Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds asymptomatic like 80% of us worldwide

My Nan has just messaged me to say she has tested positive (67, she lives in Spain, only tested because her friend got it), but that actually she feels fine, do I think she is okay to carry on smoking and is it okay for her to go collect a takeaway 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I've just hugged my sister goodbye then it hit me that if restrictions are bought in this week it might be the last time I hug her for a while. Which makes me sound really dramatic I know 😂
I did the same with my family. Said see you in 2021 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So the home testing thing... bit of a faff.

We ordered a test for my husband who
is symptomatic. The nearest test centre was 70 miles away so we didn’t have much choice🙄

He filled in details of the household - I got an email saying daughter could have test but no mention of me (fair enough, i dont think i need one)

THREE tests arrived at 4:15. Postal drop off box collects at 5:30, but apparently you have to drop off tests 1 hour before, so 4:30. Did husband and daughter, didn’t bother with me as I didn't order one and was running out if time for post box collection, so we now have a spare test kicking about the house.

Had some hiccups with registering and scanning, the process seemed different for husband and daughter. But who knows.

Raced to closest priority collection box, but hot held up in traffic, so was 4:50 when they actually got put in. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Seems to me there are a few things that can go wrong in the process, ideally they should be delivered at least by 3pm to give you time to read the instructions properly and get them posted off (was rushing to get them sent off today as understand after day 5 of symptoms they’re no good).

Reactions: 2
Remind me not to go to work again - just caught up on 13 pages 😂

This sounds nice and confusing but I suppose fair if you are in a low infection area 🤔

2C93219E-CCEB-4EBF-AA05-2C28F75D2F82.jpeg
0ECDF9AD-118F-4448-90F9-106D0C5BFBBA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
7yo isolating as positive case in her school bubble, so we’re at home which is fine, along with my 1 yo.
Would it be totally frowned upon to go for a walk along the fields nearby? They’d be deserted..and if we saw anyone we’d keep well away anyway? Just need my toddler to burn off some energy! We’d avoid people/parks etc?
As long as you're away from everyone and wear masks. There are some circumstances where you cannot stay 100% indoors. For example, I have a dog who is still going to need walking if I have to isolate. I'll wear a mask, cross the street, and not touch anything.

Reactions: 6
Praying schools stay open for all you parents on here. Kids need that structure, forget the education, they need their friends and to be able to play and have a routine😩
They can close everything,I really don't care as long as schools stay open.

Reactions: 15
I feel so sorry for all of you on here who have genuine reasons for fearing a new lockdown :( but for purely selfish reasons on my part, how close do we think we are to non-essential shops closing again? It's just that I have a pile of clothes here at home that I need to get returns on because I couldn't try them on in store :ROFLMAO:
I can't see them closing, maybe I'm blinkered in thinking that but shops around here, from tiny independent ones, to massive chain stores are so quiet, it's easy to social distance in them. I feel safer in a shop than I do on the school run.
The government also needs people to be spending money, online shopping was a bit ridiculous back at the peak with delivery times (couldn't be helped).
I'd rather have a half hour 'pop to the shops', than the 'half hour exercise' they gave us at the start 💸💸💸

Reactions: 6
What do you think will be announced tomorrow? Do you think we could enter another national lockdown?

What do you think will be announced tomorrow? Do you think we could enter another national lockdown?
I think some extra measures (curfew for hospitality, no mixing households indoors) and a strict warning that if cases keep going up we will be back in lockdown

Reactions: 12
i think so, it would be stupid for them to be preaching today that cases are doubling every week and not enforce anything drastic at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Yep, Hancock let that statistic slip out at one of the daily briefings. No wonder this thing spreads like wildfire. I don’t have the direct quote but I’m sure if you google it it’ll come up on a news site.
That is interesting... Not what is happening here. In fact, they are stopping asymptomatic tests as out of 233,000 in the province, only 140 came back positive - they think that the "asymptomatic" people actually had some type of symptom.
There is a difference between asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic though. Asymptomatic is no symptoms at all. Pre-symptomatic means you have the virus but it can take 7+ days to show the symptoms, meanwhile, you are contagious when symptoms are not yet present.

Reactions: 2
i think so, it would be stupid for them to be preaching today that cases are doubling every week and not enforce anything drastic at all.
I think it’s really silly to keep schools open when cases are getting so high again, I for one don’t feel safe sending my daughter.

Reactions: 5
I think it’s really silly to keep schools open when cases are getting so high again, I for one don’t feel safe sending my daughter.
Are there options to do school online instead? Here people can either send kids to school or do online classes.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.