Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people on this thread are Darwinism in motion. ANYWAY...

So I was thinking, there has to be some halfway house answer to helping schools chug through peak infection season. A pared down timetable, the other time spent on home learning which doesn’t rely solely on internet technology (maybe teachers creating a DVD of classes or something) but is still
checked and marked work to ensure kids are keeping up.

Schools need a teacher for each year group dedicated to producing and co-ordinating the home learning side, freeing up in-class teachers. This also ensures work is on tap if a bubble has to close.

It is far from ideal but last lockdown highlighted that children suffer from a lack of social interaction, teachers were under prepared for giving and checking work, there was too much reliance on online learning which affected the disadvantaged and poorer children and parents were stressed to high heaven trying to juggle everything so many gave up. Teachers are still playing catch up and there is a huge range of ability per age group.

Something, in my opinion, is better than nothing. There also needs to be more transparency from schools as to the programme of what is being taught and when so parents have an idea of where their kids should be at.

Reactions: 5
So our current post lockdown situation is less than ideal.
My middle child is in Y8 and asked to see the Head teacher at the beginning of returning. This particular one of my children is fiercely intelligent but also severely dyslexic and dyscalculic so learning from home was a complete nightmare.
Talk about skip back to school, neither my child or us, could cope any more with our outdated methods, knowledge gaps and the challenge of pages of swimming, flipping and reversing letters.
TAs had been reduced to behaviour management only and had been instructed to refuse any work related input to kids, in case of aerosol transmission. Actual teachers can answer questions but there's only one of those, so in the core subjects my child was properly baffled with probably one process explained instead of the two processes their would usually be help for.
They ended up demoting a deputy head to one to one behaviour input for a known vulnerable child. It isn't really working considering this vulnerable child cracked mine over the head with a ruler within the first lesson.
Result? My child was confused AF about the work and had to sanitise the equipment this clearly neglected kid was throwing before giving it back. 😏
Then they are to spend the beginning of the lesson sanitising the desks and chairs and then again at the end. So they are cleaning for 10 mins per 30 min lesson.
My child's points are valid. 1) Why did I have to stay off school since March if I have to touch the virus on surfaces to clean it off?
2) My mum is in the vulnerable category and I don't want her to get it because I don't want my mum to die. So can an adult clean stuff instead please?
3) I need extra help and because I sit still and don't hit anyone I can't have any.
4) At lunchtime no one is social distancing. It's crowded and lots of hugging, bumping into people. Teachers are on duty but give up and stand outside so my child's friendship group are de-camping outside to eat their sandwiches outside. In the rain.
We are still waiting for an appointment.
My youngest is in Y6 and has dropped 2 reading levels. Has been put into catch up maths groups and for the first time ever, has been showing some very anti social behaviour. Things like lying to friends, stealing sweets from a bag, sending messages from my phone without asking while I was working (home two days last week with a vomiting bug)
We've had punishments and also talks about what is happening.
They are saying that since lockdown they feel like a totally different person, they want to be with other kids but they feel angry and sad for no reason. I said to my husband that, if it was an adult the GP would be diagnosing depression.
We're trying to fix it, enrolling this one in after school club for work purposes is having a positive effect. Presumably because it's more time not stuck in this DAMN HOUSE.
3 weeks ago I had the first onset of what looks like inflammatory arthritis. I've been so proud of having someone scribe for me and not taking a single day off on my metric duck tonne of steroids.
I manage 30 frontline workers. This week and back end of last week I've been liaising with the police 4 times. In 4 different areas because of abuse from members of the public. Also witness to a mass brawl between parents outside a school, about who was getting in first.
So, I can't go off work because the world has gone mad.
I've been up since 5am. I can't weight bear on my left side. It's my hip. It won't move. My emergency bloods, done on the 4th are delayed because all labs are deployed to covid 19 tests firsts and the GP who witness the first onset of my agonising paralysis is working part time only, due to guess what Covid 19.
So I'm waiting until 8am to call and report this latest round of bullshit, knowing that I'll probably be no further forward and I probably haven't helped myself by having no time off to recover because of Covid bastard 19.
If you got to the end of this well done. In summation, if you're British and unwell in any way or are a parent of a school aged child..you're on your own kids. It's all gone a bit Lord of the flies.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Hear hear....I’m sometimes not entirely sure if certain posters are just complete and utter you-know-whats ‘trolling’ us for sh1ts & giggles or whether they truly do believe in the validity of what they post 🤔
Either way it makes them cunts 🤷‍♀️

Funny how they've not commented on any of the 49 other threads then come to this one to post what they have?

