Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They have it right on the website though?
Try Googling any of them. I've just checked 3 at random. One I couldn't find any reference of whatsoever, one was a psychology student with a twitter profile photo of herself in a swimsuit, the other led me to a page called Healing Light Hands, which promises to 'Restore your self-healing ability and increase your life energy'. 🥴

Hardly eminent.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
This article also references the fact that Chris Whitty recieved millions from Gates for “malaria research” in Africa...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate this not knowing. We’re away at the moment for a week (in Scotland, live in Scotland). Our honeymoon has been cancelled for the end of the year (I know we were lucky to get married, but still) so was looking forward to this trip. But I feel like I can’t relax at all because I’m constantly checking to see whether Nicola has said anything that means we just need to pack up and go home!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Well I’m flabbergasted. Managed to get a test booked for my daughter at a drive in test centre only a couple of miles away for tonight! I expected it to be a right palava.

Reactions: 10
Anyone know, in areas of local lockdowns have gyms remained open?
I am in a local lockdown area and gyms are all open. Businesses are (almost without exception) remaining open as they are classed as being 'Covid Secure' in that they have procedures in place to socially distance etc etc.

In reality, a local lockdown only impacts social meet ups with friends and wider family. If you aren't particularly sociable (🙋‍♀️) it makes no difference to daily life tbh. Schools all open, people off to work as usual, shopping etc.

Reactions: 8
Try Googling any of them. I've just checked 3 at random. One I couldn't find any reference of whatsoever, one was a psychology student with a twitter profile photo of herself in a swimsuit, the other led me to a page called Healing Light Hands, which promises to 'Restore your self-healing ability and increase your life energy'. 🥴

Hardly eminent.
I am not saying that any of them are any good, it was more that the poster that I quoted couldn’t find them on the website.

Reactions: 1
Anyone know, in areas of local lockdowns have gyms remained open? Do you think they will stay open even with a nationwide lockdown? Honestly if they make them close again it’s going to be so crap :( plus it’ll be heading into winter so the whole JUsT Go For A RuN:rolleyes: brigade can piss off. The day I put all my home gym stuff back in storage was such a happy day, the feeling of actually being in a gym with other people... the thought of going back to training on my own in a tiny dark room with crappy equipment just makes me so sad and I have zero motivation. Gonna try and go as much as I can this week before we get our lives ripped away from us again.
We’ve been in ’lockdown’ for a few weeks, everything is open, can’t meet up with anyone anywhere that’s not in our household or bubble.
I was going to the gym, haven’t done classes as in my opinion they’re too busy and don’t like the sharing of equipment. (Strict instructions to spray machines and wipe equipment down but that doesn’t happen in classes)

Reactions: 2
We are voting for who we want to see on Strictly on the Downing Street filth thread. He's winning so far 😂

OMG a decision that actually makes sense.
I'll vote for Winston partnered to Anton Du Beke I can see a resemblance and Anton could charm the hind legs off him :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wonder how pubs and restaurants will be if we’re only allowed out with members of our household. Harsh on single people, and also surely most bookings are between friends/family that don’t live together. Surely they will struggle. Especially larger places, without outdoor seating in winter. Also imagine being a student and hating your flat mates but being unable to make any new friends and you’re stuck with those people. They are really bleeping up peoples lives I’m just glad this isn’t a “pivotal” time for me and it’s more of a delay than a major disruption.

Reactions: 8
Further restrictions in NI.
They extended local restrictions to the whole of NI.

However wet pubs due to open Wednesday, Arlene did say more restrictions would be coming later in the week so I wonder if they will delay pubs again.
Hopefully they do because pushing on with one type of unlocking while imposing new restrictions is so contradictory.

I know it sounds silly and from a logical point of view I can see why they would limit social contact, but it really makes me feel anxious to think that very soon we won’t be able to go inside peoples homes. I’m on maternity leave with my first baby born just before lockdown, so it was bloody hard to have a newborn in strict lockdown. In the recent months, being able to go to my Mums has been such a benefit for me and my baby now my husband is out at work. My baby really struggled with meeting people because of lockdown and is now finally getting better with people. I hate the idea that now we will be back to being stuck in our house.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've just hugged my sister goodbye then it hit me that if restrictions are bought in this week it might be the last time I hug her for a while. Which makes me sound really dramatic I know 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.