Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re isolating once again 😣 we’re 99% sure I just have a cold but I’m unlucky in the sense they always go straight to my chest so I’ve got a horrible cough, but it’s not a risk worth taking still turning up to work.

My trust are very much on the ball with staff swabs so I was swabbed within 3 hours of ringing my manager and now we’re playing the waiting game 🤞🏼

• Sad
Reactions: 8
But what I am saying is this is not all pubs, and the police honestly round here do not care. There's no max 6 people as everyone knows everyone in the pub on a Friday night there's probably around 80 people in there with no social distancing, as it's impossible, hugging dancing the lot, just live your life get on with it.
Your all the moaners that complain about us that just get on with it were happy and are just basically living like normal again 😁 we have been controlled enough now, if you scared don't go out simple.
Yeah people have got to die at some point, it's called life it's not all roses. As far as me and many others are concerned we will just carry on. Your all delusional to think people are listening to the rules.
It's just a cold that the vast majority get over, more people died from suicide the past week.
Well let's just hope it's not your relative that @Northeast1988 is holding the phone for eh !

I'm n
Not a troll general saying my point of view and how me and many others are living right now.
You're living it the rest of us are paying for it :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Mother nature if it is, I can't stop anyone from dieing if it happens
But yet you might be the reason somebody dies because you think it’s alright to hold crappy pub lock ins because you’re gonna be told to shut at 10 🤡 that ain’t mother nature that’s blatant ignorance and a selfish attitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation handed him $40million for malaria research. He’s in Bill’s pocket.
Is malaria research not a good thing, then? I'm all in favour of research to prevent it.

Reactions: 4
As a teacher with a child in her class testing positive (2 more still awaiting tests), I truly believe we should bring in blended learning approach with 2 weeks home school with learning packs and 2 weeks in school for hotspot areas only, not everywhere. I know it'll be hard but I cant see this carrying on like this. Our cases are only rising rapidly everyday and even the kids are getting anxious now as we had to make them aware to SD and try not to touch each other in playgrounds (previously we never bothered with this as kids are kids!). We had a child who returned today who had only a cold but as he was coughing next to his peer, the peer came over asking to whisper if he can move bc he was worried as he knows he has a vulnerable parent and was part of the shielding category. My class nor I are allowed to self isolate as its not a "school transmission" apparently.

The child was in school throughout and only tested positive over the weekend as her parents were tested for work. She was asymptomatic. We dont know if others have caught it, I dont know if I have caught it and I dont even have the reassurance of a bloody mask! We've also had a new form of bullying in terms of sharing germs with someone and lying to them you have Coronavirus and the child will now have it. Its awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I never thought I'd have to use that ignore button as I enjoy hearing a wide variety of opinions, but I think I might make an exception...
Hear hear....I’m sometimes not entirely sure if certain posters are just complete and utter you-know-whats ‘trolling’ us for sh1ts & giggles or whether they truly do believe in the validity of what they post 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
the peer came over asking to whisper if he can move bc he was worried as he knows he has a vulnerable parent and was part of the shielding category.
Oh, poor kid 💔 this got me!

• Sad
Your contributing to the spread,that's enough ..
This is what your believing, it's nothing more than a common cold and yes people can die from it but vast majority live just honestly live your life.
But yet you might be the reason somebody dies because you think it’s alright to hold crappy pub lock ins because you’re gonna be told to shut at 10 🤡 that ain’t mother nature that’s blatant ignorance and a selfish attitude.
Oh don't worry we have there now as well so won't stop us either and the customers all go to different people's housing to carry on drinking

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just catching up with everything.
It's been a long day.
Did a food shop as had run out so many things including packed lunch/snacks and cleaning items.
I went between 10-12 home bargains and aldis was quite quiet.
Availability was good.
In home bargains brought cleaning items, medicines ans just 1x18 toiliet roll so jist over 2 weeks toiliet roll.
Meal planned 14 nights meals and wrote a list but added a few extras plus a few thing's i had in the freezer means we have 3 weeks worth evening meals.
I stocktaked the cupboards and freezer before i went to give me rough idea potential meal plan.
However i dident stocktake the medicines box and still had some medicines stockpiled from March like kids vapour rub, calpol and ibuprofen im sure they all get used up

I am not expecting anything major tommorow .
My dads back in lockdown in South Wales but my mams diffrent county so shes free to roam for now.
Hoping no changes that will delay work on kitchen scheduled few days electrician and carpenter .

Had email from senior school survey on online early.

