Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Listening to Chris Whitty today, I think he and the Professor spoke a lot of sense. I'm glad they updated us the situation, and I'm looking forward to hear how Boris will approach it tomorrow.

Reactions: 8
We had an email from my sons school today (there's been a positive case - not in his bubble), with a whole list of instructions to follow. These included that if you have a dog you are not allowed to walk it and must get someone else to do it. Covered ALL the bases 😂.
I'm not for a minute suggesting you shouldn't walk your dog in this hypothetical situation by the way, it just amused me that it was on the list.
So on the dog walking thing, I know my local authority used volunteers to walk dogs of people who were shielding, purely because a friend of mine was asked to walk a dog and is still doing so 😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
Surely given all the scientific evidence put to us today Boris will have to do more than just close thr pubs at 10pm? It won't deter people. They'll just go out earlier or go and get pissed at someone's house instead

Reactions: 16
Why the duck shouldn't people walk their dog? That is absurd. You likely don't get Covid from walking your dog outside. End of.
People in the shielded category in my local authority had volunteers walk their dog during shielding. I’m assuming the risk would be the same for someone who was Covid positive 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 1
People in the shielded category in my local authority had volunteers walk their dog during shielding. I’m assuming the risk would be the same for someone who was Covid positive 🤷🏽‍♀️
Oh, I thought it meant people in general couldn't walk their dog. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Anyone here a uni student/have uni aged kids?

My sister is due to return next week and has today found out that all of her lessons for the first term are online and could well be so for the full year.

She’s committed to her uni accommodation for the year and so now potentially faces the full confined to her small room to study. She has no idea who her new flatmates are. If they don’t get on there will be no escape.

It’s made me realise that I’ve barely heard a thing about uni students returning and when I have it’s been negative. If schools and work places have accommodate people by making them COVID secure, why has the same not been done for lectures etc?
I've just received my timetable for second year and I'm only on campus once a month for face to face teaching, everything else is online. I'm doing a science degree and we aren't even able to do lab practicals 🤷‍♀️. God knows whether that will change later in the year. I feel for those that have had to fork out for accommodation, especially when most of their time will be spent in their rooms with little interaction. Hopefully it will improve in the new year 🤞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Why the duck shouldn't people walk their dog? That is absurd. You likely don't get Covid from walking your dog outside. End of.
It's if you're a close contact of a positive case you have to isolate ,that includes not even going out to walk your dog ..

Reactions: 7
Surely given all the scientific evidence put to us today Boris will have to do more than just close thr pubs at 10pm? It won't deter people. They'll just go out earlier or go and get pissed at someone's house instead
Newcastle and Sunderland are dead on a nighttime now so it’s working in some way

Reactions: 6
This is true but then at least people will be confined to their groups rather than several groups getting drunk then mingling in with each other.

This is true but then at least people will be confined to their groups rather than several groups getting drunk then mingling in with each other.
And tbf nobody really goes out until 10pm anyway up here as it doesn’t liven up here

And I wouldn’t be going out getting blotto if I knew I had to be back home by 10pm

Reactions: 2
I've just received my timetable for second year and I'm only on campus once a month for face to face teaching, everything else is online. I'm doing a science degree and we aren't even able to do lab practicals 🤷‍♀️. God knows whether that will change later in the year. I feel for those that have had to fork out for accommodation, especially when most of their time will be spent in their rooms with little interaction. Hopefully it will improve in the new year 🤞
Wow once a month😬 it’s just crazy, out of primary and secondary, uni students are the ones who can probably distance better as everyone is practically adults so should understand the situation. It’s definitely not the same quality of teaching as during my first year, all lecturers went on about is how important it is to show up as they can see the difference between students who actively show up to sessions and gain the most from it

And tbf nobody really goes out until 10pm anyway up here as it doesn’t liven up here

And I wouldn’t be going out getting blotto if I knew I had to be back home by 10pm
I’m 33 and I love nothing more than getting blotto and being in (my own) bed by 10pm 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So we’re due to go on a staycation tomorrow, self catering and no plans to see anyone /eat our etc. my sister is due to have her (planned since lockdown) wedding in 2 weeks. Waiting on Boris’s announcement tomorrow, and keeping everything crossed we are able to go away as we will already be half way there........

Reactions: 5
It's if you're a close contact of a positive case you have to isolate ,that includes not even going out to walk your dog ..
Our local doctor was a confirmed case in June time, and he was out walking his dog daily the wee fanny 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.