Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like I say if it suited people ,I know most I spoke to said they thought homeschooling was a nightmare ,especially if you've got more than 2 kids .That would cause more of a safeguarding issue with parents trying to keep a level head when the kids refuse to listen 😂

How would employers feel about that though🤷‍♀️
Surely it would be no worse than the full closures we had?
I'm not saying that is what I want to happen now, just if there comes a point where they decide they have to close schools fully, I would personally prefer them to trial the week in, week out system. That's surely better for kids, parents and employers than a full closure?

Reactions: 3
Im sure you’re trying to be helpful but as discussed way back when this simply isn’t an option for a lot of people including us. We are recent graduates on very low salaries living in very expensive areas, and financially it is not viable for us to even consider this. Nothing to do with lack of commitment we haven’t got the means to do such a thing nor do we want to stretch ourselves beyond our financial means causing other issues ..
It wasn't me implying a lack of commitment, that's the advice given by our Town Council as we are back on restrictions here.

I was simply asking could you move in together, that's all.

Reactions: 1
I started a new job today & had a v brief induction given a laptop & now at home until march at least.. its going to be v difficult
I work for the NHS, currently on Mat leave, and everyone there has also been told social distancing in offices etc until March.

I pray we get back to normal then 😭

Reactions: 5
I've not been very active on this thread for a while. But a massive duck you to anyone who thinks schools should close. *awaiting warning but I needed to get that of my chest* 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Secondary school in my town in a hotspot area has had to send home yrs 7/8/9 today due to positive cases in each year group

I have 3 kids in 3 different year groups at a primary school. I fear its only a matter of time before one of their year groups falls...

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've not been very active on this thread for a while. But a massive duck you to anyone who thinks schools should close. *awaiting warning but I needed to get that of my chest* 😘
duck you taken 😂 No, I don’t think they should close entirely, but I think there should be an option to do home learning to those children who have vulnerable people within their households,

• Haha
Reactions: 7
duck you taken 😂 No, I don’t think they should close entirely, but I think there should be an option to do home learning to those children who have vulnerable people within their households,
There has always been the option to remove your children from the school system and home school them, covid or not. If someone wants to teach their children at home they don’t need a reason to do it.

Reactions: 11
There has always been the option to remove your children from the school system and home school them, covid or not. If someone wants to teach their children at home they don’t need a reason to do it.
I just mean do the online learning like they did in lockdown. My daughter is in high school so I couldn’t home school her myself, and I have chronic illness so it would be really hard on me every day but during lockdown we managed with online learning well as she was set work and she got on with it great.

As long as you're away from everyone and wear masks. There are some circumstances where you cannot stay 100% indoors. For example, I have a dog who is still going to need walking if I have to isolate. I'll wear a mask, cross the street, and not touch anything.
We had an email from my sons school today (there's been a positive case - not in his bubble), with a whole list of instructions to follow. These included that if you have a dog you are not allowed to walk it and must get someone else to do it. Covered ALL the bases 😂.
I'm not for a minute suggesting you shouldn't walk your dog in this hypothetical situation by the way, it just amused me that it was on the list.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Yes I strongly agree with you on that point. Was wrong of me to assume everyone had healthy households.

Reactions: 4
If you have to get someone to walk your dog because you’re isolating, wouldn’t they have to come into the house to get the dog? Unless you do some sort of ‘hand over’ at the door. Surely that’s more risky than going somewhere secluded to walk the dog yourself.

I’m glad I have a cat who walks himself😆

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I just mean do the online learning like they did in lockdown. My daughter is in high school so I couldn’t home school her myself, and I have chronic illness so it would be really hard on me every day but during lockdown we managed with online learning well as she was set work and she got on with it great.
It isn’t great for schools though, they are teaching a whole class as one in normal teaching. How are they supposed to have the time to teach the children that are in and still give daily time to teach those children who aren’t in school? It’s just not realistic to teach a class of 25 or so and still have to be a distanced teacher for an additional 5/6 children.
It was only possible in lockdown because not all teachers were taking a full class everyday.

Reactions: 7
If you have to get someone to walk your dog because you’re isolating, wouldn’t they have to come into the house to get the dog? Unless you do some sort of ‘hand over’ at the door. Surely that’s more risky than going somewhere secluded to walk the dog yourself.

I’m glad I have a cat who walks himself😆
I know. Total madness. Maybe they'll suggest tying him/her up outside to 'air' for a while before and after 😆

• Haha
Does anyone else feel like their brain has turned to mush since lockdown ?
I permanently feel like I need a break (and I have actually been on a mini break a few weeks ago!).

Reactions: 5
We had an email from my sons school today (there's been a positive case - not in his bubble), with a whole list of instructions to follow. These included that if you have a dog you are not allowed to walk it and must get someone else to do it. Covered ALL the bases 😂.
I'm not for a minute suggesting you shouldn't walk your dog in this hypothetical situation by the way, it just amused me that it was on the list.
That's interesting someone mentioned about a dog earlier ,so you can't even leave the house for that purpose..

It isn’t great for schools though, they are teaching a whole class as one in normal teaching. How are they supposed to have the time to teach the children that are in and still give daily time to teach those children who aren’t in school? It’s just not realistic to teach a class of 25 or so and still have to be a distanced teacher for an additional 5/6 children.
It was only possible in lockdown because not all teachers were taking a full class everyday.
I totally agree with you, it’s too hard on teachers to do both. This year is a nightmare to everyone, and those vulnerable have so much pressure to try and keep safe.

Reactions: 2
It is funny that it's on the list but imo it is actually ridiculous 😂
Surely making someone else walk the dog poses more risk than me walking him? I'd still have to touch the lead and poo bags not to mention i could cough over my dog and then that person would be touching him to put his lead on?

I'll walk my own dog with my mask on and just a quick 5 min around the block job.

Would blended learning not be same only they'd be teaching 15 in class and 15 at home on a rota basis ?

I have a dog walker, she’s been helping us for a month or so but now I’m rethinking if we should be using one right now with all of this happening again. We took her on as my health issues flared up again recently and my poor husband has to work from home and help me with the housework I’ve been unable to manage so a dog walker has been a life saver while we are in this situation.
What’s the risk of someone walking your dog?

I have a dog walker, she’s been helping us for a month or so but now I’m rethinking if we should be using one right now with all of this happening again. We took her on as my health issues flared up again recently and my poor husband has to work from home and help me with the housework I’ve been unable to manage so a dog walker has been a life saver while we are in this situation.
I think that is completely different given that it is an issue for you to walk the dog. I would say as long as your dog walker is okay to continue and you're all being sensible I think that's okay. I would have to have a family member come and walk him for me which just isn't do-able 1. because he gets walked 3 times a day (morning, mid afternoon/evening and then early nightime) and 2. because they also work and the majority have worked throughout the pandemic (small family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.