Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
46% carehomes
23% education
Less than 5% transmissions from pubs or restaurants some guy on good morning Britain claims.
They claim phe say transmission from hospitality is less than 5%.

Saw this on fb made me chuckle

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I have been somewhat smug this year as I do birthday/Xmas shopping very very far in advance (always have done and people took the p) but this year I'm feeling rather 😎 that it's all done! Lol not a turkey mind but if rule of 6 etc remains I need to consider other Xmas plans for eating 🤔
I think we are just calling it now that we will be doing our own Christmas dinner at home this year. It's our turn to go to my mum's but that would be 14 of us from 7 households !

Part of me is looking forward to it. I have never done Christmas dinner in our own house and it might be a fun change to just stay in PJ's and let the kids play and watch films of Christmas day. We are normally rushing about seeing the grandparents we aren't having dinner with then onto the next house.

Don't think I would want to do it every year but I think we can make it fun for the kids.

Reactions: 13
Im officially one of those people who know someone with Covid.
My nephew (14) got his test results on Friday, positive. He’s on day 7 of symptoms now and is feeling pretty breathless, he can’t sleep as his body keeps abruptly awakening him probably because of his breathing. Feeling angry tbh we are all told kids will be fine and I’m sure he will be but it’s still not bloody pleasant at all when breathing is a struggle. Zero distancing in his school.
this is what scares me with mine, zero social distancing, in there with 18 year olds and my youngest thwt goes there is 11. I didn’t shield for all that time to die now :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I actually went Christmas shopping on Friday 😂
I went to drop some bags at the charity shop yesterday and drove past Smyth's on the way. Couldn't help myself on the way back and had to stop and got a few things. I also have two of my kids and my nephew's birthdays before Christmas . Normally I wait until the toy sales/black Friday etc but I'm not sure how all that will work this year and I'm just getting to antsy and want to feel a bit prepared !

I think we are just calling it now that we will be doing our own Christmas dinner at home this year. It's our turn to go to my mum's but that would be 14 of us from 7 households !

Part of me is looking forward to it. I have never done Christmas dinner in our own house and it might be a fun change to just stay in PJ's and let the kids play and watch films of Christmas day. We are normally rushing about seeing the grandparents we aren't having dinner with then onto the next house.

Don't think I would want to do it every year but I think we can make it fun for the kids.
Ah I live on my own so not so much fun. But the local carvery is doing a takeaway/pud/cracker combo which I may go for lol although a cracker for one makes me feel quite sad 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Who gives a crap has a 50% off code welovehermes not sure if it's still valid

• Heart
Reactions: 2
this is what scares me with mine, zero social distancing, in there with 18 year olds and my youngest thwt goes there is 11. I didn’t shield for all that time to die now :(
you wont die, i know someone very close to me who had it, who has got c.o.p.d and they recovered really well from it. Obviously lets hope you dont catch it at all, and no i dont know why you were shielding, but try not to stress because it lowers your immune system x

I went to tesco last night at normal weekly shop and the toilet roll and pasta shelves were emptying fast....
Which can I just say, knowing where you’re from, is so stupid.

Last week the whole council area (which covers loads of places) had 18 cases. That’s 5 per hundred thousand and it’s a decline from last week. The average area had 15 per 100k. Bolton (sorry only locked down area I could think of) has 196 per hundred thousand.

I don’t think that area is in any danger of full lockdown 🙄

And even if it were ... FOOD SHOPS STAY OPEN. What can people not comprehend about this?

even places like Amazon won’t be affected this time as they have their social distancing sorted now so it’s not going to be like last time. God it’s infuriating.

panic buying really grinds my gears if you can’t tell 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Started buying presents although my nieces and nephews are old enough to appreciate (want 😂) cash so I’ll send money to their accounts.

I always have a good supply of loo roll and pasta as I have always picked up some every time I shop. It’s more my freezer that needs stocking up.