Slightly fuming over the test priority.
Teachers 5th.pupils no priority Gavin Williamson lied and i feel schools and parents been let down.
As a teacher with a child in her class testing positive (2 more still awaiting tests), I truly believe we should bring in blended learning approach with 2 weeks home school with learning packs and 2 weeks in school for hotspot areas only, not everywhere. I know it'll be hard but I cant see this carrying on like this. Our cases are only rising rapidly everyday and even the kids are getting anxious now as we had to make them aware to SD and try not to touch each other in playgrounds (previously we never bothered with this as kids are kids!). We had a child who returned today who had only a cold but as he was coughing next to his peer, the peer came over asking to whisper if he can move bc he was worried as he knows he has a vulnerable parent and was part of the shielding category. My class nor I are allowed to self isolate as its not a "school transmission" apparently.

The child was in school throughout and only tested positive over the weekend as her parents were tested for work. She was asymptomatic. We dont know if others have caught it, I dont know if I have caught it and I dont even have the reassurance of a bloody mask! We've also had a new form of bullying in terms of sharing germs with someone and lying to them you have Coronavirus and the child will now have it. Its awful.
Schools are a real worry and i dont think government cares.
Lots grandparents on school run
Lots ill kids sent in.
I worry about vunerable or older teachers or staff.
Least nhs staff have ppe.

Reactions: 7
This is what your believing, it's nothing more than a common cold and yes people can die from it but vast majority live just honestly live your life.
Oh don't worry we have there now as well so won't stop us either and the customers all go to different people's housing to carry on drinking
The term Covidiot was invented for you ! you've obviously got :poop: for brains 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The term Covidiot was invented for you ! you've obviously got :poop: for brains 🥴
Think I missed the lecture at university where they say colds make the lungs fill up with inflammatory material and they are unable to get enough oxygen to the bloodstream, reducing the body’s ability to take on oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide thus causing death and autopsies show their alveoli stuffed with fluid, white blood cells, mucus, and the dead cells of destroyed lung cells

Reactions: 19
Think I missed the lecture at university where they say colds make the lungs fill up with inflammatory material and they are unable to get enough oxygen to the bloodstream, reducing the body’s ability to take on oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide thus causing death and autopsies show their alveoli stuffed with fluid, white blood cells, mucus, and the dead cells of destroyed lung cells
I know one on here is lacking in oxygen to the brain :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I can’t sleep with worry. I’m now convinced my daughters test will come back inconclusive because I didn’t do it properly😩

Reactions: 1
I've not been very active on this thread for a while. But a massive duck you to anyone who thinks schools should close. *awaiting warning but I needed to get that of my chest* 😘

I don't have any kids and I really believe the way things have exploded in Scotland that it was the kids going back to school that has caused the virus to go crazy - super spreaders and all that.

But!!! I truly believe that schools need to stay open. During lockdown I realised that in my local area a lot of families didn't have access to internet or tablets etc. Also, they generally don't have a dining room they can turn into a classroom.

Without schools being open, a generation of kids will never catch up!!!

However I still think the increase in the virus could have been predicted and measures put in place to counter it.

But then I'm now a fully paid member of the conspiracy club 😀😀😀

• Heart
I don't have any kids and I really believe the way things have exploded in Scotland that it was the kids going back to school that has caused the virus to go crazy - super spreaders and all that.

But!!! I truly believe that schools need to stay open. During lockdown I realised that in my local area a lot of families didn't have access to internet or tablets etc. Also, they generally don't have a dining room they can turn into a classroom.

Without schools being open, a generation of kids will never catch up!!!

However I still think the increase in the virus could have been predicted and measures put in place to counter it.

But then I'm now a fully paid member of the conspiracy club 😀😀😀
I agree with you. I will be gutted if schools and nurseries close, and not because I’m “too lazy to look after my own children” or I don’t care enough about them. I work night shift, my husband is currently jobless thanks to Covid. There would always be someone home with my children so it’s not necessarily a childcare issue. My children have additional needs and regressions do happen. I am worried about their development; they rely on social interactions with peers to help them to develop social skills that they otherwise lack due to the nature of their needs.

My son is thriving at school and enjoys it. His younger brother has yet to start nursery (not able to start for another few months because of Covid and numbers though he should’ve started already), and the idea that they will lock down before he even gets a foot in the door is just awful. As he is yet to receive an official diagnosis, nursery is integral in that it will help with this. How can we see how he is around peers if he isn’t allowed to be with them? There’s so much more to it than parents needing a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.