That's another downside of lockdown, lame trolling while sat in their bedroom at their Moms house, thinking they are hilarious.

Quite sad really.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The briefings on at 8pm tonight? Fucks sake Bojo it’s the first episode of Bake Off 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Anyone here a uni student/have uni aged kids?

My sister is due to return next week and has today found out that all of her lessons for the first term are online and could well be so for the full year.

She’s committed to her uni accommodation for the year and so now potentially faces the full confined to her small room to study. She has no idea who her new flatmates are. If they don’t get on there will be no escape.

It’s made me realise that I’ve barely heard a thing about uni students returning and when I have it’s been negative. If schools and work places have accommodate people by making them COVID secure, why has the same not been done for lectures etc?
My daughter started uni this week as a fresher. Her course is 80% practical so is impossible to run completely online. Current plans are for lessons when all course participants are involved to be run on teams, lessons involving vocal projection are run on teams (it's an acting course), then the students have been bubbled in groups of 12 for all on campus classes, reducing to groups of 6 if the potential for spread is higher.

Her flatmates seem nice but as there are only 4 to a flat in her block stricter restrictions could be a problem when it comes to a social life 😔

This thread was a painful read this morning😩😩😩 all for people doing what they have to do to get by and help their own mental health.... but a pub lock-in...... I have no words anymore 😳🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 19
Sack Whitty and Vallence is trending on Twatter and now we have posters spouting off that it just a cold. It’s like a LBC post on Facebook in here. Once I see a poster claiming this all to control us and deflect from Paedos I’m shouting house for social media bingo 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 13
cunts-cunts-everywhere.jpg

The amount of times I think of this meme 🤣

Sack Whitty and Vallence is trending on Twatter and now we have posters spouting off that it just a cold. It’s like a LBC post on Facebook in here. Once I see a poster claiming this all to control us and deflect from Paedos I’m shouting house for social media bingo 🙃
Don't go on the favourite conspiracy theories thread then, you'll win bingo straight away 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Laughing at the Daily Fail labelling Whitty and Valance the two Ronnie’s of Doom 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is malaria research not a good thing, then? I'm all in favour of research to prevent it.
Legit, unbiased research is a good thing, of course it is. But not sure anything involving Gates is unbiased but that is simply my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
View attachment 250569

The amount of times I think of this meme 🤣

Don't go on the favourite conspiracy theories thread then, you'll win bingo straight away 😂
I’ve avoided that thread so far 😎 I love a good theory but my tolerance of bat crazy is currently zero. I now have to choose between Bake Off and BoJo so I ain’t happy today. One little glimmer of escapism stolen 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anyone else feeling the urge to panic buy all your kids Christmas presents and a frozen turkey 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Let's face it we will probably find out everything over the course of the day so we can probably still watch Bake Off.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So these children who are testing positive and closing down year group bubbles I have a question:
1) are they displaying symptoms days beforehand at school or are they asymptomatic when they are contagious.

2) are they spreading Covid19 to their parents and family members? Are they too positive but not realising until they get symptoms and get tested?

Should schools close? No
But a mix of remote learning and school learning may provide a healthy balance. Reduce numbers in a class, even if only on a temporary bases whilst we are in ‘stage4’

From what I’ve read there are confirmed case in school age children who ‘can’ spread the virus.
It’s all about reducing the infection rate.

I’ve avoided that thread so far 😎 I love a good theory but my tolerance of bat crazy is currently zero. I now have to choose between Bake Off and BoJo so I ain’t happy today. One little glimmer of escapism stolen 😒
I was sucked in as I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anybody, but couldn't handle the daftness at the covid stuff 😂 Many on there don't believe in covid 🙄😂 but I know they read here 👀👋😂 I can't be dealing with covidiots that call us sheeple. Bojo and then bake off on catch up after is happening here.

Reactions: 8
Anyone else feeling the urge to panic buy all your kids Christmas presents and a frozen turkey 😬
I am going to start getting my kids presents when I get paid this month just in case things get any worse! I can cope without a turkey but will make sure I have all the cheese and Baileys to get through the season 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have been somewhat smug this year as I do birthday/Xmas shopping very very far in advance (always have done and people took the p) but this year I'm feeling rather 😎 that it's all done! Lol not a turkey mind but if rule of 6 etc remains I need to consider other Xmas plans for eating 🤔

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.