I have a big birthday in December, not even bothering to attempt to organise anything to celebrate it 😢

Ive started my christmas shopping :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: post was a nightmare first time around im not taking any chances - i already have a bunch of presents hidden round the house

Reactions: 3
Ah I live on my own so not so much fun. But the local carvery is doing a takeaway/pud/cracker combo which I may go for lol although a cracker for one makes me feel quite sad 🤣
Yes i know we are lucky in that we have each other and young kids so it will be mush easier to make it Christmasy.

I feel zoom/facetime will be getting hit hard on Christmas day !

I hope you can enjoy a tasty dinner and snuggle up watching good Christmas films.

Here in Scotland it's only meant to be 2 households but my mum says she will break the rule and have both my gran and grandpa (opposite parents parents) on Christmas day. That will only be 4 of them but 3 households but I said she definitely should as mentally I don't think they would all cope otherwise. If none of the rest of us are there I feel she should do it.

Yes i know we are lucky in that we have each other and young kids so it will be mush easier to make it Christmasy.

I feel zoom/facetime will be getting hit hard on Christmas day !

I hope you can enjoy a tasty dinner and snuggle up watching good Christmas films.

Here in Scotland it's only meant to be 2 households but my mum says she will break the rule and have both my gran and grandpa (opposite parents parents) on Christmas day. That will only be 4 of them but 3 households but I said she definitely should as mentally I don't think they would all cope otherwise. If none of the rest of us are there I feel she should do it.
Well I usually go to a friend's family's house but they're a 6 and her Dad is very strict on the covid rules so that's me out 🤣

I don't mind chilling at home. Least it means I can have a drink on Xmas day now as I usually have to drive round 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My partner has had to ask his manager to go out of office to pick the kids up whilst I'm at work. My sister is out of work and has offered to pick them up make their tea whilst we both work. Is that classed as childcare? Would we get into trouble? It was just a thought of hers because upto now its a no but shes she stuck in on her own no contact with anyone so. But I know that nosey neighbours would think it as shes coming round everyday so dont think ill bother 🙄

A
I work at a pub and 10pm curfew won't do any thing at all, we will just have a lock in or go to someone's house. We need to live life and stop listening to this pathetic government the sooner more of the public realise the better. No one actually cares anymore and no one listens to the rules.
And that's the attitude that must stop. We must listen to the guidelines and like it or not, we must follow them and try to stop this virus continuing to spread. Would you still feel so bravo if you were hooked to a ventilator?

Reactions: 11
My partner has had to ask his manager to go out of office to pick the kids up whilst I'm at work. My sister is out of work and has offered to pick them up make their tea whilst we both work. Is that classed as childcare? Would we get into trouble? It was just a thought of hers because upto now its a no but shes she stuck in on her own no contact with anyone so. But I know that nosey neighbours would think it as shes coming round everyday so dont think ill bother 🙄
I would argue that is classed as childcare seen as your both in work.

Reactions: 4
Oh amazing....I’m a self emplyed hairdresser....already on our arses and behind with the bills so another stint of not working is going to break us 😭😭
Sorry, I probably shouldn’t have posted that. I didn’t mean to panic people. It’s probably nonsense 🤞

Had a proper meh day today 😒 Life is a bit tit atm due to my partners mental health struggles (which the stress of corona fear has sparked off) and I've got that horrible feeling in my stomach like back in March with all the uncertainty ahead! Can't really talk to my partner about it all (tbf he doesn't really know how bad the corona situation is again)
To quote something I read on here, its just a PROPER tit show! Not only do I have my partner to worry about now all the covid tit again! (Sorry I always come on here for a long rant and always apologise for the long rants) 😂 x Stay strong to everyone that is struggling x ❤
I’m sorry you’re going through this! I struggle with my mental health and my partner is brilliant with me but I think people forget about how much it affects the partner as well. I probably can’t say anything to make you feel better but whenever you need a rant or someone to talk to there are lots of us on here who will always listen 💖💖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.