Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question. Staying at someone’s house A child in a her class has corona virus. Does she need to self isolate? They are waiting for an official comment from school but I need to decide if I need to leave her house now or if it’s too many steps of separation? she has no symptoms

Just seen that Jet2 have cancelled all flights to Spain. That's huge. I was going to phone to cancel my holiday to Italy in June but I doubt I'll get through to speak to anyone today!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I work in HR and I have had 136 emails regarding Covid-19 already this morning. For reference, I usually get about 40-50 emails per day...

We've also run out of loo roll in the office. Fab
Because everyone will be nicking it for home 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
i know people here will all have different opinions on whether the uk should go into lockdown but this petition isn’t far of 100,000 if you want to sign it

Reactions: 7
New Zealand have put self isolation in place for anyone who arrives in the country. Which is a great measure as they have few cases and hopefully can keep it that way.

But personally, it means we can no longer attend my sister in laws wedding there in two weeks. And because it isn’t a travel ban and flights aren’t cancelled, we are going to lose upwards of £5000 😭
Maybe they might have a travel ban in place before then ..That's a lot of money to lose.

Reactions: 2
Corona #6: government doing "immunity of the herd", to protect the vulnerable would be absurd.

Reactions: 8
Just seen that Jet2 have cancelled all flights to Spain. That's huge. I was going to phone to cancel my holiday to Italy in June but I doubt I'll get through to speak to anyone today!
Yeah the Spain thing is massive - they're even turning planes around mid-flight right now. It's crazy

• Wow
I don't know if I'm just going mad but I feel like they haven't implemented strict measures in the UK yet because it's gotten to a stage where people are asking to be locked down and be more likely to comply when it happens.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'm glad that Jet2 have cancelled all flights to Spain. My mum who has underlying health conditions was due to fly to Palma on Monday with friends. After bombarding her for days she had finally agreed not to go yesterday. However, her friends were still planning on going which I thought was just sheer lunacy.

Maybe they might have a travel ban in place before then ..That's a lot of money to lose.
fingers crossed they will! Yes, we are a big family and we had to add in a flight to get us to Heathrow, so it was a big expense. Some very upset kids in our house this morning 😭 they don’t get it’s for everyone’s safety, just that they’ve been looking forward to a wedding, a holiday and seeing family and now they can’t.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
i know people here will all have different opinions on whether the uk should go into lockdown but this petition isn’t far of 100,000 if you want to sign it

I've signed it as I think boris isnt taking it seriously I might be ok but I worry for the people who have health problems and the elderly and the vulnerable.

I’d hold off cancelling yet. If they cancel on you you’ll get a refund.

Reactions: 10
fingers crossed they will! Yes, we are a big family and we had to add in a flight to get us to Heathrow, so it was a big expense. Some very upset kids in our house this morning 😭 they don’t get it’s for everyone’s safety, just that they’ve been looking forward to a wedding, a holiday and seeing family and now they can’t.
That's always the way isn't it ,when you've your heart set on something it all goes belly up .Yes the kids don't "get it" my youngest has all his football training and matches cancelled until further notice. He's a promising footballer and himself and the rest of the team had a lot of plans for the coming yr (tournaments etc) their all very disappointed ..But things are changing hourly so they could call a flight ban yet? and you might get refunded ,here's hoping says you..

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this has been posted - I’ve had pages to catch up on so have skim read and may have missed it.

its a twitter thread that explains clearly the rationale behind the “herd immunity”.

To be honest as someone who was desperate for them to close school it does makes sense, although it has sent my anxiety sky high as a person they’re aiming to deliberately infect 😣😩 I just hope in the lottery of severity I get it mildly and their massive gamble of assumptions about immunity are correct. Terrifying. I do feel a bit “sacrificial lamb” to the immunity gods.

Reactions: 4
I don't want to promote conspiracies but this has been on my mind. I asked last week about interviews from people who've had it. I see there have been some online from people who have been quarantined, but tell me, with so many cases being reported can any of YOU (not people on the news who could've been paid to say they've had it) say for an absolute certainty that you know someone who's had it? Or has it?
I'm really hard pushed finding someone who does.
I'm not interested in "I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who's got it/had it"
I mean first hand accounts.

Attachments

• Heart
Omg. I knew that I have to make atleast one stupid lingvistic mistake 🤦🤦🤦😀
Pissed off and pissed on are completely different things! Bless you. 😁
My dad is high risk too but even I draw the line at pissing on him!🚽

• Haha
Madness. I’m worried for Jet2 and their employees after seeing what happened with Thomas Cook. Waiting to hear if our flights get cancelled. I checked them the other day and they’d gone down in price since we booked and both there and back were over half empty 😰

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.