetable today and I’m in uni with face to face contact once a week for 2 hours. I have 6 hours online so a total of 8 hours and only 2 hours being face to face. Uni students have been massively forgotten about and the only way they are remembered is the negative areas such as freshers being a reason for outbreaks.

Personally I think it’s awful that students will be still be charged full tuition fees when the level of teacher is drastically less!

Reactions: 19
Had a proper meh day today 😒 Life is a bit tit atm due to my partners mental health struggles (which the stress of corona fear has sparked off) and I've got that horrible feeling in my stomach like back in March with all the uncertainty ahead! Can't really talk to my partner about it all (tbf he doesn't really know how bad the corona situation is again)
To quote something I read on here, its just a PROPER tit show! Not only do I have my partner to worry about now all the covid tit again! (Sorry I always come on here for a long rant and always apologise for the long rants) 😂 x Stay strong to everyone that is struggling x ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'll walk my own dog with my mask on and just a quick 5 min around the block job.
If you ever test positive for Covid, or are marked as a trace for someone you’ve been near, leave your phone at home for that five minutes then. Big brother is watching you.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.